ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson's Trajectory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pervis - good post. What about the intangibles? Why does it seem our running game is better, why are our TEs more involved, more importantly maybe, why is our OL seemingly blocking better? Why does it seem that our offense has more sustained drives. Why is our kickoff and punt returns better? Maybe the sense is KB is a better leader, maybe he should be considering he is a RS soph. Given all that why shouldn't he be the QB?

Who's ignoring it? His QB rating for that game was 111? Is that good in your eyes?...

50% completion rate is not very good however that lines up
I don't see a whole lot of QB bashing from anyone other than Zipp telling us why Bolin shouldn't get any reps. I for one, am not as concerned with who plays QB as much as the system in which they play.

Actual "bashing" has been more directed at McGee and by extension CBP...and it has been about "system" at least some of the time...as in he/they have lost their mojo or whatever and how/why...I don't agree with the married to a system pt. of view and no one has backed that up in a way I've found convincing. That's just me.

Since I want to win always, I'm sympathetic to a point other than stuff that's not backed up by anything but magical thinking or that actually shows mean-spiritedness towards amateur players.

Pervis - good post. What about the intangibles? Why does it seem our running game is better, why are our TEs more involved, more importantly maybe, why is our OL seemingly blocking better? Why does it seem that our offense has more sustained drives. Why is our kickoff and punt returns better? Maybe the sense is KB is a better leader, maybe he should be considering he is a RS soph. Given all that why shouldn't he be the QB?

1. Weaker opponents (measurably so on D).
2. We're getting better (all you have to do is look at some of the more complicated running plays we've been able to run).
3. Bolin is more experienced (he has been far from perfect...I think we can still get a lot better in the next 3 games).

Not sure what you're looking at with re to special teams but am pretty sure that isn't anything to do with Bolin. I wasn't aware we had improved therein, frankly, but if so, glad.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
For the record, 'zipp' is not "QB bashing". But compared to a few of the hardcore Bolin fans, any effort to analyze objectively is for sure seen as "Bolin bashing".

Bolin is a good serviceable QB. As I've said before, I have nothing against the kid. I have a lot against some of his supporters.
And I am not bashing anyone with a different opinion than mine - just those who refer to themselves in the 3rd person.

Those are the guys I can't stand - lol.

Reactions: CardsDan

Well .. to be fair ... Syracuse D and Virginia D aren't the most imposing on the D Line ... so the O-Line should have played better. BC and Wake Forest struggle, but it's not because of their defense. They both have one of the better defenses in the nation.

I think you're seeing what you want to see regarding sustained drives. Against Syracuse, we marched down the field and scored on the first possession. It was a very nice drive. But then the next two possessions, we went 3 and out, and threw an INT that gave Cuse the ball on our side of the field. Sustained drives are pretty even between the two QB's, I'd guess.

Had Lamar been able to play against Syracuse, I think the results would have been similar. But that's an "if'n" game that is pointless to play.

For the record, 'zipp' is not "QB bashing". But compared to a few of the hardcore Bolin fans, any effort to analyze objectively is for sure seen as "Bolin bashing".

Bolin is a good serviceable QB. As I've said before, I have nothing against the kid. I have a lot against some of his supporters.

And why just about all of anybody's supporters have a lot of problems with zip as bpghost so eloquently and perfectly stated.

Reactions: BPGhost
Well .. to be fair ... Syracuse D and Virginia D aren't the most imposing on the D Line ... so the O-Line should have played better. BC and Wake Forest struggle, but it's not because of their defense. They both have one of the better defenses in the nation.

I think you're seeing what you want to see regarding sustained drives. Against Syracuse, we marched down the field and scored on the first possession. It was a very nice drive. But then the next two possessions, we went 3 and out, and threw an INT that gave Cuse the ball on our side of the field. Sustained drives are pretty even between the two QB's, I'd guess.

Had Lamar been able to play against Syracuse, I think the results would have been similar. But that's an "if'n" game that is pointless to play.

If every opinion was stated like this, doubtless there would be less piling on.

Ok Pervis. I see that you bought into zipp 's infatuation with SOS. Wake and BC have great defenses but yet Wake has lost 30-17 to Cuse, lost 50-14, lost 35-17 and 28-7 to a lowly VT. We beat them 20-17 with LJ and if they didn't fumble had at least a chance for OT. BC has lost 26-10, 24-8 to NC State and 34-17 and wow they did beat wake 3-0. Great defenses or piss poor offenses. VA only lost by 7 to ND and 7 to Pitt ( we will know if that is relevant this Sat) and lost by 6 to Cuse. Cuse gave FSU a tough game early and only lost by 10 to Clemson last week. Bottom line I could use Zipps logic or stats and say that VA and Cuse are better than Wake and BC. Would anyone bet their house to say I'm wrong?

And I am not bashing anyone with a different opinion than mine - just those who refer to themselves in the 3rd person...
A hang-up you've got that even 'zipp' can't help you with. :cool:

Ok Pervis. I see that you bought into zipp 's infatuation with SOS. Wake and BC have great defenses but yet Wake has lost 30-17 to Cuse, lost 50-14, lost 35-17 and 28-7 to a lowly VT. We beat them 20-17 with LJ and if they didn't fumble had at least a chance for OT. BC has lost 26-10, 24-8 to NC State and 34-17 and wow they did beat wake 3-0. Great defenses or piss poor offenses. VA only lost by 7 to ND and 7 to Pitt ( we will know if that is relevant this Sat) and lost by 6 to Cuse. Cuse gave FSU a tough game early and only lost by 10 to Clemson last week. Bottom line I could use Zipps logic or stats and say that VA and Cuse are better than Wake and BC. Would anyone bet their house to say I'm wrong?
I think with just 3-4 comparative scores, you can also prove that Coastal Carolina is better than Clemson.

OTOH, stats are kept by a gazillion services and used by that many people to interpret results. Only here do a few people who don't like what stats show summarily dismiss them.

I like a gazillion people on my side...

Zipp,

If Kyle is only serviceable, then what does that make the rest? Unserviceable? You sir are without knowledge, whatever that means.
On balance, they're about the same. The problem is, in your mind, Bolin is already better before the descriptor is applied. I wouldn't use the word "serviceable" about Jackson, but he averages out about the same.

And I feel equally constructive about the hard care Bolin guys...

I think with just 3-4 comparative scores, you can also prove that Coastal Carolina is better than Clemson.

OTOH, stats are kept by a gazillion services and used by that many people to interpret results. Only here do a few people who don't like what stats show summarily dismiss them.

I like a gazillion people on my side...
A gazillion people minus Bobby Petrino - lol.

If you wanna produce the "prior stint" data, anything's possible. Make sure schedule strength data are included.

Based on G-man's analysis of Petrino's all time results based on SOS, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I know for sure--because I looked recently at the data--we couldn't run the ball very well in the Orange Bowl year against the better teams (WVU, Rutgers, Miami, Wake). Barely cracked 100 ypg.

But eff the facts, right?...

Zipp, all data is "prior stint" data, is it not?

Zipp, all data is "prior stint" data, is it not?
The "prior stint" remark re. Petrino's first four years here came from another poster. I don't remember the full scope of G-man's analysis, but I believe it spanned Petrino's college head coaching career. And it may not have been G-man's own analysis, i.e., he may have reproduced it from somewhere else.

The bottom line is that Petrino, while a great coach and proven winner often in impressive fashion with big offensive numbers, has a hard time beating good teams. The difference in his record between those two groups is striking. The last two years is more evidence of that: we're 10-1 against NOT FSU and NOT Clemson in the ACC, and 0-4 against those two. You can continue with your insanity of playing the same football and expecting different results, or you can change. Credit to Petrino for not being insane.

Petrino came to U of L--as did his coaches--to win a championship. First ACC, then national. I don't believe that he's a patient man and plans to win one as the capstone to, say, a 15-year "stint" at U of L. Maybe let nature take its course...I don't think he's in cruise control. I know for sure his boss isn't. You have no better way to do that than start beating Clemson and FSU. Thrashing the Cuse ain't the answer.

And that's why Petrino's tinkering with his offensive playbook and transitioning the QB position. He feels he has to...

The bottom line is that Petrino, while a great coach and proven winner often in impressive fashion with big offensive numbers, has a hard time beating good teams.

Do you have data on how many of the games he was favored to beat "good teams?"

It's an interesting thing to study, what would be considered "good teams" also?

We talking top 50? top 25? top 10?

Send out an APB to G-man for his numbers...

Not sure of the lines on the games but you would have to say that BP's biggest wins in his coaching career have been over #3 WVU in 2006, over #10 Boise St in the 2004 Liberty Bowl and over #10 Kansas St in the 2011-12 Cotton Bowl while he was at Arkansas.
My guess is that his teams were slight favorite in the first 2 and a slight underdog in the Cotton Bowl.

Other "big" games that come to mind that he won were the Orange Bowl over Wake Forest in which we were heavily favored and when we stomped #17 Miami here in 2006 I believe we were slight favorites.

There was also the crushing loss at #15 Rutgers in which were favored in 2006. And who could forget the 2 gut wrenching losses at #3 Miami in 2004 and WVU in 2005. We had those 2 and let them slip away. Underdogs in both.

Lastly Bobby was 10-12 against ranked teams while at Arkansas not quite able to get over the hump against elite teams like Alabama and Florida.

The "prior stint" remark re. Petrino's first four years here came from another poster. I don't remember the full scope of G-man's analysis, but I believe it spanned Petrino's college head coaching career. And it may not have been G-man's own analysis, i.e., he may have reproduced it from somewhere else.

The bottom line is that Petrino, while a great coach and proven winner often in impressive fashion with big offensive numbers, has a hard time beating good teams. The difference in his record between those two groups is striking. The last two years is more evidence of that: we're 10-1 against NOT FSU and NOT Clemson in the ACC, and 0-4 against those two. You can continue with your insanity of playing the same football and expecting different results, or you can change. Credit to Petrino for not being insane.

Petrino came to U of L--as did his coaches--to win a championship. First ACC, then national. I don't believe that he's a patient man and plans to win one as the capstone to, say, a 15-year "stint" at U of L. Maybe let nature take its course...I don't think he's in cruise control. I know for sure his boss isn't. You have no better way to do that than start beating Clemson and FSU. Thrashing the Cuse ain't the answer.

And that's why Petrino's tinkering with his offensive playbook and transitioning the QB position. He feels he has to...
More subjective and simplistic nonsense intended to prop up your thesis. So, we are to believe that Petrino finds it hard to beat good teams? Was that when he was going 41-9 or are you talking about his time at Arky? Maybe you're going even further back - to his OC stints with Auburn or the Jags? Lol.

Typically it takes time to get the right personnel into a program when a head coach takes over - whether you're running the read option or, pro set - particularly if you are taking over a program that does not already run that offense and therefore, has not recruited to those skill sets. RichRod going to, and failing at, Michigan is one example of a team with the wrong personnel in place to run a successful offense - and on and on and on. Both at Louisville and Arky, Petrino left after year four and in both examples - he had each program and its personnel primed after year 4 to have made and continue to makehuge impact on the national stage - particularly at Ark playing in the SEC west. So your theory involving FSU and Clemson really needs to be revisited in a couple of years, after BP has had at least three recruiting classes.

BP has simply tried to best play the hand he felt was dealt to him regarding his options at QB. Had WG not gotten hurt, there would have been no dailiance with the pistol and this conversation wouldn't have happened. For you to say with the any amount of certitude that he's "tinkering with the offense because he feels he has to" as if it's not good enough to win on the national level, belies your lack intelligence on the matter and is frankly, beyond ludicrous.

Last edited:
Zipp,

If Kyle is only serviceable, then what does that make the rest? Unserviceable? You sir are without knowledge, whatever that means.

zip of course speaks from the experience of the kid who received a daily atomic wedgie from the football team so he know his stuff. LOL

zip of course speaks from the experience of the kid who received a daily atomic wedgie from the football team so he know his stuff. LOL
Coincidentally, I was just remarking to someone the other day...

When Pass and/or Oden come strolling into camp this Summer alongside of Bonnafon and Jackson already there, someone's gonna need to send out a search party for the panties that Dan's gonna have riding so far up his arse that mere amateurs have no hope in finding. I don't want poor Dan too bound up to witness what's likely to happen.

I was also marveling at him b!tching just a month ago how unfair it was that Bolin had his only start against Clemson. But now that the cats and dogs are coming up on our schedule with Bolin now in the line-up, no problemo. Crazy how that double standard ish works--Dan's an outstanding practitioner...

Last edited:
More subjective and simplistic nonsense intended to prop up your thesis...
Would love to take credit for it, but I'll have to acknowledge what others have pioneered on their own. Let G-man tell you all you need to know about Petrino's success against different levels of competition.

I'm a huge fan of Petrino. But I'll be the first to admit that the pinball machine results are against fair-to-poor competition. He doesn't usually light up good teams like that. We've had lesser examples of that the last two ballgames.

Of course, too many people here rely on their memories and their eyes...

Coincidentally, I was just remarking to someone the other day...

When Pass and/or Oden come strolling into camp this Summer alongside of Bonnafon and Jackson already there, someone's gonna need to send out a search party for the panties that Dan's gonna have riding so far up his arse that mere amateurs have no hope in finding. I don't want poor Dan too bound up to witness what's likely to happen.

I was also marveling at him b!tching just a month ago how unfair it was that Bolin had his only start against Clemson. But now that the cats and dogs are coming up on our schedule with Bolin now in the line-up, no problemo. Crazy how that double standard ish works--Dan's an outstanding practitioner...

Another one of your hallucinating lies and distortions . All people have to do is look at this thread for evidence against you. Produce one quote from me that backs up your attacks. Never complained about Clemson. obviously Bobby knew he was the only QB he could play in that game. You're the one who brings out the nerd card with goofy clown charts and stats. I never trashed Lamar's schedule of teams though like you do other players just to be some kind of genius on a sport they got the toughness and character to play but you didn't. yeah, you're a real stand up guy the way you attack this kid just to boost your pint sized ego. As much as you try to play out a 2nd childhood here, you need to belly up to the fact you're just a pitiful old geezer with unheard of levels of
dementia.

Would love to take credit for it, but I'll have to acknowledge what others have pioneered on their own. Let G-man tell you all you need to know about Petrino's success against different levels of competition.

I'm a huge fan of Petrino. But I'll be the first to admit that the pinball machine results are against fair-to-poor competition. He doesn't usually light up good teams like that. We've had lesser examples of that the last two ballgames.

why do you keep referring to some g-man like some imbecile who got lost wandering aimlessly around Seneca park? There's no g-man here supporting this lunacy.

Well, which is it now? Are we saying that he doesn't beat good teams or, that he doesn't light them up? There's a bit of a difference - not that I expect your to discern that.

The bottom line is that the best coaches in the history of football typically have average records against teams that are as good, or better than their team. That's the way it works. I've no interest in sifting thru W/L stats to prove something that should be self evident for anyone who follows football - particularly when you have shown little grasp on realities that are outside of your narrative - but I'll give you two.

Bear Bryant's bowl record - 12-10-2
Nick Saban's bowl record - 8-8

Hmmm. Guess at least one of those guys should be looking for a better system - I'll leave it to you, to figure out which - lol.

BTW - Petrino's bowl record is 4-4.

Reactions: CardsDan
The bottom line is that the best coaches in the history of football typically have average records against teams that are as good, or better than their team. That's the way it works.

This feels like a pretty good point. Maybe I will do some hunting I got time and see if I can produce something statistically.

Actual record of coaches against ranked teams....

Here is a link using a time frame of 2007 - 2014...

Link at bottom of post....

I chose to highlight and bold type some of the top coaches IMO in today's game

School Coach W-L since 2007 W-L Current

Alabama Nick Saban 19-12 19-12

Arizona Rich Rodriguez 3-19 1-7
Arizona St. Todd Graham 5-10 4-5
Arkansas Bret Bielema 7-23 0-5
Auburn Gus Malzahn 3-4 3-2
Baylor Art Briles 4-19 4-18
Boston College Steve Addazio 0-4 0-2
California Sonny Dykes 0-15 0-6
Clemson Dabo Swinney 8-12 8-12
Colorado Mike MacIntyre 0-12 0-5
Duke David Cutcliffe 0-16 0-16
Florida Will Muschamp 5-12 5-12
Florida St. Jimbo Fisher 7-6 7-6
Georgia Mark Richt 10-21 10-21

Georgia Tech Paul Johnson 7-11 7-11
Illinois Tim Beckman 0-11 0-7
Indiana Kevin Wilson 0-8 0-8
Iowa Kirk Ferentz 9-15 9-15
Iowa St. Paul Rhoads 2-13 2-13
Kansas Charlie Weis 0-14 0-7
Kansas St. Bill Snyder 4-12 4-12
Kentucky Mark Stoops 0-5 0-5
Louisville Bobby Petrino 6-13 6-13
LSU Les Miles 18-15 18-15

Maryland Randy Edsall 1-14 0-7
Miami (FL) Al Golden 0-11 0-9
Michigan Brady Hoke 4-14 4-8
Michigan St. Mark Dantonio 8-21 8-21
Minnesota Jerry Kill 0-12 0-10
Ole Miss Hugh Freeze 2-11 2-10
Mississippi St. Dan Mullen 1-23 1-23
Missouri Gary Pinkel 8-20 8-20
Nebraska Bo Pelini 5-16 5-16
UNC Larry Fedora 2-6 0-3
NC State Dave Doeren 0-5 0-3
Northwestern Pat Fitzgerald 5-16 5-16
Notre Dame Brian Kelly 11-14 7-7
Ohio St. Urban Meyer 10-13 3-2

Oklahoma Bob Stoops 17-17 17-17
Oklahoma St. Mike Gundy 10-17 10-17

Oregon Mark Helfrich 2-1 2-1
Oregon St. Mike Riley 2-25 2-25
Penn St. James Franklin 0-12 0-0
Pittsburgh Paul Chryst 2-3 2-3
Purdue Darrell Hazell 0-7 0-4
Rutgers Kyle Flood 0-4 0-4
South Carolina Steve Spurrier 17-16 17-16
Stanford David Shaw 10-5 10-5
Syracuse Scott Shafer 0-2 0-2
TCU Gary Patterson 8-12 8-12
Tennessee Butch Jones 1-12 1-5
Texas Charlie Strong 2-2 0-0
Texas A&M Kevin Sumlin 5-11 4-6
Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury 1-3 1-3
UCLA Jim L. Mora 3-6 3-6
USC Steve Sarkisian 4-17 0-0
Utah Kyle Whittingham 5-14 5-14
Vanderbilt Derek Mason 0-0 0-0
Virginia Mike London 1-8 1-8
Virginia Tech Frank Beamer 8-16 8-16
Wake Forest Dave Clawson 0-6 0-0
Washington Chris Petersen 5-5 5-5
Washington St. Mike Leach 5-13 1-8
West Virginia Dana Holgorsen 4-5 4-5
Wisconsin Gary Andersen 1-9 0-3

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/...football-coaches-records-against-ranked-teams

Last edited:
Reactions: BPGhost
Actual record of coaches against ranked teams....

Here is a link that does not include last year's games, and shows a time frame of 2007 - 2014...

Link at bottom of post....

I chose to highlight and bold type some of the top coaches IMO in today's game, and that time frame of 2007 - 2014.

School Coach W-L since 2007 W-L Current

Alabama Nick Saban 19-12 19-12

Arizona Rich Rodriguez 3-19 1-7
Arizona St. Todd Graham 5-10 4-5
Arkansas Bret Bielema 7-23 0-5
Auburn Gus Malzahn 3-4 3-2
Baylor Art Briles 4-19 4-18
Boston College Steve Addazio 0-4 0-2
California Sonny Dykes 0-15 0-6
Clemson Dabo Swinney 8-12 8-12
Colorado Mike MacIntyre 0-12 0-5
Duke David Cutcliffe 0-16 0-16
Florida Will Muschamp 5-12 5-12
Florida St. Jimbo Fisher 7-6 7-6
Georgia Mark Richt 10-21 10-21

Georgia Tech Paul Johnson 7-11 7-11
Illinois Tim Beckman 0-11 0-7
Indiana Kevin Wilson 0-8 0-8
Iowa Kirk Ferentz 9-15 9-15
Iowa St. Paul Rhoads 2-13 2-13
Kansas Charlie Weis 0-14 0-7
Kansas St. Bill Snyder 4-12 4-12
Kentucky Mark Stoops 0-5 0-5
Louisville Bobby Petrino 6-13 6-13
LSU Les Miles 18-15 18-15

Maryland Randy Edsall 1-14 0-7
Miami (FL) Al Golden 0-11 0-9
Michigan Brady Hoke 4-14 4-8
Michigan St. Mark Dantonio 8-21 8-21
Minnesota Jerry Kill 0-12 0-10
Ole Miss Hugh Freeze 2-11 2-10
Mississippi St. Dan Mullen 1-23 1-23
Missouri Gary Pinkel 8-20 8-20
Nebraska Bo Pelini 5-16 5-16
UNC Larry Fedora 2-6 0-3
NC State Dave Doeren 0-5 0-3
Northwestern Pat Fitzgerald 5-16 5-16
Notre Dame Brian Kelly 11-14 7-7
Ohio St. Urban Meyer 10-13 3-2

Oklahoma Bob Stoops 17-17 17-17
Oklahoma St. Mike Gundy 10-17 10-17

Oregon Mark Helfrich 2-1 2-1
Oregon St. Mike Riley 2-25 2-25
Penn St. James Franklin 0-12 0-0
Pittsburgh Paul Chryst 2-3 2-3
Purdue Darrell Hazell 0-7 0-4
Rutgers Kyle Flood 0-4 0-4
South Carolina Steve Spurrier 17-16 17-16
Stanford David Shaw 10-5 10-5
Syracuse Scott Shafer 0-2 0-2
TCU Gary Patterson 8-12 8-12
Tennessee Butch Jones 1-12 1-5
Texas Charlie Strong 2-2 0-0
Texas A&M Kevin Sumlin 5-11 4-6
Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury 1-3 1-3
UCLA Jim L. Mora 3-6 3-6
USC Steve Sarkisian 4-17 0-0
Utah Kyle Whittingham 5-14 5-14
Vanderbilt Derek Mason 0-0 0-0
Virginia Mike London 1-8 1-8
Virginia Tech Frank Beamer 8-16 8-16
Wake Forest Dave Clawson 0-6 0-0
Washington Chris Petersen 5-5 5-5
Washington St. Mike Leach 5-13 1-8
West Virginia Dana Holgorsen 4-5 4-5
Wisconsin Gary Andersen 1-9 0-3

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/...football-coaches-records-against-ranked-teams
Nice work Hop. So even more dramatic than I thought. Bold type represents a veritable "who's who" of guys on everyone's short list to run their program and they are a collective 163-222 against ranked teams. What a bunch of losers - lol.

Hop, when you really get some time - why don't you research how many of those 163 wins included "lighting the opponent up"?

I'm sure Zipp would appreciate it...

LOL oh man I got no dog in the fight I think I tapped out a couple weeks ago. I argue too much and don't even remember what the argument was.

Beating top teams ain't easy, I think we'd all agree with that!

Here is my educated guess. If Bolin plays well and we win out over Pitt and KY, both quarterbacks will play next year to mix things up. The line will have another year to get used to the different cadences of the two quarterbacks, so less penalties. CardsDan is the only one who knows for sure but no way Bolin sits for two years. He will play or move on. I'm sure we promised Lamar playing time to get him. So play both, go with the hot hand in some games, mix it up.

I'm not a fan of two quarterback systems but this could work. Its devastating in the third quarter to contain a guy like Lamar when the D Line gets tired, and he can throw it some, and you cant predict when he is coming in the game. No way Bobby can bench Bolin next year if we win out and he keeps moving the ball and making good decisions like he has. I actually think Bolin had an off night last week with his throws, and I bet he would say the same, so there is still much more upside to Bolin. Lots of guys can run and throw the ball but not everyone can be a real quarterback. Lamars a real talent but yet to be seen if he can read what he is seeing and be a real quarterback. Its not time to hand him the torch. No way in my mind Bolin sits for two years, no way. Too good to sit. I bet they both play, for the next two years. Bobby will have to sell it to both guys. Pass is two years away if he is not moved to a new position sooner. Just never know. Now if Lamar made a huge learning curve next year, its hard to keep that athleticism off the field. Lets see how our last three games play out.

Another one of your hallucinating lies and distortions . All people have to do is look at this thread for evidence against you. Produce one quote from me that backs up your attacks. Never complained about Clemson. obviously Bobby knew he was the only QB he could play in that game. You're the one who brings out the nerd card with goofy clown charts and stats. I never trashed Lamar's schedule of teams though like you do other players just to be some kind of genius on a sport they got the toughness and character to play but you didn't. yeah, you're a real stand up guy the way you attack this kid just to boost your pint sized ego. As much as you try to play out a 2nd childhood here, you need to belly up to the fact you're just a pitiful old geezer with unheard of levels of dementia.
And you're by far the sorriest moderator I've ever seen on a message board. Conflicted (conflict of interest), thin skinned and hypersensitive, insult spewing, board rule violator. Great credentials for your next gig...

Well, which is it now? Are we saying that he doesn't beat good teams or, that he doesn't light them up? There's a bit of a difference - not that I expect your to discern that.

The bottom line is that the best coaches in the history of football typically have average records against teams that are as good, or better than their team. That's the way it works. I've no interest in sifting thru W/L stats to prove something that should be self evident for anyone who follows football - particularly when you have shown little grasp on realities that are outside of your narrative - but I'll give you two.

Bear Bryant's bowl record - 12-10-2
Nick Saban's bowl record - 8-8

Hmmm. Guess at least one of those guys should be looking for a better system - I'll leave it to you, to figure out which - lol.

BTW - Petrino's bowl record is 4-4.
IIRC Petrino historically has pounded inferior teams, beaten teams consistently that he's on par with, and struggled to beat better teams. The rest of your post is irrelevant to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT