ADVERTISEMENT

If Padgett wins at Notre Dame

David Padgett has got us heading back in the right direction. I like this coach.
I like him too - how could you not but realistically, the team is headed in the same direction it was pointing towards before the fbi mess. Except now with a few more losses than they would have had and a lower ceiling due to an inexperienced HC.

Look at that jumper by Spaulding at the top of the key. Who do you think is helping Ray with that? If I’m a big man who wants some offensive moves, I would play for CDP.
Helping him how exactly? Padgett didn’t have that in his game.

If you don’t know how to beat a zone by sending a man to the foul line then you don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s called running the high post offense, which Padgett was a master.
Please tell me more Dr. Naismith. Seriously, that’s not what you said - you were talking about Padgett helping him with a facet of the game that he didn’t possess. Yes, Padgett was a really good passer out of the high post and yes, he had a hook shot - like every 7’ guy whose ever played basketball but if you’re really trying to credit him for a facet of the game that Spalding has been working on since he was a junior at Trinity, then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Perhaps he could teach the bigs how to block out?

I know this our first time head coach has won at FSU and now at ND. Something our HOF coach couldn’t do.

I’m for giving DP a two or three year contract because the NCAA will take that long to get anything complete. Then make a decision.

Reactions: American Male
Please tell me more Dr. Naismith. Seriously, that’s not what you said - you were talking about Padgett helping him with a facet of the game that he didn’t possess. Yes, Padgett was a really good passer out of the high post and yes, he had a hook shot - like every 7’ guy whose ever played basketball but if you’re really trying to credit him for a facet of the game that Spalding has been working on since he was a junior at Trinity, then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Perhaps he could teach the bigs how to block out?
Working on as a junior? He needs remedial training cause he forgot it his freshman and sophomore year.

I would say that Spaulding is doing a pretty good job of rebounding as well, wouldn’t you?

Working on as a junior? He needs remedial training cause he forgot it his freshman and sophomore year.

I would say that Spaulding is doing a pretty good job of rebounding as well, wouldn’t you?
Yes, as a skinny 6’10” kid he’s been working on being a stretch 4 since HS. He’s taken those shots in his freshman and sophomore year however it wasn’t as reliable and, on those teams he was not a primary offensive go to. If Padgett is due credit, it might be for giving Spalding the confidence to take the shot knowing that he wouldn’t get yanked if he missed.

Yes, Spalding is doing a nice job of rebounding.

You (if possible) diminish yourself with each successive failing post and only the act of self-banning from this board could restore what little pride you may have had when you started.

In other words, you should take a katana to your abdomen, Samurai style. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

when did DP insert Williams into the starting 5?
Hey hop,I think it was either the game after uk or the 2nd one after.CDP determined to not see both Mahmoud and Spalding on the bench together,so early in a game against that type competition.All things considered,their leadership was sorely missed in that vital 8 minute stretch to end the half against Ky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT