ADVERTISEMENT

I feel bad for Jawan Pass

LockdownCard

1500+
Nov 11, 2014
When it's his turn to take over there will be more pressure on him than any Louisville player ever. He will constantly be compared and stacked up against Lamar.

Maybe he will thrive on the pressure. That's what I hope.

When it's his turn to take over there will be more pressure on him than any Louisville player ever. He will constantly be compared and stacked up against Lamar.

Who knows? He could be better. I wasn't sure that we would ever see a better QB than Teddy at UofL and lo and behold, here comes LJ. I agree with Rocky though - the beauty of BP is his ability to put his players in positions to succeed at the highest level.

Who knows? He could be better. I wasn't sure that we would ever see a better QB than Teddy at UofL and lo and behold, here comes LJ. I agree with Rocky though - the beauty of BP is his ability to put his players in positions to succeed at the highest level.
I am with you on that. I never thought in a million years that we would get a QB anywhere as good as Teddy.

Do you think it's a possibility of adding a few more four star kid's to the 2017 class?

Reactions: wilkie01
LJ is a better runner than Teddy but not a better passer. I dont think its possible to say one is better overall than the other.

Actually if you are measuring overall game (running and passing), I believe you would have to give the edge to LJ. Also consider the fact that he still has another year at least to play. If he in fact wins the heisman, that in itself would put him head and shoulders above TB.

Matt Leinart followed Carson Palmer. You can have multiple great QB's in a short period of time. In fact, that's what I'm hoping for.

one benefit Pass will have is time to learn the system. LJ was put in on the first play of his first game his freshman year. Pass hopefully is red shirted and gets to watch for two years how to break down defenses and then adjust. if he gets two years to learn under booby with no pressure on him he may end up having a better chance of being a great qb

one benefit Pass will have is time to learn the system. LJ was put in on the first play of his first game his freshman year. Pass hopefully is red shirted and gets to watch for two years how to break down defenses and then adjust. if he gets two years to learn under booby with no pressure on him he may end up having a better chance of being a great qb
He said booby :D sorry but the inner child in me couldn't pass it up.

You youngsters need to relax and enjoy what we have right now.

Tomorrow may never come.

My two cents is, if we're down 4 to Bama with 2 minutes and 85 yards to go?

Give me Teddy today. Next year? Maybe not.

Imagine the numbers Teddy would of had if CBP was his coach when he was at Louisville. Pass will be fine, there sure was a lot of big schools after him and Alabama tried to flip him at the end but it didn't work. He will be another NFL quarterback from Louisville when all is said and done.

I'm right there with your thinking. I recall how people(many of whom were big sister fans) have been saying for years that Louisville got lucky with Brian Brohm, lucky with Teddy B, and now we're lucky to have Lamar. Jurich and the Louisville staff put themselves and the program in a position to get great players; luck has nothing to do with Louisville's success.

I think it's a good thing.These young guys are coming because of what has happened before.I have no doubt that they will embrace possible greatness at the collegiate level.

Back to back Heisman Trophy winning QBs at the Ville? Sounds good to me.

Agree with your statement about Bobby (and Grantham) putting guys in the right positions to succeed. Just take a look at the C-J piece today on former TE Jonathan Greenard tearing it up at outside LB this year for one example.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Back to back Heisman Trophy winning QBs at the Ville? Sounds good to me.

Agree with your statement about Bobby (and Grantham) putting guys in the right positions to succeed. Just take a look at the C-J piece today on former TE Jonathan Greenard tearing it up at outside LB this year for one example.
You're definitely right about Grantham as well - he's done a great job with the defense - particularly developing the depth - since he's been here.

On the other hand, "pressure" creates diamonds.

Sometimes you don't have to be better, but your skill set might complement the team better. Remember after Peyton Manning left Tennessee ,the guy the next year was nowhere near the talent Manning was, but they won the national championship him (Tee Martin ).

At least Pass will be able to ease into the starting role, I mean his first start will be against Alabama in Orlando in front of a national TV audience. No big deal.

J. Pass being redshirted is a blessing to him and to our staff. Hopefully, that continues this season. His upside is superb and CBP's coaching will make him an outstanding quarterback. I've been told that he really shines in practice and is being used as a scout team qb. That will teach him various options at the position.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

He has a better chance by not wasting a year of eligibility to develop. OP appears to be clueless. We are now a Top 10 program in a Power Conference , where most Freshmen will be red-shirted.

I hope he doesn't because that means something will have gone terribly wrong
That same thing is true for Pass IMO. Guys of their caliber don't even see themselves as four-year players, much less five. It's the reason I see the redshirt-or-not issue as inconsequential for good players.

Pass would be eligible to play here in 2020, fine. But don't plan for him being here...

That's the thing when you are becoming a big time program. Top notch players sign because they want to be the next Lamar Jackson.

That same thing is true for Pass IMO. Guys of their caliber don't even see themselves as four-year players, much less five. It's the reason I see the redshirt-or-not issue as inconsequential for good players.

Pass would be eligible to play here in 2020, fine. But don't plan for him being here...

I disagree, if two freshmen sign of near equal ability and one gets put on 2nd string!

I disagree, if two freshmen sign of near equal ability and one gets put on 2nd string!
Doesn't matter. You may FEEL good having one with an extra year of eligibility. But the kid doesn't plan to use it. And as knuckles said, there's a better chance that something is wrong if he does.

Trust me, when you get what looks like a great player, you don't want the kid here for five years by a longshot. You really want him good enough to leave after three...

http://www.campusrush.com/clemson-football-deshaun-watson-early-graduation-nfl-2068037757.html
Doesn't matter. You may FEEL good having one with an extra year of eligibility. But the kid doesn't plan to use it. And as knuckles said, there's a better chance that something is wrong if he does.

Trust me, when you get what looks like a great player, you don't want the kid here for five years by a longshot. You really want him good enough to leave after three...

Here is an article talking about guys gearing class-load to graduate in 3 years.

Reactions: SoulSr and zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT