ADVERTISEMENT

Grissom no longer Board Chair

Mary Nixon will assume the role of chairperson of the Board of Trustees. For any of you tinfoil hat folks, she is a grad of WKU.
Grissom still on the board. I am surprised Bevin didn’t replace him with Dan Issel. Was Mary Nixon a Bevin selection?

I'm not a big fan of Grissom, but I never saw any evidence that he wanted to destory the UofL athletic program. If that's what he wanted, he failed. This past season, I saw a #1 seed women's basketball program, a college world series baseball team, a softball team make the NCAA tourney for the first time in several years, and more. The flagship men's basketball program is on everyone's preseason top 10 list. And the recovery has begun from the football debacle that resulted from a questionable hire five years ago. Yes, good riddance to Grissom, but the issues that remain, especially the next round of NCAA sanctions, were not his fault.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of Grissom, but I never saw any evidence that he wanted to destory the UofL athletic program. If that's what he wanted, he failed. This past season, I saw a #1 seed women's basketball program, a college world series baseball team, a softball team make the NCAA tourney for the first time in several years, and more. The flagship men's basketball program is on everyone's preseason top 10 list. And the recovery has begun from the football debacle that resulted from a questionable hire five years ago. Yes, good riddance to Grissom, but the issues that remain, especially the next round of NCAA sanctions, were not his fault.
They love to scapegoat the blame for the past atrocities that took place. Sad!

They love to scapegoat the blame for the past atrocities that took place. Sad!

He was no friend of the academic side of the university neither, so there's no scapegoating at all. The damage he's done to all aspects of the university was/is significant, not too he still can't properly pronounce Neeli's name.

JP

Reactions: Law007
He was no friend of the academic side of the university neither, so there's no scapegoating at all. The damage he's done to all aspects of the university was/is significant, not too he still can't properly pronounce Neeli's name.

JP
Neeli is amazing, glad she was hired and replaced the crook in Jim Ramsey.

Neeli is amazing, glad she was hired and replaced the crook in Jim Ramsey.

Dr. Ramsey did do some things that were “over the top” but NONE of them were criminal. So you calling him a crook is stupid. That so called “crook” took UofL to heights never seen before in both academics and research. And he, along with Tom Jurich, solidified our position in college athletics with our inclusion in the ACC. Your comments are not only wrong, they are stupid.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Dr. Ramsey did do some things that were “over the top” but NONE of them were criminal. So you calling him a crook is stupid. That so called “crook” took UofL to heights never seen before in both academics and research. And he, along with Tom Jurich, solidified our position in college athletics with our inclusion in the ACC. Your comments are not only wrong, they are stupid.

His comments were not stupid. Ramsey did do some good things while president but the greatest thing he did was for himself. He used the UL foundation as his personal account. This is a major reason why donations dropped off substantially. And yes, I know that a small group of posters will cite the firing of Jurich as the reason for a drop off but actually, those that gave money to the university, not necessarily athletics, were made aware of the huge payouts to Ramsey, his secretary etc and backed off future giving.
There was a much needed house cleaning, in the university and the athletic department.. The university and athletic department are on a good path right now.

Reactions: UL_1986
His comments were not stupid. Ramsey did do some good things while president but the greatest thing he did was for himself. He used the UL foundation as his personal account. This is a major reason why donations dropped off substantially. And yes, I know that a small group of posters will cite the firing of Jurich as the reason for a drop off but actually, those that gave money to the university, not necessarily athletics, were made aware of the huge payouts to Ramsey, his secretary etc and backed off future giving.
There was a much needed house cleaning, in the university and the athletic department.. The university and athletic department are on a good path right now.
Exactly. Some of these “fans” can never accept the facts.

He is and will always be a crook. His misappropriation of University funds through the foundation were despicable and disgusting. Glad order is restored through President Bendapudi. She has brought integrity to my beloved University once again. Try and remove your head from your arse. You, Zippy, Zippy Junior, and Kozmas are all the same. Fake fans living in the past of nepotism and crookedness that tarnished our reputation as a program. Not accepting the present and future. Pathetic.

Reactions: sk73
Sk73 is a kittie
I am a UK fan but as most can tell ,I am also pulling for the current UL administration and basketball team. I was a staunch supporter of the pre Pitino UL teams. I was one of the few that was happy to see Pitino take the Boston job while he was coaching at UK. Every year his ego was put on full display by actively trying to get a pro job while, at the same time, preaching to the UK choir that he had no control over NBA teams and their desire to hire him. Ego run amok. After 2 or 3 years, I was totally pulling for him to leave. Heck of a good coach but sickening on so many levels. Some of you may feel the same way.
I was a big Denny Crum fan. Still am. I think Chris Mack will more than fill Pitinos shoes. I am excited about UL team this year.

I am a UK fan but as most can tell ,I am also pulling for the current UL administration and basketball team. I was a staunch supporter of the pre Pitino UL teams. I was one of the few that was happy to see Pitino take the Boston job while he was coaching at UK. Every year his ego was put on full display by actively trying to get a pro job while, at the same time, preaching to the UK choir that he had no control over NBA teams and their desire to hire him. Ego run amok. After 2 or 3 years, I was totally pulling for him to leave. Heck of a good coach but sickening on so many levels. Some of you may feel the same way.
I was a big Denny Crum fan. Still am. I think Chris Mack will more than fill Pitinos shoes. I am excited about UL team this year.
Look guys, a UK fan who wants U of L to succeed as much as we do...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
It’s hard to follow some threads when you have the idiots on ignore. Give ‘em hell gocds!

We are all entitled to our opinions. Yours and mine are correct. :p Fact: we are not in the ACC without this so called crook (along with Tom Jurich). Another fact: this so called crook will NOT spend one day in jail. These foolish people will not admit to either of those facts. But what they will do is to continue their foolish tirades against Dr. Ramsey (after the fact) and anyone that is willing to make these truthful comments. And, by the way, I am a big supporter of Dr. Neeli Bendapudi. And by the way why not ask her where UofL would be without the greatly improved ACT scores at UofL and the on campus housing facilities. You won’t because you’ll get an earful of compliments for Dr. Ramsey’s efforts on behalf of our beloved University of Louisville.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT