ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Heird has found a way

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
AD Josh Heird has found a way to increase attendance at the men’s basketball games. Since we are no longer a top program he is going to reduce the price of tickets.
The whole mindset of our program has changed since they hired KP. Some will be happy if we win 15 games this year and some will be happy if we don’t lose games by double digits. Others will be happy if we just have a winning season. Some will be happy if we can get an extra 2000 people attending games by lowering the price of our tickets. Even though by doing that we will still have 11000 fewer fans then we did before.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
Going to be alot of unhappy people then. We are not winning 15 games. We are losing the majority of games by double digits. Lowering prices won't bring more people, it will just reduce the money for a bye out.

Reactions: BPGhost
It doesn’t matter who the coach is attendance would be an issue. KP has compounded the problem with how he has decided to run the program. From his decision to avoid the local media, the handling of the press conferences, his genuine lack of respect of fans, and poor roster management. Those decisions wouldn’t matter if they actually were decent they aren’t now all that matters

Last edited:
AD Josh Heird has found a way to increase attendance at the men’s basketball games. Since we are no longer a top program he is going to reduce the price of tickets.
The whole mindset of our program has changed since they hired KP. Some will be happy if we win 15 games this year and some will be happy if we don’t lose games by double digits. Others will be happy if we just have a winning season. Some will be happy if we can get an extra 2000 people attending games by lowering the price of our tickets. Even though by doing that we will still have 11000 fewer fans then we did before.
Price does tend to follow demand.

U of L is posturing for another dismal financial report in a few months when the 2025 budget is presented. My instincts tell me 2024 will be the sixth year in the last seven in which they have reported a deficit.

It's interesting that they're out now pointing a finger at men's basketball. That suggests to me that they may be preparing for a showdown.

But it doesn't matter. These guys sucked at managing their finances before Payne arrived. As I said above, they'll try making him the scapegoat...

He for sure hasn't helped the situation in anyway..
Like you, I haven't believed it was gonna happen. But these guys coming out now to openly talk about bad finances suggests to me that they're preparing for a showdown with Payne and his supporters.

U of L's finances justify that. Indicates to me how bad the numbers may be getting.

The people in charge at U of L are responsible for most of the problems they have, financial and on the court. I think the "pain" is getting excessive...

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Like you, I haven't believed it was gonna happen. But these guys coming out now to openly talk about bad finances suggests to me that they're preparing for a showdown with Payne and his supporters.

U of L's finances justify that. Indicates to me how bad the numbers may be getting.

The people in charge at U of L are responsible for most of the problems they have, financial and on the court. I think the "pain" is getting excessive...
Sounds like you’ve covered both sides of it. Heads you win tails everyone else loses!

Sounds like you’ve covered both sides of it. Heads you win tails everyone else loses!
No one knows for sure, and I never said that. I've thought Payne was getting a third year unless he loses out. After yesterday's theatrics, I'm less sure about that although bad finances are gonna get even worse...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT