ADVERTISEMENT

Glad we didn't hire Brohm

It’s not “my” definition, it’s the definition.

con·tra·dic·tion
/ˌkäntrəˈdikSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.
But my remarks weren't in opposition by that definition, or in any unique way (compared to everyone else) by your definition...

Last edited:
We agree that "Vince" cannot be properly evaluated. And why is "reminding you" my job? Do I ask for "reminders"?

Wear your big boy pants like a big boy...
A nonsensical response. Please read and writing in English. Thank you.

But my remarks weren't in opposition by that definition, or in any unique way (compared to everyone else) by your definition...

You are constantly on here making remarks that would lead one to believe that the jury is already out on Tyra and that he is doing a bad job and he’s not fit for the position, then on the other hand when you are questioned about your remarks you’ll say “oh im just tired pf people slobbering over him we should give him time before propping him up.” .....How do you miss the contradiction?

This is the kinda garbage I mean on the flipside...

LINK

People are having fun with you because you are constantly running Vince’s name in the ground. I know because ive done it to you, all in good fun. You think people are wearing Vince Tyra T-shirts to games?

People are having fun with you because you are constantly running Vince’s name in the ground. I know because ive done it to you, all in good fun. You think people are wearing Vince Tyra T-shirts to games?
Well, then look at my remarks the same way... I'm having fun with you...
You are constantly on here making remarks that would lead one to believe that the jury is already out on Tyra and that he is doing a bad job and he’s not fit for the position, then on the other hand when you are questioned about your remarks you’ll say “oh im just tired pf people slobbering over him we should give him time before propping him up.” .....How do you miss the contradiction?
The contradiction is your taking issue with me while you're OK with "Vince, Vince, Vince". How do you miss that?...

The contradiction is your taking issue with me while you're OK with "Vince, Vince, Vince". How do you miss that?...

I would be fine with you ragging on Vince if he’d done anything to warrant your ire. I was fine with you being upset over his pics with Matt Jones, hell put that pic on the Cons list. Other than that pic, you have assumed and concocted reasons that you think prove Tyra is doing a bad job.

As far as me not havin a problem with the “Vince, Vince, Vince” guy, do i really have to explain why I’m ok with that? I’m pro UofL fan. I’m not one of those fans that turns on Cards radio wanting to hear someone dogging my team, I’d rather listen to John Ramsey. I’m more interested why you display so much anti-Vince sentiment. I’d bet a good amount of money that you believe Vince has disrespected you in some way...maybe he’s not returning your voice mails.

I would be fine with you ragging on Vince if he’d done anything to warrant your ire...

As far as me not havin a problem with the “Vince, Vince, Vince” guy, do i really have to explain why I’m ok with that? I’m pro UofL fan...
So you admit your bias, while it's not OK for me. Fascinating (not)...

I'm biased toward U of L as well. We must have different definitions...

We’re just using different forms of the word. E.g. I have an inclination toward UofL in a favorable light, where you have an inclination towards UofL in a negative light.

We’re just using different forms of the word. E.g. I have an inclination toward UofL in a favorable light, where you have an inclination towards UofL in a negative light.
No, that wasn't what I was talking about. I mean different definitions of "U of L".

Mine isn't synonymous with the new regime as yours is...

I hated it when Brohm turned us down, but now I’m more pumped for football than I would’ve been had he accepted the job. Satterfield has put together, arguably the best coaching staff we’ve had here. I guarantee that a few guys that chose somewhere else are going to regret it, some probably already are.

I hated it when Brohm turned us down, but now I’m more pumped for football than I would’ve been had he accepted the job...
We're just talking hypotheticals...

My guess is you and others would have been "pumped" had Brohm taken the job, not coached the bowl game, and watched Purdue get smoked in that game. THEN, watch the parade of Purdue transfers and commitment flips from Purdue, LPT, etc. There would be talk about 7-8 wins next year and not missing a beat.

I could envision a boatload of optimism...

My guess is you and others would have been "pumped" had Brohm taken the job, not coached the bowl game, and watched Purdue get smoked in that game. THEN, watch the parade of Purdue transfers and commitment flips from Purdue, LPT, etc. There would be talk about 7-8 wins next year and not missing a beat.

I admit it - I would have been very optimistic. I tend to be that way, though. I’m a fan, which is short for “fanatic”. As it is, we just have to wait and see the product in the field. But given what we had last year, it’s almost impossible not to be improved.

Hiring Brohm would have more than likely salvaged this class sooner considering we simply would have taken a bunch of Purdue recruits. I don't think there would have been that many transfers to here. Purdue would have blocked as many as they could. The biggest question for most of Satterfield was his recruiting. He did his best to make it an non-issue by hiring a bunch of assistants with strong recruiting backgrounds.

I like most of disappointed when Brohm left but Satterfield has done about all he could to make fans forget about Brohm. His staff is stacked with good assistants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT