ADVERTISEMENT

Glad we didn't hire Brohm

So this is what you do when you lose an argument, you create a straw man. This is the second time you’ve done this to me in this thread alone.

What did Vince do to you personally “Zipp” to make you hate him so much? The guy keeps making all the right moves and you just keep dogging him. Look man, i liked Jurich too, but he sealed his fate letting Pitino get away with an affair that embarrassed the univeristy, then he didn’t fire him when again one of Pitino’s coaches were treating our dorm rooms like the back rooms at the .25 peep shows. It’s not Vince’s fault that Jurich made the wrong call on Pitino, and Vince is doing his best here, what’s wrong with a little support?
What's the straw man? That "Vince" balked at spending an extra million when he was already committed to spending $20+ million? That's exactly on topic for this thread.

I'll back off on "Vince" when the cheerleaders like yourself stop leading cheers. STFU about "Vince". When you give the guy time to do the job BEFORE declaring success or victory, I'll be more patient too. But that's the problem... You want me to stop driving down YOUR street in the opposite direction. Not gonna happen...

Before any hiring was made and rumors were flying that Petrino was getting fired...Zipp was all about saying UofL shouldn't and can't afford to pay a lot for a coach. Now that Vince didn't land the first,. Zipp is all over it like fly on dog shit with a different agenda.

Same song different day
You’re assigning too much credit in this instance. Flies don’t have agendas - they’re too singular in their nature. They are always and only, about the shit.

No difference here.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
What's the straw man? That "Vince" balked at spending an extra million when he was already committed to spending $20+ million? That's exactly on topic for this thread.

I'll back off on "Vince" when the cheerleaders like yourself stop leading cheers. STFU about "Vince". When you give the guy time to do the job BEFORE declaring success or victory, I'll be more patient too. But that's the problem... You want me to stop driving down YOUR street in the opposite direction. Not gonna happen...

“Zipp,” the straw man is that you are acting like if Vince threw an extra million at Brohm he would have got him. That’s not what happened, he wasn’t gonna get him unless he threw quite a few more million PER YEAR and over the life of the contract to get him. If you followed the process Vince said that he gave him a great offer, Purdue was the one who took it to a top ten deal. You thinking that Vince should have offered more is the only idiotic thing we are discussing right now.

You can keep making yourself look like an idiot all you want when it comes to Vince. I, and plenty others on this board, have been on your case about giving the guy time. Regardless of what you think, he’s done a good job up to this point, so you’re the one that needs to STFU when it comes to Vince. And now, for the third time, you’ve misrepresented me once again by saying I’m a cheerleader for him. I’m calling like it is, the guy has showed poise up to this point.

Last edited:
“Zipp,” the straw man is that you are acting like if Vince threw an extra million at Brohm he would have got him. That’s not what happened, he wasn’t gonna get him unless he threw quite a few more million PER YEAR and over the life of the contract to get him. If you followed the process Vince said that he gave him a great offer, Purdue was the one who took it to a top ten deal. You thinking that Vince should have offered more is the only idiotic thing we are discussing right now...
Well, I guess we'll never know what another million would have accomplished, will we? Maybe a good AD would have known that before getting caught with his pants down. Or maybe all it would have taken is an experienced AD. What's "idiotic" is driving on a 100-mile trip and stopping after 99 miles.
...You can keep making yourself look like an idiot all you want when it comes to Vince. I, and plenty others on this board, have been on your case about giving the guy time. Regardless of what you think, he’s done a good job up to this point, so you’re the one that needs to STFU when it comes to Vince. And now, for the third time, you’ve misrepresented me once again by saying I’m a cheerleader for him. I’m calling like it is, the guy has showed poise up to this point.
You can't say you're waiting ("giving him time") while already making conclusions ("doing a good job"). You're not waiting at all. Have you said he's done anything poorly and what is that? Prove to me you're waiting by giving us a pro-con list for "Vince". Unlikely but maybe I can give your POV a little more credibility...

Well, I guess we'll never know what another million would have accomplished, will we? Maybe a good AD would have known that before getting caught with his pants down. Or maybe all it would have taken is an experienced AD. What's "idiotic" is driving on a 100-mile trip and stopping after 99 miles.

Man, you seriously lack reading comprehension. Again, you’re misrepresenting how much more Vince would have actually had to give Brohm to get him, you nor anyone else knows the answer to that , yet here you are still making things up and passing them off as fact. For the last time, Vince showed poise and a great ability to read his interviewee during the Brohm interview, he knew he wasnt coming regardless what the offer was.

You can't say you're waiting ("giving him time") while already making conclusions ("doing a good job"). You're not waiting at all. Have you said he's done anything poorly and what is that? Prove to me you're waiting by giving us a pro-con list for "Vince". Unlikely but maybe I can give your POV a little more credibility...

Actually i can say that I’m giving him time, yet say up to this point he’s doing a good job, they are not contradictions. A contradiction would have been for me to say on one hand, “Vince is doing a good job,” yet on the other say “Vince is doing a poor job.”

In the end, you can take you’re pro-con list and shove it “Zipp”. For the last two days you’ve been talking past me. On the few things that you have directly addressed you’ve displayed a serious lack of comprehending what i’m actually debating, so i’m done with you son. Ive really tried to help you with your problems with Mr. Tyra, but for, and i’m assuming, personal reasons he’s slighted or disrespected you in some way that is irreparable, so you just have an ax to grind with him. Good luck with that.

Man, you seriously lack reading comprehension. Again, you’re misrepresenting how much more Vince would have actually had to give Brohm to get him, you nor anyone else knows the answer to that , yet here you are still making things up and passing them off as fact. For the last time, Vince showed poise and a great ability to read his interviewee during the Brohm interview, he knew he wasnt coming regardless what the offer was...
Find me one piece of evidence showing that Purdue offered Brohm a vast sum over what "Vince" offered. You're willing to assume it's significantly more money or that the mountain was insurmountable in order to give "Vince" a mulligan. Sorry, no mulligans when you decided to play one hole on the golf course.
...Actually i can say that I’m giving him time, yet say up to this point he’s doing a good job, they are not contradictions. A contradiction would have been for me to say on one hand, “Vince is doing a good job,” yet on the other say “Vince is doing a poor job...”
Your example is trivial and insufficient. As another example, it's a contradiction to say you're waiting to draw a conclusion, then drawing a conclusion. Can't help it if you don't understand that.
...In the end, you can take you’re pro-con list and shove it “Zipp”. For the last two days you’ve been talking past me. On the few things that you have directly addressed you’ve displayed a serious lack of comprehending what i’m actually debating, so i’m done with you son. Ive really tried to help you with your problems with Mr. Tyra, but for, and i’m assuming, personal reasons he’s slighted or disrespected you in some way that is irreparable, so you just have an ax to grind with him. Good luck with that.
As expected, I'll take that to mean you don't want do a pro-con analysis. No one's forcing you to reply to my posts, and I couldn't care less how you feel about me or them. I just like talking about your AD, and that's not changing. Something new every week...

Last edited:
Its easy to rip us as a fan base for how most of us are talking about CSS and the staff because of how sure and how "set" we all were on Brohm. I see our rivals and other fans sort of mocking the glowing response that CSS and all of his staff hires have received and it does make me a little angry because you can miss out on your first choice and still hit a home run.

The Satterfield hire has went great so far. His staff hires have went great so far. Brown, Ledford and Ponce are massive gets and if rivals or other fans don't understand why those guys are important and impactfull hires then thats on them. Brown is regarded as one of the best young coaches in the country and Ledford is one of the best OLine coaches in football. Ponce is a well respected, well liked Florida man.

I just think as Louisville fans we're allowed to be excited and brag on the current staff without it being viewed as just us trying to make the best of it or us forcing ourselves to like this non-Brohm coaching staff. This staff won't have the "guy" at the top the way it would if Jeff had came...but from top to bottom you probably won't convince me that our current staff is better than any staff Jeff would have brought here.

I was all-in on Brohm and I still think Jeff will do fine at Purdue. Will he "earn" the salary that Purdue is paying him? I doubt it because I don't see Purdue ever being a major factor in the Big 10 nor do I see Jeff staying there very much longer but part of me (and it may be sour grapes) is glad that he turned UL down. As I said, I think the whole machine of Louisville is in a better place with CSS and his staff than we would be with Jeff and his staff. I think the sum of CSS parts will be greater than breaking the bank to have "the" guy at the top but weaker parts everywhere else.

“Zipp,” the straw man is that you are acting like if Vince threw an extra million at Brohm he would have got him. That’s not what happened, he wasn’t gonna get him unless he threw quite a few more million PER YEAR and over the life of the contract to get him. If you followed the process Vince said that he gave him a great offer, Purdue was the one who took it to a top ten deal.

The $5MM VT offered Brohm was already crazy. $6MM that Purdue will pay for Brohm is more crazy. Again, that's Dabo money, which means by year 3 of this new contract Purdue needs to be straight-up competing for the CFP. If that works out, then great for Purdue, but I have my doubts.

Speaking of absolutely nuts - Houston paying $5MM/year to Dana Holgorsen for 4 years ($20MM total) is absolutely nuts.

The $5MM VT offered Brohm was already crazy. $6MM that Purdue will pay for Brohm is more crazy. Again, that's Dabo money, which means by year 3 of this new contract Purdue needs to be straight-up competing for the CFP. If that works out, then great for Purdue, but I have my doubts.

Speaking of absolutely nuts - Houston paying $5MM/year to Dana Holgorsen for 4 years ($20MM total) is absolutely nuts.

I agree, pretty dumb for Jeff to get those kind of offers. I get Vince wanting to hire Brohm, but I’m really glad he didn’t try to outbid Purdue for him after their offer.

As far as Holgerson I agree too. What the hell has he done to get that kind of money? On top of that, I just don’t see the value in regards to Houston paying someone that much since they are outside the p5, especially Holgerson, who really hasn’t done much to deserve it.

I agree, pretty dumb for Jeff to get those kind of offers. I get Vince wanting to hire Brohm, but I’m really glad he didn’t try to outbid Purdue for him after their offer.

As far as Holgerson I agree too. What the hell has he done to get that kind of money? On top of that, I just don’t see the value in regards to Houston paying someone that much since they are outside the p5, especially Holgerson, who really hasn’t done much to deserve it.

I have not done any research on this, so I don't know - but I assume that the buyout that comes with a $6MM per year contract is astronomical. I wanted Jeff, almost all of us wanted him. But he's unproven at this point to be worth $6MM (again, he may prove he is, and if he does, then again great for Purdue). And what if it hadn't worked out....how do you move on with a buyout tied to $6MM/year? It would have been gambling, a lot, on JB being the savior of Louisville football.

"Vince" didn't handicap the Brohm sweepstakes properly. He either didn't know how much money it was gonna take, or he was unwilling to pay it. If the latter, he should have never even taken the process as far as he did.

He screwed up, and it doesn't matter--in hindsight--how much money he saved, how badly Brohm does going forward, and/or how well Satterfield does. If any of those things happen as a result, it was just dumb luck for a guy with egg on his face...

"Vince" didn't handicap the Brohm sweepstakes properly. He either didn't know how much money it was gonna take, or he was unwilling to pay it. If the latter, he should have never even taken the process as far as he did.

He screwed up, and it doesn't matter--in hindsight--how much money he saved, how badly Brohm does going forward, and/or how well Satterfield does. If any of those things happen as a result, it was just dumb luck for a guy with egg on his face...

Come on, man. You gotta let the process play out if you are the AD and Jeff Brohm is being screamed from every corner. $5MM is still nuts, though.

Come on, man. You gotta let the process play out if you are the AD and Jeff Brohm is being screamed from every corner. $5MM is still nuts, though.
I wouldn't have paid $24 million to sack Petrino and get to the point of deciding whether to spend an extra million on Brohm. My analogy is if I've driven 99 miles to get to my destination, I'd need my head examined for not driving the last mile. That's my point.

And if the amusement park was closed anyway, that fact was irrelevant to the decision-making process that got me within a mile of it. The decision was made, and there is no process at this point. How well or poorly these coaches do going forward doesn't matter. Satterfield wasn't consciously chosen by "Vince" because he's thought to be the better coach. The only thing we know for sure is Satterfield's cheaper (which seems to be a theme nowadays with coaches)...

Last edited:

Thats not really true though. Tyra as all ADs will be judged on the final results. If Satterfield is successful nobody except you will care about the Brohm situation. Firing Petrino and hiring a new coach are 2 different things. Whether we knew we had Brohm or not Petrino needed to go. If we waited another 2 years we'd still pay 14 mil and we'd be a bottom dweller Acc team. I'd hate to see what attendance was after more years of 2 win seasons.

We don't know what Purdue was willing to pay be we do know that they were willing to up Brohm's salary to keep him considering what they immediately paid to keep him. Paying Brohm more than the 6 mil that Purdue was willing to pay did start to reach into crazy territory.

I agree with you that we will see some drop in attendance from what Brohm would have brought to Satterfield initially but more fans don't really care who the head coach is as long as they win. If Satterfield starts getting us to 9-10 win seasons, you won't have fans holding out because his name isn't Brohm.

Thats not really true though. Tyra as all ADs will be judged on the final results. If Satterfield is successful nobody except you will care about the Brohm situation. Firing Petrino and hiring a new coach are 2 different things. Whether we knew we had Brohm or not Petrino needed to go. If we waited another 2 years we'd still pay 14 mil and we'd be a bottom dweller Acc team. I'd hate to see what attendance was after more years of 2 win seasons.

We don't know what Purdue was willing to pay be we do know that they were willing to up Brohm's salary to keep him considering what they immediately paid to keep him. Paying Brohm more than the 6 mil that Purdue was willing to pay did start to reach into crazy territory.

I agree with you that we will see some drop in attendance from what Brohm would have brought to Satterfield initially but more fans don't really care who the head coach is as long as they win. If Satterfield starts getting us to 9-10 win seasons, you won't have fans holding out because his name isn't Brohm.
And there's going to be a shorter leash on Satterfield--and "Vince". He's cheaper and will be seen as the discounted version of a quality head coach. If instead of 9-10 wins he goes 4-5 wins, you'll hear almost immediate commentary from fans about our Big Lots AD...

And there's going to be a shorter leash on Satterfield--and "Vince". He's cheaper and will be seen as the discounted version of a quality head coach. If instead of 9-10 wins he goes 4-5 wins, you'll hear almost immediate commentary from fans about our Big Lots AD...

His leash will be shorter but if he gets 4-5 wins next year I think he gets a pass somewhat as long as the teams performs better than they did this past season. The worst part of this year was that we weren't even competitive in all but 1 on of our losses. 5 wins and a few close losses next year will show improvement to most people. Throw in a good recruiting class next year and you give the fanbase something to believe in and Satterfield will be fine. If he wins 2 games and gets blown out like Petrino did I agree that a lot of people will be complaining but if we had gotten Brohm and he did the same a large contingent of the fans would be complaining about the 6 mil or more we paid him for 2 wins.

Either way the coach will get 3 years to show something. It comes down to wins no matter who the hire was. If you are spending money on Brohm to placate the fans in case he fails that is short-term thinking and the type that would eventually get the AD fired anyhow.

Blah, blah, blah...

Reactions: Art79
I don't personally have an issue with 4-5 wins. It's an improvement. I'm predicting what FANBASE reaction will be. People overwhelmingly supported Brohm, and he would have a free pass for a longer period of time.

And that's why you recruited him...fanbase support. Paid attendance next year will be down significantly from this year unless Satterfield does the unthinkable and upsets ND...

I don't personally have an issue with 4-5 wins. It's an improvement. I'm predicting what FANBASE reaction will be. People overwhelmingly supported Brohm, and he would have a free pass for a longer period of time.

And that's why you recruited him...fanbase support. Paid attendance next year will be down significantly from this year unless Satterfield does the unthinkable and upsets ND...

Brohm would have a free pass for longer but I also don't think that fans are going to just leave for good if the team shows improvement to 5 wins and then keeps on improving after that. Unless you think that Satterfield will be a failure it doesn't matter how long his leash is.

Why do you care about fan support? You wanted to keep Petrino despite that being the one option that nearly all the fans were united against. I'm not saying ignore the fans but hiring a coach simply because he will get a longer leash if he fails is short-term thinking. Why are you hiring a coach for 1 rough season. Just because the fans supported Brohm at first doesn't mean that the majority are going to be so childish that if Satterfield shows improvement they are still going to complain cause he isn't Brohm. As it will with Mack, winning will eventually cure all.

Brohm would have a free pass for longer but I also don't think that fans are going to just leave for good if the team shows improvement to 5 wins and then keeps on improving after that. Unless you think that Satterfield will be a failure it doesn't matter how long his leash is.

Why do you care about fan support? You wanted to keep Petrino despite that being the one option that nearly all the fans were united against. I'm not saying ignore the fans but hiring a coach simply because he will get a longer leash if he fails is short-term thinking. Why are you hiring a coach for 1 rough season. Just because the fans supported Brohm at first doesn't mean that the majority are going to be so childish that if Satterfield shows improvement they are still going to complain cause he isn't Brohm. As it will with Mack, winning will eventually cure all.
If you could have chucked Petrino for $0, it would be the obvious decision. It was the other extreme--you had to push your athletic department closer to illiquidity (not enough cash to pay bills).

Our experience with Mack is already showing apparently that fan support for a coach ain't enough. He hasn't done a poor job, but paid attendance is down another 11% this year after declining close to 20% last year. I also don't think Satterfield has anywhere close to the support that Mack does/did preseason.

Gonna be interesting...

If you could have chucked Petrino for $0, it would be the obvious decision. It was the other extreme--you had to push your athletic department closer to illiquidity (not enough cash to pay bills).

Our experience with Mack is already showing apparently that fan support for a coach ain't enough. He hasn't done a poor job, but paid attendance is down another 11% this year after declining close to 20% last year. I also don't think Satterfield has anywhere close to the support that Mack does/did preseason.

Gonna be interesting...

What should have Tyra done? Is keeping Petrino and continuing the downward tresd of the program really the answer? I just cant see repeating last year a couple of more times as being a good move.

Mack is going pretty good all things considered but this is still not a great season compared to the norm. Paid attendance is down at more than just Louisville games and we have not seen what the new tax laws do to all college athletics attendance. Even saying that, if Mack gets us back to being a tourney threat attendance will pick back up. Time and winning will eventually cure all.

Gonna be interesting...
Attendance is an issue nationally when you add in the Louisville issues then the drop in attendance is understandable but concerning. The one thing the market is telling University's their pricing is off. College basketball is not doing well nationally and even football is becoming a regional sport viewing ship wise.

Winning matters as well as hope that your team can compete for titles. You don't have either one of those good luck attendance will continue to decline.

I for one am renewing my 4 tickets and am looking forward to watching CSS rebuild our program.
6 tickets here.

I realize I'm not allowed to make predictions yet ;), but a JLS/Charlie type turnaround would be very nice.

I will be happy to see some closer games, and a little defense.

Attendance is an issue nationally when you add in the Louisville issues then the drop in attendance is understandable but concerning. The one thing the market is telling University's their pricing is off. College basketball is not doing well nationally and even football is becoming a regional sport viewing ship wise.

Winning matters as well as hope that your team can compete for titles. You don't have either one of those good luck attendance will continue to decline.
I hear the stuff about national trends, but it doesn't explain a significant part of U of L's problems. This is mostly home grown, and it won't be fixed until people here acknowledge that.

"Vince" thinks he's gonna save and analyze his way back to success...not happening. He now runs a non-profit; he's not supposed to make profit. He's supposed to GENERATE revenue.

One reason I understand what's between his ears--besides air--is because "Vince" and I are more alike than different. We're both analytical and data oriented, but the difference is I know what I'm good at. I didn't chuck what I know or knew how to do to go off in a completely different direction in life.

"Vince" is in over his head in, what was at least one time, a top shelf AD job. He's now trying to manage it like he's done everything else. In the end, that will mean manage it SMALLER. It's already started...

The main concern with Brohm is his offense is a finesse/passing offense in a division that is polar opposite with multiple teams that play physical run base systems along with solid defenses. You have to be able to run the ball in that division. Purdue last year was 103rd in rushing offense....Louisville was 102nd ouch. The other problem with Brohm is his teams defensively have been just OK and bad at times.

I am convinced you have to be able to run the ball and play good defense to compete at the highest level. The only odd ball in the playoffs is Oklahoma. FYI I bet they get absolutely destroyed by Alabama. The other 3 are physical run based teams with great defenses.

Brohm may regret not coming to Louisville. The West is getting better in a hurry. Minnesota was extremely young and looked terrific in the 2nd half of the year. Frost will get Nebraksa back. The west has 5 teams that are identical physical, well coached, and disciplined teams. They will all beat up on each other.

Louisville may have gotten the better coach. His system mirrors what the elite teams do, run the ball and play solid defense. I really thought that is what Petrino was going to bring when he came back. The Jackson offense was run based but not in the physical way the Lefors team was with Bush/Shelton/Gates/Smith. It was more finesse. I still don't understand why his offensive lines weren't more physical. Still confused on what happened. Satterfield looks like Petrino 1st go around.

Joe Tiller did pretty well with mainly a passing attack. Not sure why Brohm being mostly a passing offense kind of guy could be looked at negatively.

That's the point. He took over a sagging wreck of a bottom feeder in the Big 10 that has been and will always be a B1G bottom feeder in my lifetime, yet all the low class idiotic Purdoo fans who came over here to gloat as if they're on par with Alabama was enough to change my mind about how I hope things turn out for him there. He gets to stick it to them for a ridiculous salary, makes a lot of money then gets to move on to a real coaching job while the Purdoo fans get to whine about how great they could have been.

that wasn't close to what happened. Purdue never has been and never will be on the level of Alabama. They can be on the level of a MSU/Iowa/Wisconsin though.

If you really take a step back and take away the hometown boy title.....Brohm hasn't done much if anything in his career "yet". He may or may not, but 6 mil a year is a gamble and after last Friday....I am really glad we didn't. He looks like Petrino light. If he came here and had to be fired at some point, it would have been an akward situation. He can stay at Purdue and go 6-7 every year and they will be happy. Not here

Before any hiring was made and rumors were flying that Petrino was getting fired...Zipp was all about saying UofL shouldn't and can't afford to pay a lot for a coach. Now that Vince didn't land the first,. Zipp is all over it like fly on dog shit with a different agenda.

Same song different day

Hasn't done much of anything yet? Yikes. I guess winning 30+ games at WKU and bringing Purdue back from the dead in only 2 years doesn't count for anything.

Not true at all. After another year or two, more wins will be expected. Fans won't be happy with that since he was able to accomplish that in the first two years with overall terrible rosters.

"Filled" and "empty" are extremes. I said 10,000 seats.

But you're saying that an overwhelming majority of fans didn't want Brohm over another football coach? And that there's so much support for "Vince" that it didn't matter which coach he hired?

Nobody's winning big here right away. But "Vince" needs to balance his budget right away...
“Those” seats are the 10,000 you refer to. I think it’s correct that the overwhelming majority wanted Brohm. But whether it’s Brohm or Satt, we are in the same place today - facing an unknown.

If that’s the case, you need only remind us that Vince NQ cannot yet be properly assessed. I certainly agree with that. But attacking the guy and running down everything he says and does isn’t the way to communicate that POV.

If that’s the case, you need only remind us that Vince NQ cannot yet be properly assessed. I certainly agree with that. But attacking the guy and running down everything he says and does isn’t the way to communicate that POV.

“Zipp” is oblivious to his own contradictions Bean.

Reactions: Art79
We agree that "Vince" cannot be properly evaluated. And why is "reminding you" my job? Do I ask for "reminders"?

Wear your big boy pants like a big boy...

He didn't allege any "contradictions". You're reading what you wanna read...

Okay well ill read into it then. If you’re gonna keep harping on “waiting to assess” Tyra’s work, then wait. You’re constantly on here dogging him. You can’t on the one hand say “well let’s wait to assess his work before we applaud his work” and then on the other hand come on here and compare him to TJ constantly...that’s a contradiction “Zipp”, no matter how you spin it. TJ had 20 years to prove himself, at least give Tyra a few.

FWIW, beantown did allege a contradiction. See above.

Okay well ill read into it then. If you’re gonna keep harping on “waiting to assess” Tyra’s work, then wait. You’re constantly on here dogging him. You can’t on the one hand say “well let’s wait to assess his work before we applaud his work” and then on the other hand come on here and compare him to TJ constantly...that’s a contradiction “Zipp”, no matter how you spin it. TJ had 20 years to prove himself, at least give Tyra a few.

FWIW, beantown did allege a contradiction. See above.
beano suggested I remind him to wait. That's not a contradiction except that you don't understand the meaning of "contradiction".

It takes less than 24 hours for me to be away to return and find more "Vince" eulogies. When I don't see those, I don't have as much to say about him. But not having much to say is never an issue--guys like you can't stop slobbering over him.

Let's stop it both ways and see how it goes?...

beano suggested I remind him to wait. That's not a contradiction except that you don't understand the meaning of "contradiction".

It takes less than 24 hours for me to be away to return and find more "Vince" eulogies. When I don't see those, I don't have as much to say about him. But not having much to say is never an issue--guys like you can't stop slobbering over him.

Let's stop it both ways and see how it goes?...

It was a contradiction in the fact that you are so ready to ridicule him on one hand, but on the other say you’ll give him time.

As far as Vince goes, I only hope he does his job good just because I’m a UofL fan, and other than the pic he took with Matt Jones, I really don’t see a deficiency in his work yet. Regarding your accusation that I “slobber” over him, well, I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

It was a contradiction in the fact that you are so ready to ridicule him on one hand, but on the other say you’ll give him time...
If that's your definition, then everyone here is a "contradiction". You simply don't like it when it cuts one direction...

If that's your definition, then everyone here is a "contradiction". You simply don't like it when it cuts one direction...

It’s not “my” definition, it’s the definition.

con·tra·dic·tion
/ˌkäntrəˈdikSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT