ADVERTISEMENT

Florida St

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Love to see Gongora have his electric stuff and give us the best shot at going up 1-0 in this Thursday-Saturday series.

High time to get this monkey off our backs and take an ACC series.

Go Cards!!

Should be an interesting game 1 matchup. Gongora (3-1) 4.78 era, 39 k's/12 BBs vs Leiter (4-1) 4.91 era 44 k's/19 BBs. Al Leiter's nephew.

Webster has pitched very well in 2 of the 3 ACC series he's pitched in. The offense in both of games did not help him and I'm sure we kicked it around a little on defense too.
I feel as good about Friday as any day. We've got to go get one of the other two,today or Saturday.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Another tough road test. Winning the series would do wonders. Getting swept would be very bad.

Good God what are we swinging at? Balls a foot inside and watching strikes.

Leiter throws alot harder than his dear old dad. He's got nasty secondary pitches and as I'm typing Humphrey goes yard

Reactions: earsky
Bases loaded and no outs. Two pathetic strike outs and a ground out. Sad.

Game 2. Beard has been playing really well. EKj swings without purpose; I mean, he just swings the bat the same on every pitch; many of which are not strikes.
Webster looks good so far.

Last night…17 strike outs is totally unacceptable. Zion, Kilen and McCoy 3 each. None of them would be on the field today for me.

Zion with a nice, hard hit ball and he stretches it to a double. Gotta give the kid credit - he is aggressive. Last inning EKj makes up for some lousy batting and throws a laser to home plate to nail the fsu runner for the 3d out of the inning.

Now I’m mad at EKj again because he just doesn’t know how to choke up and shorten his swing with two strikes. Same full swing (and miss).

Reactions: BPGhost
I missed first 3 but Webster went 6.
He's pitching well.
I thought this one was maybe our best chance of the weekend going in. A real shot to get a series tomorrow.

Nice win. I swear the years of my life are shed every time UofL tries to close things out in the ninth. Let’s go get this series tomorrow. It would be massive.

Reactions: Deeva
Webster was Very, very good and Biven was pretty darn good too.

Webster is very important if the cards are gonna do anything. They times I've seen him he loses control of his pitches too soon and then it's either fastballs down the middle or walks

Not sure what's up with Gongora but if he can get it going again,that's a pretty good one-two punch.

Still wish we had a strong Sat guy. I love Webster but I still think he probably more of a Sunday starter or more-often used middle relief guy. They mentioned a horrible stat last night - 8 consecutive ACC series losses. Yikes. At least they are not getting swept; but still, not good.

Idk, Webbie looks like our most consistent pitcher. Interesting to see Mac visit the mound on Thursday with his hand covering his mouth after the miscue at first base,then shoo away the infield as he probably told Gongora to get his head out of his ass.
It didn't have the effect that was intended.

Nice to beat FSU in Tallahassee. Hate to look back, but the strikeouts on Thursday were so inexcusable, particularly the two with bases loaded and nobody out.

Sean Moth was beside himself; I just turned the radio off, but poor Sean did not have that option.

Reactions: Bardman
Williams and Mac must have trust in Riley. I just hope be can get thru 3-4 innings without much damage. Our batters just are not showing plate discipline once again. Let’s go!!

If Kilen is out he should be benched for not sliding into home.

Must say I like Klein at 1B; not a fan of his arm behind the plate. His bat is certainly steady.

Reactions: UofLouisville
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT