ADVERTISEMENT

Early rust or lack of focus?

Because 144 yards rushing by a QB is something to not pay attention to!
That's ridiculous. Jackson still had over 300 yards and 2 TD'S. That last drive he broke tackle after tackle. He has been so awesome this year everyone now expects 500 yards of offense and 6 TD'S every game. He Heisman chances did not take a hit tonight.

Reactions: beasleythecard
You guys think the defense was the problem?
No, not at all. It was the offense. If we had jumped out to a 28-7 lead Duke would have abandoned its ball control offense. The defense did well in the first half but that second half they were on the field most of it. We saw what happened at the end when Duke had to pass. I don't think we will see NC State try this kind of offense next week. I was worried a little about NC State but this game got the Cards attention and I think we will be much better next week.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Give Duke credit though.They played the game the only way they had a chance to win.Stifle Jackson,defend in the secondary and control the ball.They got close.I'm happy we won.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Great game experience for our team. Now our guys have an example of how an overmatched team will try to control the game to keep it close.

Cutcliffe is an underrated coach. Maybe way underrated.

And I love reading these threads after I get home from a game...

Great game experience for our team. Now our guys have an example of how an overmatched team will try to control the game to keep it close.

Cutcliffe is an underrated coach. Maybe way underrated.

And I love reading these threads after I get home from a game...

Amen zippster, amen. Cutcliffe is very good at game planning and coaching kids up.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The first screen Duke ran, which went for like 60 yards, was a perfect play call by Cutcliffe. We blitzed both a safety and a corner from that side, so they basically had 2 on 1 for 1/4th of the field. That play alone caused us to basically abandon any creative blitzing which is a cornerstone of Granthams defensive philosophy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT