ADVERTISEMENT

Early rust or lack of focus?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Well, looks like the guys are messing around and not really focused. The defense on that first drive didn't look fired up like they just expected to keep Duke from moving the ball. Then Jackson was a bit too casual on that 3rd down play. He should have thrown the ball earlier. Maybe it's rust but hopefully the guys get more focused because Duke's game plan is to keep the Cards offense off the field.

He would have a more productive game if he included more people right now we are to predictable.

Reactions: Deeva
Jackson is a bit rusty tonight. He needs to hand the ball off to Radcliff on those zone reads. Make Duke adjust to Radcliff and that will open up the run for Jackson. I'm sure Petrino is telling him this.

Bobby is being out coached in this 1st half. Duke's game plan is to keep the Cards offense off the field as much as possible. Bobby needs to scrap the zone read and start passing the ball down the field like he did against Marshall. As long as the game is close, Duke is going to keep holding the ball on offense. By not knowing this at the start of the game Petrino has been out coached. I bet we see Hikitini more in the 2nd half.

So far this year CBP has done a good job making adjustments at halftime. To me our adjustments should be easy and that is include more players. Radcliffe and Hikutini hardly touched the ball and they are key players to our success.

It's only halftime but LJ hasn't made the right reads, whether Duke is really good at disguising it. Duke is counting on him keeping the ball the majority of the time or hanging onto it too long. Go Cards!

whether Duke is really good at disguising it. Duke is counting on him keeping the ball the majority of the time or hanging onto it too long. Go Cards!
Gonna be tough going forward for Jackson to get anything early.Like somebody said,he'll get his if he shares it.Gotta share it early.

Well, looks like the guys are messing around and not really focused. The defense on that first drive didn't look fired up like they just expected to keep Duke from moving the ball. Then Jackson was a bit too casual on that 3rd down play. He should have thrown the ball earlier. Maybe it's rust but hopefully the guys get more focused because Duke's game plan is to keep the Cards offense off the field.
bad play calling 6 yards a carry but we seem to refuse to desire to play power football.

That was a makeup call for sure. There was no block in the back on the punt return. Looks like Duke's offensive scheme is just like Marshall's was. The difference is the Cards were rolling on offense that night and for some reason they are sluggish tonight.

this crap show is a product of people believing the playoff hype.

fans talking on shows and spewing all of the snobbish , elitist garbage.

tonight is a big slice of humble pie.

We have been in the red zone 3 times tonight and have not scored. All 3 times we didn't score was our fault let's hope we get there again and finalize it.

I have to give Cutcliffe credit for good game plan I just wonder how many other teams will use it.

I have to give Cutcliffe credit for good game plan I just wonder how many other teams will use it.
Like i said earlier.They all will.Stop Jackson.If he won't make the read right,help him out with different plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT