ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing Attendance

CardsBigEast

New Poster, Show Me Love
Aug 2, 2006
Not many in their seats less than 1 hour before kickoff very disappointing! Looks terrible on TV

Vintage-Russ-UK-Bedtime-Plastic-Troll.jpg

Reactions: beasleythecard
Thought that the OP had to be making some sort of joke. Sad that he/she was serious. Who the heck posts that type of garbage? Premature AND incorrect. The exacta of being wrong.

Kirk Herbstreit was raving about the fans and the atmosphere before kickoff. He said that you just don't normally see that for Noon kickoffs.

I think Herbie has become a fan of our Athletic Department and city over the last couple of years.
His comments about soccer and women's field hockey (among others) while they were filling time late in the game pretty much remove any doubt.

Sorry guys but OP is correct. The intention was to fill the stadium early and it wasn't. That is what the post was about. I think the rain was a factor early. As full as I have ever seen a game, but not at 11

Not many in their seats less than 1 hour before kickoff very disappointing! Looks terrible on TV

Sorry guys but OP is correct. The intention was to fill the stadium early and it wasn't. That is what the post was about. I think the rain was a factor early. As full as I have ever seen a game, but not at 11

image_zps4dfxefmb.jpeg

Name me one program that fills their stadium an hour before a game. I was at Clemson two years ago and there were very few people there an hour before kickoff. The intent was to have everyone inside well before kickoff. That happened. The place was packed when Corso put on the bird head.

Kirk Herbstreit was raving about the fans and the atmosphere before kickoff. He said that you just don't normally see that for Noon kickoffs.

I think Herbie has become a fan of our Athletic Department and city over the last couple of years.

Big Fan us now!! ESPN loves this team and University. Yes Herbie, did have to come around but he is a fan of us!!

Those ESPN guys looked pretty happy for Corso yesterday. He played it up as a big time experience for him personally. Should have endeared a couple of them, and it was really cool to be part of that...

Didn't say I was disappointed as the OP was, but UL clearly wanted people in the stadium early since Gameday was moving there at 11, hence the cheap beers. Not a big deal, but the OP was correct about the stadium not filling early. Like it or not excuses, deflections, personal insults don't change that fact

Didn't say I was disappointed as the OP was, but UL clearly wanted people in the stadium early since Gameday was moving there at 11, hence the cheap beers. Not a big deal, but the OP was correct about the stadium not filling early. Like it or not excuses, deflections, personal insults don't change that fact
Who cares it was packed win the team entered the field. By all indications ESPN was more than pleased. Besides that what matters. I'm proud of how the fans showed up and how loud the stadium was. When the national audience was watching it was electric!

Here is your tissue. ESPN and U of L are more than happy, but if you guys want something to complain about go right ahead.

I think OP was talking about Kentucky, but this picture is 5 minutes before kickoff
I was there in person, but I have the game in HD on my DVR. The place looked and sounded great five minutes before kickoff.

I guess this is the only thing anyone can criticize U of L football about today. Good stuff...

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT