ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Manning Buyout - No freaking way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Mine was a statement of fact. There is no need to cobble together 50+ separate accounts of how universities paid buyout amounts that were contractually owed to coaches who were not fired “for cause”, to try and placate the likes of you. Particularly when everyone here knows how you simply pivot from any facts that don’t fit your preconceived narrative.

All of those cases were of known D1 coaches and all information is in the public domain. Someone who spends as much time on the internet as you, should have no problem locating those facts that you say you seek.

By the way, nice selfie.

I wonder how many lawyers wrote Petrino’s contract? There was no mitigating of damages verbiage in there which is extremely odd these days.
Clowns got outta paying Pitino a dime. That’s sl. less than $14 million...

Mine was a statement of fact. There is no need to cobble together 50+ separate accounts of how universities paid buyout amounts that were contractually owed to coaches who were not fired “for cause”, to try and placate the likes of you...
Blah, blah, blah.

As I thought, you have no facts...

Clowns got outta paying Pitino a dime. That’s sl. less than $14 million...

There were requirements that he administer the program within NCAA guidelines. The “clowns” had an out when Pitino didn’t fulfill requirements of his contract.

What I gave you were my conclusions based on evidence, not the facts themselves.

"Vince" decided in 24 hours not to try to mitigate $14 million worth of financial damage to the department he manages. That is fact.

I was told that option wasn't available to "Vince". Wake Forest is demonstrating that's untrue. Also facts.

As I said, I get told a lotta stuff in this space--only some of which has a remote connection to the truth...
So Tyra unilaterally without the University President or Lawyers made the decision? You know that's not true.

There were requirements that he administer the program within NCAA guidelines. The “clowns” had an out when Pitino didn’t fulfill requirements of his contract.
Clowns benefited by Pitino walking away. You're trying again to rewrite history...

So Tyra unilaterally without the University President or Lawyers made the decision? You know that's not true.
He took 24 hours and never engaged Petrino in any type of negotiation. That decision was on him...

Blah, blah, blah.

As I thought, you have no facts...
They’re not “my facts” you twit - they’re just facts. You want to prove me wrong - stop cheapening the board for a few minutes and fire up the Google machine.

Though my guess is that you already have and realized that this latest hot take of yours carries about as much weight as your assurance that Nwora was “gone” before last season.

And Enoch - he was gone too.

And Pitino was going to take UofL for 40M.

And on, and on, and on...

They’re not “my facts” you twit - they’re just facts. You want to prove me wrong - stop cheapening the board for a few minutes and fire up the Google machine...
"Twit"...LOL :p

My data is in the OP. Yours is still missing...

"Twit"...LOL :p

My data is in the OP. Yours is still missing...
No, it’s there in the public square for anyone to digest. But you know that already, as there’s literally zero chance that you haven’t already looked. If there were anything to refute in my statement - you would’ve already tried by now. There isn’t and that’s why you’re clinging to the approach you are now. And while we’re at it, let’s not forget that your “data” is an article describing someone’s opinion about the Manning situation - which doesn’t qualify as data at all.

You’re nothing if not tediously predictable.

Last edited:
Pitino walked when he finally came to the realization that the law wasn’t on his side.
His attorneys were relying on the terms of his contract. And Pitino acted ("walking") contrary to their counsel. He said so...

Last edited:
No, it’s there in the public square for anyone to digest. But you know that already, as there’s literally zero chance that you haven’t already looked. If there were anything to refute in my statement - you would’ve already tried by now. There isn’t and that’s why you’re clinging to the approach you are now. And while we’re at it, let’s not forget that your “data” is an article describing someone’s opinion about the Manning situation - which doesn’t qualify as data at all.

You’re nothing if not tediously predictable.
You're a johnny-come-lately, and you obviously don't understand the debate.

I was told there was no other option to paying 100% of Petrino's buyout. That's obviously not true, or someone forgot to tell Wake Forest.

BTW I guess someone also forgot to tell LSU and Les Miles, a second data point...

"Former head coach Les Miles and LSU have agreed to a $1.5 million buyout settlement that further frees Miles up to pursue a head coaching job elsewhere this offseason.

Miles signed an 11-plus-year contract with the Tigers in 2005 but was fired in September 2016 after starting the season 2–2. At the time of his firing, Miles was owed $9 million..."

LINK

Les Miles contract was much more university friendly. His buyout was written such that if he took another job, his new salary was to be deducted from his annual buyout payments.

Les wanted to coach and had already been in contact with Kansas. At the time he was still owed 6.5m by LSU to be paid at 1.6m per year. He wanted to coach and knew he would make more than 1.6m, thereby losing his buyout completely. So he got a1.5m quick settlement from LSU and signed for 2.76m with Kansas. More for him.

The fact that his contract had his buyout written to be tied into any new coaching salary made the situation different. CBPs contract did not have this. So not the same

Les Miles contract was much more university friendly. His buyout was written such that if he took another job, his new salary was to be deducted from his annual buyout payments.

Les wanted to coach and had already been in contact with Kansas. At the time he was still owed 6.5m by LSU to be paid at 1.6m per year. He wanted to coach and knew he would make more than 1.6m, thereby losing his buyout completely. So he got a1.5m quick settlement from LSU and signed for 2.76m with Kansas. More for him.

The fact that his contract had his buyout written to be tied into any new coaching salary made the situation different. CBPs contract did not have this. So not the same
I love when people try to rationalize data points...

In defense of "Vince", the argument has been that no one like Wake Forest negotiates a lower buyout. Hell, the excerpt I quoted from the article clearly says the parties "agree". For whatever reason, LSU did the same thing prior to Wake--and later, U of L did not.

Like them or not, those are all facts...

Zipp... LSU didn't negotiate anything. When Miles would take the Kansas job... they would owe nothing... because unlike BPs contract..... that's how Miles's was written. In fact, they paid MORE than they would have had to just to end it right there.

And no matter how condescending you want to talk..... that's not rationalizing anything.... that's just facts to show your poor example. You cannot pretend those contracts were the same. LSU was paying payments each month on the full amount, and would have paid Miles every penny if he had just stayed retired.

Zipp... LSU didn't negotiate anything. When Miles would take the Kansas job... they would owe nothing... because unlike BPs contract..... that's how Miles's was written. In fact, they paid MORE than they would have had to just to end it right there.

And no matter how condescending you want to talk..... that's not rationalizing anything.... that's just facts to show your poor example. You cannot pretend those contracts were the same. LSU was paying payments each month on the full amount, and would have paid Miles every penny if he had just stayed retired.
I don't know who you are, but SI used the word "agree" which is a two-way situation from where I come from. And $1.5 million <<< $9 million.

You're trying to rationalize a data point--that's an observation and not me sounding like anything. Les Miles and LSU are evidence that buyouts are "agreed" and not necessarily paid.

When I read the account of what happened at LSU, it sounds a lot like Pitino's situation. Pitino wanted a new job and walked away from a lawsuit over his buyout voluntarily with nothing. When these coaches want new jobs, they'll compromise. Petrino also wanted a new job.

If you don't like talking to me, don't talk to me. No one's making you respond to my posts...

Last edited:
Just trying to keep the facts straight.

LSU didn't negotiate anything that wasn't already in the contract.

When they fired Miles 4 games into the season.. he was owed 9m over the next 5 and a half years. They immediately started paying him on his full buyout....no negotiations. They were paying him 1.6m per year(133k per month). They paid him for 18 months(2.5m). He was still owed 6.5m at the point he wanted to coach again. His buyout was structured to where if he coached again his annual buyout payment would be reduced by his new salary.

Since Les was already in negotiations to be the new coach at Kansas and his salary was going to be over 1.6m... .. LSU was going to owe him nothing by his contract, not by negotiations. So before signing with Kansas, Les went to LSU and got 1.5m extra jn a 1 time payment..... then signed with Kansas for 2.7m annually.

The only negotiations were Les squeezing a little extra before signing with Kansas. I'm sure LSU was glad to pay and be done with it. But if Les had stayed retired..... they would have continued to pay his full buyout as they had been all along from the day they fired him.

All they did was abide in full by the original contract. They had a smart buyout clause, and got lucky that Les chose to coach again.

Reactions: BPGhost and SoulSr
Just to make sure i had the facts straight i checked the time-line.

In November 2018 Miles approached LSU about a buyout after LSU had been paying him since 2016 his full payments. He Negotiated a 1.5m buyout payment. Then 4 days later signed with Kansas for 2.77m. Very shrewd on his part since if he had signed with Kansas first LSU would have owed him nothing.

Reactions: SoulSr
Just to make sure i had the facts straight i checked the time-line.

In November 2018 Miles approached LSU about a buyout after LSU had been paying him since 2016 his full payments. He Negotiated a 1.5m buyout payment. Then 4 days later signed with Kansas for 2.77m. Very shrewd on his part since if he had signed with Kansas first LSU would have owed him nothing.
It doesn't matter. The simple occurrence of negotiated buyout terms is the very evidence that these terms are not set in concrete as "Vince" apologists have claimed. Why didn't LSU simply tell Miles that if he got a new job, they would stop paying him anything?

Because it was NEGOTIATED. The reason doesn't matter, or the fact it was flipped around doesn't matter, if that's how you're trying to differentiate it. It's evidence that "Vince" took the easy and most expensive way out, NOT to negotiate...

Why would he lie about disregarding his attorneys? Please concoct something that makes sense...

Idk...maybe the lawyers wanted to continue to bill hours? Or perhaps it looked good for his lawyers to make people think they could have won? And/or perhaps it allowed Rick to save face. That was pretty easy.

You're a johnny-come-lately, and you obviously don't understand the debate.

I was told there was no other option to paying 100% of Petrino's buyout. That's obviously not true, or someone forgot to tell Wake Forest.

BTW I guess someone also forgot to tell LSU and Les Miles, a second data point...

"Former head coach Les Miles and LSU have agreed to a $1.5 million buyout settlement that further frees Miles up to pursue a head coaching job elsewhere this offseason.

Miles signed an 11-plus-year contract with the Tigers in 2005 but was fired in September 2016 after starting the season 2–2. At the time of his firing, Miles was owed $9 million..."

LINK
Let’s remind everyone if your “data” in this debate.

Jeff Goodman

✔@GoodmanHoops
Sources: Wake Forest believes it does not have to pay Danny Manning the $15 million he had on his existing deal because he failed to meet certain criteria. Been told Wake feels it owes Manning less than half of the $15 million. Two sides could wind up gong to court or settling.
9:35 AM - Apr 30, 2020

Your debate data is based on a tweet with ZERO on record sources and ZERO facts and that contains more innuendo than a trump Coronavirus press conference.

As for the Miles situation, there’s nothing left to be said. UofL Doug has already completely dismantled that shaky structure.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Let’s remind everyone if your “data” in this debate...

Your debate data is based on a tweet with ZERO on record sources and ZERO facts and that contains more innuendo than a trump Coronavirus press conference.

As for the Miles situation, there’s nothing left to be said. UofL Doug has already completely dismantled that shaky structure.
The Manning info I referenced was on the Washington Post website. It's also referenced on accsports.com and 247sports.com, among others.

Your alleged "51" pieces of data are still missing.

And the Miles/LSU evidence is, as I stated, a negotiated agreement. You and Doug have a problem with that example because it doesn't support "Vince". Hate it for ya...

He took 24 hours and never engaged Petrino in any type of negotiation. That decision was on him...
Your assumptions are off. You mean to tell me that no lawyers were involved with any of this? And what would have Petrino said if Vince did talk to him? Talk to my lawyers.

The Manning info I referenced was on the Washington Post website. It's also referenced on accsports.com and 247sports.com, among others.

Your alleged "51" pieces of data are still missing.

And the Miles/LSU evidence is, as I stated, a negotiated agreement. You and Doug have a problem with that example because it doesn't support "Vince". Hate it for ya...
Wapo is an established and credible newspaper to be sure but, them reprinting Goodman’s tweet doesn’t change the FACTS that his account has no FACTS and no sources. Hate that for you.

The 51 accounts of how colleges lived up to their contractual obligations aren’t missing at all - they’re just a few keystrokes away. But again, you already know that it’s true. Other than sporting your TJ underoos and grabbing your sign, there’s nothing more that you’d enjoy than being able to prove me wrong.

Lol - “Manning info”.

Your assumptions are off. You mean to tell me that no lawyers were involved with any of this? And what would have Petrino said if Vince did talk to him? Talk to my lawyers.
Petrino's lawyers worked at most for 24 hours, which is how long it took "Vince" to fork over 100% of his buyout.

The narrative was not whether lawyers were involved. It was that "Vince' had no options...

Wapo is an established and credible newspaper to be sure but, them reprinting Goodman’s tweet doesn’t change the FACTS that his account has no FACTS and no sources. Hate that for you.

The 51 accounts of how colleges lived up to their contractual obligations aren’t missing at all - they’re just a few keystrokes away. But again, you already know that it’s true. Other than sporting your TJ underoos and grabbing your sign, there’s nothing more that you’d enjoy than being able to prove me wrong.

Lol - “Manning info”.
I've given you three links and two data points.

You've provided 0...

I've given you three links and two data points.

You've provided 0...
Your links? Lol - one is a retweet and one is to a story that disproves your assertions. Not sure about the third but based on the first two, it’s guaranteed to be irrelevant as well. You provided links of a similar caliber that supported your “data points” that Nwora and Enoch were going to turn pro in 2019 and that pitino was going to take 40M from UofL. How’d those work out for you? Your “links and data points” are worth less than zero.

Meanwhile you continue to try and hide behind the the toddler-like lack of object permanence assertion, that unless a fact is presented to you, it doesn’t exist.

Spoiler Alert - people don’t really disappear when they play peek-a-boo. :)

Last edited:
Your links? Lol - one is a retweet and one is to a story that disproves your assertions. Not sure about the third but based on the first two, it’s guaranteed to be irrelevant as well. You provided links of a similar caliber that supported your “data points” that Nwora and Enoch were going to turn pro in 2019 and that pitino was going to take 40M from UofL. How’d those work out for you? Your “links and data points” are worth less than zero.

Meanwhile you continue to try and hide behind the the toddler-like lack of object permanence assertion, that unless a fact is presented to you, it doesn’t exist.

Spoiler Alert - people don’t really disappear when they play peek-a-boo. :)
It doesn't matter whether you like my references that don't support your thesis--surprisingly. You've offered nothing in comparison.

You're also changing subjects which happens when someone is losing a debate--surprisingly...

It doesn't matter whether you like my references that don't support your thesis--surprisingly. You've offered nothing in comparison.

You're also changing subjects which happens when someone is losing a debate--surprisingly...
I neither like nor dislike your references, I (as everyone else) am simply pointing out that they don’t remotely rise to the level of evidence. You’re so frequently wrong that in your desperation to appear right, you’ve cited an unsourced tweet that is nothing more than click bait as your supporting documentation. It’s absurd.

The only evidence presented, was by me - of all the other recent instances where you’ve tried the same sort of chicanery - only to have it blow up in your face like this is doing now. That’s not changing the subject - it’s just pointing out how painfully bad you are at this.

Petrino's lawyers worked at most for 24 hours, which is how long it took "Vince" to fork over 100% of his buyout.

The narrative was not whether lawyers were involved. It was that "Vince' had no options...
Now you say there are lawyers involved. A few days ago it was Tyra did all this on his own. Which is it? The lawyers probably said here's the contract the former AD signed and pay up or let's go to court. It wasn't like someone was going to hire Petrino.

I neither like nor dislike your references, I (as everyone else) am simply pointing out that they don’t remotely rise to the level of evidence. You’re so frequently wrong that in your desperation to appear right, you’ve cited an unsourced tweet that is nothing more than click bait as your supporting documentation. It’s absurd.

The only evidence presented, was by me - of all the other recent instances where you’ve tried the same sort of chicanery - only to have it blow up in your face like this is doing now. That’s not changing the subject - it’s just pointing out how painfully bad you are at this.
Find any argument I've made with unspecified references and data sources--among the "other recent instances". Like your sources, all of that is between your ears.

In this particular case, I referenced at least three public websites vs. your nothingness...

Now you say there are lawyers involved. A few days ago it was Tyra did all this on his own. Which is it? The lawyers probably said here's the contract the former AD signed and pay up or let's go to court. It wasn't like someone was going to hire Petrino.
Nothing has changed. "At most" includes no lawyers--which isn't the debate anyway.

"Vince" had options, he just chose the quickest and costliest one. And that's $14 million he could sure use now...

Find any argument I've made with unspecified references and data sources--among the "other recent instances". Like your sources, all of that is between your ears.

In this particular case, I referenced at least three public websites vs. your nothingness...
My “sources” are objective and recorded fact. 51 D1 coaches fired after petrino whose contracts were honored by the universities that employed them.

Regurgitated / reprinted opinions on a “public website” don’t make the original opinion more valid. I could cite a number of public websites - or in the case of your “evidence” tweets - that indicate an opinion that the earth is flat. That does not make it so.

As for the other recent instances of you being categorically wrong, you seem to be pivoting to say that the error was completely yours and not supported by some other buffoon.

On behalf of the board, I accept your apology.

My “sources” are objective and recorded fact. 51 D1 coaches fired after petrino whose contracts were honored by the universities that employed them.

Regurgitated / reprinted opinions on a “public website” don’t make the original opinion more valid. I could cite a number of public websites - or in the case of your “evidence” tweets - that indicate an opinion that the earth is flat. That does not make it so.

As for the other recent instances of you being categorically wrong, you seem to be pivoting to say that the error was completely yours and not supported by some other buffoon.

On behalf of the board, I accept your apology.
The Washington Post (as one example) vs. a message board stalker.

Tough making that call...

The Washington Post (as one example) vs. a message board stalker.

Tough making that call...
Yes , let’s link that evidence again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...s-wake-forest-will-pay-danny-manning-go-away/

Tell us again how that unsettled situation is proof positive that petrino got over on UofL.

For the record, here is WAPO with a story about someone who thinks the earth is flat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-homemade-rocket-to-prove-the-earth-is-flat/

Guess that proves that theory too?

LOL.

Source: Wake Forest, agent for Danny Manning start buyout negotiations

LINK

Why are lawyers/agents negotiating when there's nothing to negotiate? (Ans: Because it's not true...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT