ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Manning Buyout - No freaking way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, yours is a changed narrative. "Vince" supposedly had no choice but to pay the full buyout. Wake obviously disagrees faced with nearly the same decision...

There is no changed narrative. There were no provisions in Petrino’s contract that provided the university an out. Until you can look at Manning’s employment contract you are just assuming.

What difference does that make? It has nothing to do with the process.

You contest whether the payee of the buyout performed against whatever provisions are in the contract. "Vince" didn't do that for Petrino's buyout, and he slept on the question one nite before deciding.

"Vince" ain't a lawyer, and it's debatable at this point what business skills transferred with him into the AD job. This particular issue has little or nothing to do with athletics, so I don't know why he needed to learn anything before performing himself on his million-dollar contract.

Of course, when you're hired by clowns, that's probably your standard of performance...
That's a changed narrative now. You among others were saying "Vince" and U of L had no choice...
Again, who approved the contract? You think Tyra didn't consult the lawyers?

Ask Tom and Rick
What do those guys have to do with "Vince" forking over a $14 million buyout? That makes no sense.

If anything, THAT hanging over "Vince's" head should have discouraged him parting with many millions more...

There is no changed narrative. There were no provisions in Petrino’s contract that provided the university an out...
Sure there was. Like all contacts, there is performance language. You don't live up to the terms, you get fired for cause.

"Vince" obviously took the out that Petrino lived up to those terms, and Wake hasn't as far as Manning.

Muddying the water ain't helping you. Your boy just face planted--it's not that complicated...

Again, who approved the contract? You think Tyra didn't consult the lawyers?
"Vince" is arrogant, looked at the decision as his and that it was widely supported, and he thought he had plenty of money.

IOW poor "Vince" don't think too well...

Sure there was. Like all contacts, there is performance language. You don't live up to the terms, you get fired for cause.

"Vince" obviously took the out that Petrino lived up to those terms, and Wake hasn't as far as Manning.

Muddying the water ain't helping you. Your boy just face planted--it's not that complicated...

Find the provisions that UofL could successfully defend when this thing ended up in litigation. Then do the same for Wake. Once you get your homework done, come back to the board.

"Vince" is arrogant, looked at the decision as his and that it was widely supported, and he thought he had plenty of money.

Those written words by you sum up the last admin and every last one of them that was fired. Birds of a feather flock together your always good for entertainment !

Find the provisions that UofL could successfully defend when this thing ended up in litigation. Then do the same for Wake. Once you get your homework done, come back to the board.
It's not my job to prove your argument is flawed. Mine has been proven.

Legally fighting a contractual buyout provision is an option "Vince" had--just like Wake is showing...

Those written words by you sum up the last admin and every last one of them that was fired. Birds of a feather flock together your always good for entertainment !
This thread is about the clowns in charge now.

I know you guys like low/no bars. But you honestly wanna hang onto the argument they're no worse than the last regime?...

It's not my job to prove your argument is flawed. Mine has been proven.

Legally fighting a contractual buyout provision is an option "Vince" had--just like Wake is showing...

So you are unable to provide the provisions you would challenge the contract on? That’s what I thought.

So you are unable to provide the provisions you would challenge the contract on? That’s what I thought.
I didn't try because that's your argument. It's also off topic which you're unable or unwilling to grasp...

I didn't try because that's your argument. It's also off topic which you're unable or unwilling to grasp...

...or you created a straw man argument...clearly UofL could’ve not paid the buyout initially. Of course, per the contract they would’ve had to pay the contract and legal fees and perhaps other damages when this thing went to litigation.

...or you created a straw man argument...clearly UofL could’ve not paid the buyout initially. Of course, per the contract they would’ve had to pay the contract and legal fees and perhaps other damages when this thing went to litigation.
You’re not a lawyer, and you have no idea what would have happened “when this thing went to litigation”. You’re just defending “Vince” again...

At least 51 D1 football or basketball coaches have been fired AFTER Petrino. Not one of their buyouts were denied.

Interesting that doesn’t qualify as “info” but the third hand account of someone at Weak Forest floating their belief that they should be entitled to not honor Manning’s contract is?

This is exactly the type of intellectual dishonesty that continue to cheapen this board.

The sport of spending money...
Let us know when it affects our ability to put competitive teams on the field. From where I sit we are competing for conference championships in every sport except football (which no one is but Clemson).

At least 51 D1 football or basketball coaches have been fired AFTER Petrino. Not one of their buyouts were denied.

Interesting that doesn’t qualify as “info” but the third hand account of someone at Weak Forest floating their belief that they should be entitled to not honor Manning’s contract is?

This is exactly the type of intellectual dishonesty that continue to cheapen this board.
Link your data, please...

Let us know when it affects our ability to put competitive teams on the field. From where I sit we are competing for conference championships in every sport except football (which no one is but Clemson).
The relationship between finances and performance is documented. LINK

Zipp that link paints a pretty good picture for UofL. They are out performing a number of successful athletic programs, including a # of state schools. They are also one of the few "city" schools cracking the T20.

If Ghost brings the data on the other firings then what? LOL!

One school is not the point. The best college athletics programs are the most lucrative financially. You challenged that...
We were top 20 in revenue based on those numbers after the switch to Tyra, Zipp. If you’re argument is revenue driven, then we are the best in the biz from the NCAA BB standpoint and pretty high over all sports. That would mean our program is doing well from a revenue standpoint.

Your net argument isn’t as important as you think it is. As long as we aren’t accumulating huge amounts of debt with an unsustainable model we have the revenue to be a top 20 athletics program.

If we’re in the black, we are bringing in enough money to have a big athletics budget with the numbers you just reported and that is what matters most. High revenue = well funded programs = wins. Until we pay off Bobby P, our net is going to look bad.

We were top 20 in revenue based on those numbers after the switch to Tyra, Zipp. If you’re argument is revenue driven, then we are the best in the biz from the NCAA BB standpoint and pretty high over all sports. That would mean our program is doing well from a revenue standpoint.

Your net argument isn’t as important as you think it is. As long as we aren’t accumulating huge amounts of debt with an unsustainable model we have the revenue to be a top 20 athletics program.

If we’re in the black, we are bringing in enough money to have a big athletics budget with the numbers you just reported and that is what matters most. High revenue = well funded programs = wins. Until we pay off Bobby P, our net is going to look bad.
You're not in the black. If you looked at the annual financials, you'd know that. We've lost $30 million the last two years.

The Titanic didn't sink immediately when the iceberg hit...

You're not in the black. If you looked at the annual financials, you'd know that. We've lost $30 million the last two years.

The Titanic didn't sink immediately when the iceberg hit...
It also didn’t have passengers standing on deck cheering for it to go under...

Lol - guess you better settle in then. Better yet, please hold your breath.
giphy.gif

You say you like to deal with facts, but all you did here was state opinion. You do not know if attorneys were consulted or not. I would be more inclined to think they were. Again, who wrote the contract? Did that person use a lawyer? Appears that person was arrogant using your analogy.

You say you like to deal with facts, but all you did here was state opinion. You do not know if attorneys were consulted or not. I would be more inclined to think they were. Again, who wrote the contract? Did that person use a lawyer? Appears that person was arrogant using your analogy.
What I gave you were my conclusions based on evidence, not the facts themselves.

"Vince" decided in 24 hours not to try to mitigate $14 million worth of financial damage to the department he manages. That is fact.

I was told that option wasn't available to "Vince". Wake Forest is demonstrating that's untrue. Also facts.

As I said, I get told a lotta stuff in this space--only some of which has a remote connection to the truth...

One would need to be a lawyer (and a good one?) and have access to the contracts of Petrino and Manning to really be able to weigh in as a credible source on these cases.

Oh and.... in before lock!

I agree Hop. Sadly, the link and 3 case #'s I provided to support the fact Zipp is not a lawyer, let alone a good one, were deleted by mods. So there you go. If anyone wants them I can pm them to you. : )

I agree Hop. Sadly, the link and 3 case #'s I provided to support the fact Zipp is not a lawyer, let alone a good one, were deleted by mods. So there you go. If anyone wants them I can pm them to you. : )
Neither of us are lawyers. That's why I proposed that two of them--U of L's and Petrino's--negotiate this...

Running up how much in legal fees? Also allowing the already tarnished reputation of the University to be local news filler each evening. As well as sending the message to future coaches our word as well as your contract mean nothing. You can wipe your butt on it because we will fight you tooth and nail for every cent.

Neither of us know first hand if U of L consulted lawyers about the merit and cost benefit of fighting the case in the first place. My info that you are not the person top get legal advice from or even if a lawyer should be consulted were deleted by mods. My offer to PM that info to any interested party stands.

Quote me all you want, I can't say it any better and see no reason to try. You are 0-3 in recent court cases. Any advice you give is worth exactly what someone paid for it. $0.00

Running up how much in legal fees? Also allowing the already tarnished reputation of the University to be local news filler each evening. As well as sending the message to future coaches our word as well as your contract mean nothing. You can wipe your butt on it because we will fight you tooth and nail for every cent.

Neither of us know first hand if U of L consulted lawyers about the merit and cost benefit of fighting the case in the first place. My info that you are not the person top get legal advice from or even if a lawyer should be consulted were deleted by mods. My offer to PM that info to any interested party stands.

Quote me all you want, I cant say it any better and see no reason to try. You are 0-3 in recent court cases. Anhy advice you give is worth exactly what someone paid for it. $0.00
I can't decipher most of that. I do know U of L is spending plenty of money on lawyers nowadays. Except for how much "Vince" has spent in another places, he's certainly willing to pay lawyers when he wants to.

And how many lawyers can you justify with a $14 million buyout in play? A lot of them...

I can't decipher most of that. I do know U of L is spending plenty of money on lawyers nowadays. Except for how much "Vince" has spent in another places, he's certainly willing to pay lawyers when he wants to.

And how many lawyers can you justify with a $14 million buyout in play? A lot of them...

I wonder how many lawyers wrote Petrino’s contract? There was no mitigating of damages verbiage in there which is extremely odd these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT