ADVERTISEMENT

D Fox's comments

How is he responsible for the Harrison's failure?
I'm not saying that he is, just in the same way that I'm not saying that he is responsible for Davis' NBA success. I was responding to a kentucky fan's goofy post talking about how cow is an incredible coach because he got all of these players drafted - ergo, he was responsible for their success. Logically it would then follow that he is responsible for other 5 star, McD AA's failure to be successful in the pros.

Get it now?

I'm not saying that he is, just in the same way that I'm not saying that he is responsible for Davis' NBA success. I was responding to a kentucky fan's goofy post talking about how cow is an incredible coach because he got all of these players drafted - ergo, he was responsible for their success. Logically it would then follow that he is responsible for other 5 star, McD AA's failure to be successful in the pros.

Get it now?
He/She will never "get it". When you live your life peeking thru a prism that only refracts BIG BLUE light, the mind itself becomes mush.

Reactions: BPGhost
This is a never ending ridiculous battle both fan bases are fighting.

Both coaches are great at what they do. They both expect their players to play defense and they both expect their teams to play offense efficiently as a team. Each coach gets the best out of their players and if they do not perform as expected they don't play. We have all seen it with both programs.

Most five stars will be drafted regardless of the program they play for. Coach Pitino and Cal prepare their players for life in the NBA outside of being a player.

I know we're rivals but this argument is useless.

This is a never ending ridiculous battle both fan bases are fighting.

Both coaches are great at what they do. They both expect their players to play defense and they both expect their teams to play offense efficiently as a team. Each coach gets the best out of their players and if they do not perform as expected they don't play. We have all seen it with both programs.

Most five stars will be drafted regardless of the program they play for. Coach Pitino and Cal prepare their players for life in the NBA outside of being a player.

I know we're rivals but this argument is useless.

Shhhh.... if we don't beat this horse to death, what will we talk about during the off season???? :p

Pitino doesn't sell himself as the best way to the NBA. He sells himself as a no-nonsense coach who requires defense to be played at a high level before he'll let you get meaningful minutes. Seeing as how that's the way coaches in the NBA coach, I'd say the truth is that Pitino actually does more prepping for the NBA than fat cow does. When fat cow starts sending 3* (Russ Smith) and 4* (Gorgui) players to the NBA, then I'll believe that he is truly selling something worthwhile. Until then, it's all self-serving BS. In fact, the argument could be made that in only holding them academically accountable for ONE freaking semester (and he's not really holding them accountable as evidenced by the fact that Jamal Murray couldn't even muster a high enough GPA with the underwater basket weaving curriculum that fat cow has them taking, by correspondence at that, to qualify for one of the post-season awards), he's NOT preparing them for life in the NBA or especially AFTER the NBA.

Pitino doesn't sell himself as the best way to the NBA. He sells himself as a no-nonsense coach who requires defense to be played at a high level before he'll let you get meaningful minutes. Seeing as how that's the way coaches in the NBA coach, I'd say the truth is that Pitino actually does more prepping for the NBA than fat cow does. When fat cow starts sending 3* (Russ Smith) and 4* (Gorgui) players to the NBA, then I'll believe that he is truly selling something worthwhile. Until then, it's all self-serving BS. In fact, the argument could be made that in only holding them academically accountable for ONE freaking semester (and he's not really holding them accountable as evidenced by the fact that Jamal Murray couldn't even muster a high enough GPA with the underwater basket weaving curriculum that fat cow has them taking, by correspondence at that, to qualify for one of the post-season awards), he's NOT preparing them for life in the NBA or especially AFTER the NBA.
Russ was a 2* coming out of High School. No way the Squid can turn a 2* into a consensus 1st team All-American and eventual draft pick

Reactions: shadow force
I guess we'll see with his kid - lol.

Are we comparing how the Squid will coach a 5*, McD AA, who would be a 1st rd pick right out of HS, D'Aaron Fox into an NBA pick versus how Ricky P coached 2*, no one ever heard of him, Russ Smith into an NBA pick?

Are we comparing how the Squid will coach a 5*, McD AA, who would be a 1st rd pick right out of HS, D'Aaron Fox into an NBA pick versus how Ricky P coached 2*, no one ever heard of him, Russ Smith into an NBA pick?
Not "this kid" - "his kid" meaning his 2 star (if that) son brad who will be on the team - not Fox.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember Murray being academically ineligible for any award. If my memory is right, that was Ben Simmons who actually dropped out of LSU after the season. I would like to see the article that said Murray was academically ineligible for a post-season award.

Reactions: blubo and awf
No link, stinky. It was the Wooden Award. Murray was considered one of the best players in the country so he would have been a finalist or semi-finalist. He wasn't and it was because he had 4 F's and a D in underwater basket weaving his first semester. When asked about it by fat cow, Murray replied that he put all of his effort into the basket weaving class. If you think this isn't true, PROVE ME WRONG blue boy:)

Reactions: blubo
So I politely ask for a link since I even admitted that I could have missed it and you respond with insults and name calling (not even clever ones) I might add. However, UKs perfect APR rating says that your 4 Fs and a D statement is factually incorrect but don't let that stop you.

So a lack of a sense of humor goes hand in hand with being a UK fan? It's an old joke some might have an appreciation for. The Wooden Award folks are not going to say, "He's no longer being considered because he's a dumbass" or "because he's no longer meeting our academic requirements," now are they. They didn't have to say it with Simmons because LSU doesn't try to perpetuate the myth that their "student athletes" who are taking primarily correspondence courses are still student-athleting like UlaK does. He withdrew so everyone knows that's whey he was no longer considered for the award. It doesn't take a degree from Harvard to put 2 and 2 together and conclude that if he (Murray) was a Wooden Award candidate during the first semester and no longer a candidate in the second semester (despite putting up gaudier numbers) it must be because his grades sucked the first semester.

Last edited:
So a lack of a sense of humor goes hand in hand with being a UK fan? It's an old joke some might have an appreciation for. The Wooden Award folks are not going to say, "He's no longer being considered because he's a dumbass" or "because he's no longer meeting our academic requirements," now are they. They didn't have to say it with Simmons because LSU doesn't try to perpetuate the myth that their "student athletes" who are taking primarily correspondence courses are still student-athleting like UlaK does. He withdrew so everyone knows that's whey he was no longer considered for the award. It doesn't take a degree from Harvard to put 2 and 2 together and conclude that if he (Murray) was a Wooden Award candidate during the first semester and no longer a candidate in the second semester (despite putting up gaudier numbers) it must be because his grades sucked the first semester.

You are making assumptions. It could just possibly be that he didn't make the finalist list because he wasn't worthy. Tyler Ulis was a finalist and a first team all american. If you look at the list, there is no team with 2 players on the list. Maybe they felt that 2 players from the team this year shouldn't be on the list. They chose to include the one who was a first team all american which was a good choice. If Ulis didn't make it, I am guessing you would say it was because of grades. Regardless, you have no factual information to say that Murray was held off because of grades while there is proof that Simmons was held off for that very reason. You say the wooden folks won't say someone isn't included due to grades but yet that is exactly what they did with Simmons.

Reactions: blubo and awf
...In fact, the argument could be made that in only holding them academically accountable for ONE freaking semester (and he's not really holding them accountable as evidenced by the fact that Jamal Murray couldn't even muster a high enough GPA with the underwater basket weaving curriculum that fat cow has them taking, by correspondence at that, to qualify for one of the post-season awards), he's NOT preparing them for life in the NBA or especially AFTER the NBA.

... He withdrew so everyone knows that's whey he was no longer considered for the award. It doesn't take a degree from Harvard to put 2 and 2 together and conclude that if he (Murray) was a Wooden Award candidate during the first semester and no longer a candidate in the second semester (despite putting up gaudier numbers) it must be because his grades sucked the first semester.

No link, stinky. It was the Wooden Award. Murray was considered one of the best players in the country so he would have been a finalist or semi-finalist. He wasn't and it was because he had 4 F's and a D in underwater basket weaving his first semester. When asked about it by fat cow, Murray replied that he put all of his effort into the basket weaving class. If you think this isn't true, PROVE ME WRONG blue boy:)

Sorry, my BS meter was in overload with this...

Murray was on the mid season list of 25 prospects, but he was not on the late season list of 20. Please note, Academics are not reviewed until the finalist are revealed, hence why Simmons was not eligible but was on the list of 20. (For the record, the lists are not final locks either, as players not on the list of 20 could still become a finalist.) Ultimately, here is no hint of substance to Murray not being eligible, he just was not a finalist. He was one of the 25 best (according to the Wooden people) but not one of the finalist... no big deal there. All it means is they felt there were worthier candidates (which I think everyone would agree with).

If you think Murray was not eligible, please substantiate that claim. UK has had a perfect APR for the past 3 years. I know it's not a great measure, but the only one publicly available. Since GPAs and grades are private, good luck proving your claim... and yes, you make the claim, the burden lies with you.

You and I both know EXACTLY what's going on with Cow and his 3 month "students". You, self-servingly, choose to say "Move along...nothing to see here. " I admire your powers of self-deception. Well done, sir. Well done.

Get it now?
Sure, thats fair.

Reactions: blubo and JohnKBA
we just need our Men's and Women's basketball teams to step up and then UofL will truly be greater than UK in every sport. We already own UK in several sports already.

we just need our Men's and Women's basketball teams to step up and then UofL will truly be greater than UK in every sport. We already own UK in several sports already.
Do you honestly know that for a fact or just hoping it's true? I think their softball, women's volleyball, men's and women's tennis are equal if not more successful. We have an edge in field hockey and men's track. We certainly don't own them.

Kentucky is a BASKETBALL and rifle school, I don't think we have a rifle team but we do have the most recent championship in their main sport. ;)

Kentucky is a BASKETBALL and rifle school, I don't think we have a rifle team but we do have the most recent championship in their main sport. ;)

I think it's laughable that UK is so big on their rifle team, and I'm a UK fan. Football, Men's Basketball for 3 weeks, and baseball for 10 days are all that matters. Nobody outside the hardcore fanbases of participating teams cares about anything else. Rifle....ha.

Sorry, my BS meter was in overload with this...

Murray was on the mid season list of 25 prospects, but he was not on the late season list of 20. Please note, Academics are not reviewed until the finalist are revealed, hence why Simmons was not eligible but was on the list of 20. (For the record, the lists are not final locks either, as players not on the list of 20 could still become a finalist.) Ultimately, here is no hint of substance to Murray not being eligible, he just was not a finalist. He was one of the 25 best (according to the Wooden people) but not one of the finalist... no big deal there. All it means is they felt there were worthier candidates (which I think everyone would agree with).

If you think Murray was not eligible, please substantiate that claim. UK has had a perfect APR for the past 3 years. I know it's not a great measure, but the only one publicly available. Since GPAs and grades are private, good luck proving your claim... and yes, you make the claim, the burden lies with you.
100 APR BS! Them tutors is doing a good job on those online courses

Do you honestly know that for a fact or just hoping it's true? I think their softball, women's volleyball, men's and women's tennis are equal if not more successful. We have an edge in field hockey and men's track. We certainly don't own them.
UK's womens track team was #1 in the nation a week ago. Not sure if they still are or not but that should be added to the list.
Both schools should be proud of their success in sports though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT