ADVERTISEMENT

Crawford Article Says It All

"Payne’s two-year winning percentage after Wednesday’s 84-59 loss at Duke is .200. In 1913, ’14 and ’15, Louisville played three full seasons without a head coach. Its winning percentage was .360.

Of Payne’s 48 career losses, 32 have come by double digits. His two 20-loss seasons double the number of 20-loss seasons the program had endured in the 108 seasons before he arrived.

Another fact: In Payne’s second season, the program failed to meet even scaled-back projections for ticket revenue, finishing $2 million short of those. As I outlined in a previous column, a decision to make a change is driven as much by business as basketball."

Crawford is expressing the Mr. Obvious take. Who in their right mind thinks Kenny Payne deserves a third year? The only meaningful debate is whether Payne would get it.

Crawford at this point in his career is little more than a U of L mouthpiece. No hard hitting investigative journalism and no controversial take from THAT guy...

FINALLY! Local sports personality with the onions to call him out! Crawford is obviously not intimidated by Eaves and Beard the way Bozo is. I bet Bozo just stomped right past him at WDRB this morning.
Meanwhile Bozo keeps trying to gaslight the fanbase with fluff pieces on why Payne should get more time and these magical recruits he'll bring in if only given a another season.

Crawford is expressing the Mr. Obvious take. Who in their right mind thinks Kenny Payne deserves a third year? The only meaningful debate is whether Payne would get it.

Crawford at this point in his career is little more than a U of L mouthpiece. No hard hitting investigative journalism and no controversial take from THAT guy...
Give me Mr. Obvious over Johnnie One Note any day…

If I’m not mistaken, you have often said that Payne is getting a third year because we can’t afford anything else.

If I’m not mistaken, you have often said that Payne is getting a third year because we can’t afford anything else.
I said that is the likeliest outcome for exactly that reason.

And the way they were playing a month back, he had a decent shot at keeping his job. Playing 500 ball down the stretch, I liked his chances.

That didn’t happen. It still doesn’t mean we can afford his buyout and a higher salary with the next coach. People and enterprises do plenty of $hit they can’t afford.

That type of spend-when-you-don’t-have-it mentality is always temporary. It works until it doesn’t…

I said that is the likeliest outcome for exactly that reason.

And the way they were playing a month back, he had a decent shot at keeping his job. Playing 500 ball down the stretch, I liked his chances.

That didn’t happen. It still doesn’t mean we can afford his buyout and a higher salary with the next coach. People and enterprises do plenty of $hit they can’t afford.

That type of spend-when-you-don’t-have-it mentality is always temporary. It works until it doesn’t…
So…you were wrong then but now you’re right? Got it!

So…you were wrong then but now you’re right? Got it!
You asked what I said, and I explained it. The third year depended on his performance, not whether we had the money to dump him. That was your oversimplified and incorrect linkage.

Clowns have proven they’ll do things without money. They just dig a deeper hole…

He will be fired or he won't be. I'm gonna be right!
A booster will pay his buyout or, they won’t. I’m gonna be right again!

If a new coach is hired and they fail, it will be because of the clown show. If they succeed, it will be simply more dumb luck by the clown show. Righty-Right-Right Righterson by me again!

Should UofL baseball continue its slide, it’ll clearly be an indictment that Heird is unqualified to be AD. If McDonnell turns things around, it’ll be more evidence that TJ (my bestest and most secret-est friend for life) was the most successful leader since JC. Bow down before my Rightness!

#trashcanofentertainment

Again, you only look at the financials to form your opinion. You have to be an accountant, you see all the problems but can’t solve the problem. Look at the numbers they can’t do this. The reason for the numbers is the clown show. Most people cut to the chase win damn games and the money will come. In the entertainment business you better entertain.

There is no denying there was a plan in place to give him the time he needed. You may be misreading why they kept him mid year. You think it was financially driven others think KP supporters asked to give him till the end of the year. There was risk involved in that decision even though it was small. A well coached team doesn’t start the year that poorly when you consider the competition. Texas and IU aren’t NCAA teams.

While you won’t give the administration credit I will that was a wise move. KP and his teams performance has removed all doubt. Whatever supporters he has left is few. Even the big supporters don’t have much to say. Yeah they may pull their money but they were pulling it anyway if they didn’t hire KP. Again it boils down do they love the University or what the University does for them.

A booster will pay his buyout or, they won’t. I’m gonna be right again!

If a new coach is hired and they fail, it will be because of the clown show. If they succeed, it will be simply more dumb luck by the clown show. Righty-Right-Right Righterson by me again!

Should UofL baseball continue its slide, it’ll clearly be an indictment that Heird is unqualified to be AD. If McDonnell turns things around, it’ll be more evidence that TJ (my bestest and most secret-est friend for life) was the most successful leader since JC. Bow down before my Rightness!

#trashcanofentertainment
Sounds like somebody misses their heroes.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
Again, you only look at the financials to form your opinion. You have to be an accountant, you see all the problems but can’t solve the problem. Look at the numbers they can’t do this. The reason for the numbers is the clown show. Most people cut to the chase win damn games and the money will come. In the entertainment business you better entertain.

There is no denying there was a plan in place to give him the time he needed. You may be misreading why they kept him mid year. You think it was financially driven others think KP supporters asked to give him till the end of the year. There was risk involved in that decision even though it was small. A well coached team doesn’t start the year that poorly when you consider the competition. Texas and IU aren’t NCAA teams.

While you won’t give the administration credit I will that was a wise move. KP and his teams performance has removed all doubt. Whatever supporters he has left is few. Even the big supporters don’t have much to say. Yeah they may pull their money but they were pulling it anyway if they didn’t hire KP. Again it boils down do they love the University or what the University does for them.
IOW, you are arguing with a bad faith posting troll. But you still do make good posts.

L yeah.

And the way they were playing a month back, he had a decent shot at keeping his job. Playing 500 ball down the stretch, I liked his chances, and I was very excited about that, not because I was rooting for him to succeed, but because I am rooting for the program to be terrible because some a holes fired my heroes. Has anyone seen my Tom Jurich pajamas? I can't find them!
FIFY troll.

Friendly reminder, ignore is your friend.

#unhinged

• Haha
You asked what I said, and I explained it. The third year depended on his performance, not whether we had the money to dump him. That was your oversimplified and incorrect linkage.

Clowns have proven they’ll do things without money. They just dig a deeper hole…
Well you have proven those (and me) who say you can’t make this $hit up wrong….apparently YOU can!

Some of you are so angry at Zipp that you argue his opinions even when his position on this issue should be obvious to eveyone …….UL simply cannot afford to terminate Payne until the payout reaches an affordable level, or some well-healed alumni (or group) step up with the money to buyout his contract and provide sufficient capital to hire a top quality replacement.

The local businesses that depend on the Arena for financial survival should be asking Greenberg to initiate a rescue plan.

Beard and Eaves have no serious influence with the decisions that UL is making with its basketball program. The Houston family and Bridgeman are the ones who spearheaded the initiative to hire Payne, and there were others who jumped on that bandwagon at a time when no one else seemed to have the answer.

I believe that if Payne and this team could have sustained the small amount of momentum they experienced following the two consecutive ACC wins …….there would have been a good chance that UL fans might have supported a 3rd year.

It is all about the money, and whether it can materialize.

I believe that if Payne and this team could have sustained the small amount of momentum they experienced following the two consecutive ACC wins …….there would have been a good chance that UL fans might have supported a 3rd year.
Payne has never won two ACC games in a row. The one time he's won two in a row is earlier this season in the OOC.

There never was any real momentum. The team just was a bit less terrible than a couple of the bottom half ACC teams were at that time.

Some of you are so angry at Zipp that you argue his opinions even when his position on this issue should be obvious to eveyone …….UL simply cannot afford to terminate Payne until the payout reaches an affordable level, or some well-healed alumni (or group) step up with the money to buyout his contract and provide sufficient capital to hire a top quality replacement.

The local businesses that depend on the Arena for financial survival should be asking Greenberg to initiate a rescue plan.

Beard and Eaves have no serious influence with the decisions that UL is making with its basketball program. The Houston family and Bridgeman are the ones who spearheaded the initiative to hire Payne, and there were others who jumped on that bandwagon at a time when no one else seemed to have the answer.

It is all about the money, and whethe
Nobody is angry at Zipp. People are laughing at him and mocking him. Spend less time typing and more time reading my guy.

Payne has never won two ACC games in a row. The one time he's won two in a row is earlier this season in the OOC.

There never was any real momentum. The team just was a bit less terrible than a couple of the bottom half ACC teams were at that time.
You might get added to his ignore list for this one.

It is all about the money, and whether it can materialize.
That's a pretty good summary of the current situation. But you can't reason with a few people who refuse to accept reality.

The U of L basketball program is a fading star that has been permanently damaged by the people now in charge. It doesn't mean it can't occasionally flicker brightly, but it's fleeting.

What we hope is that other programs aren't affected, but that's not realistic either. The same people are ultimately calling the shots. I've had a couple of in-depth discussions recently with one of the head coaches, and the situation as I present it is not exaggerated.

Appreciate your effort to restore order to preschool recess, but the kiddies don't understand yet. When they grow up, they will...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BPGhost and 2330859
No Hopgood ...... Shadow force is not at risk of being ignored, his response to my post was both accurate and absent of any personal insults. I have "ignored" a few posters, but it is not out of malice, just confining my exchanges with those who can be express their opinions without insulting. I tried "your guy", but thanks I prefer where I am.

I would not be the least bit insulted if you ignore me.

• Haha

Your first sentence is oversimplification to try to make your point. I just said his performance was the ultimate determinant, and I've never said otherwise.

...NO this department can't afford another multimilion dollar buyout when it has no money and loses money most years operating.

...NO we have never had a big donor step in to pay for one of them; they have always been self financed.

...NO that doesn't mean Payne won't be fired. Our choices at this point are between bad and worse. And we do dumb stuff which is how we got here.

None of that is a departure from what I've ever said. We just have a few 'zipp' trolls who wanna speak for me.

If I have to sign under a single driver for most of U of L's decisions and outcomes, YES, it's about the money. Trying to condense these situations to that single factor is, as I said, an oversimplification...

Reactions: 2330859
No Hopgood ...... Shadow force is not at risk of being ignored, his response to my post was both accurate and absent of any personal insults. I have "ignored" a few posters, but it is not out of malice, just confining my exchanges with those who can be express their opinions without insulting. I tried "your guy", but thanks I prefer where I am.

I would not be the least bit insulted if you ignore me.
Sure.

There’s only a couple people in this thread not wearing big boy pants…

R.jpg

I am a grown man that has been temporarily banned from a public sports message board multiple times. I have even been permanently banned. And, I miss Tom. I find none of that to be strange, like, at all.
This is weird stuff my guy, no doubt. We're here for it. All of it. Just winding the season down like families do. Working some sh!t out.

I'm not sure any of this sets you up for being the one to lean in on anyone else. I'm thinking, no.

Ignore is your friend.

This is weird stuff my guy, no doubt. We're here for it. All of it. Just winding the season down like families do. Working some sh!t out.

I'm not sure any of this sets you up for being the one to lean in on anyone else. I'm thinking, no.

Ignore is your friend.
It’s sad when supplanting what someone actually said is the only way you can engage in a debate. Knock yourself out…

Last edited:
I'm not debating you. You are a troll. I am laughing at you. This has been explained repeatedly. Quit crying to the mods. Or keep crying.

Ignore is your friend.
At least you didn’t overwrite statements this time.

I never contact mods, no reason to. Occasionally they contact me.

Believe what you wanna believe…

At least you didn’t overwrite statements this time.

I never contact mods, no reason to. Occasionally they contact me.

Believe what you wanna believe…
More clarification for you on the way.

With every public complaint you make about "haters" and people being "testy" that's a cry for help.

Ignore is your friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT