ADVERTISEMENT

Crawford starts strong, finishes weak...

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022

Facing rock bottom, what can Payne and Louisville do to dig out?

I heard this column being discussed today, so I had to check it out. I thought he was going to the heart of the matter the way he started out, with some promise...

"This is an exercise in problem-solving..."

"I know, some of you reject the premise. I heard a radio caller...lamenting that so many discussions seem to have 'normalized' losing with Louisville basketball...if that is being done, it is Louisville basketball itself that has done it..."

"If you're running the Louisville basketball team, what do you do? What can be done?..."

Crawford went into an analysis of how good/bad things were—and were heading—under Mack, points I agreed with. That is, serious problems didn’t start with Payne.

And that was as good as it got. A promising start that degenerated into "it's not losing, it's how you lose" (my words) and some key points for Payne to try to improve this team. Good luck with that last part.

Crawford opened a can worms, looked inside it, and said nothing to see here...

Last edited:
Reactions: KozmasAgain
I liked point 4: CLEAN UP THE BODY LANGUAGE.
Apparently these guys wanted Payne to stay after Josh talked to them. So the poor body language is either buyers remorse or they are doing their best and it's demoralizing for them to realize that they just plain suck.

Thanks for linking it. It was thought provoking, and what I would do if given the job is make a list of hustle stats (steals, charges drawn, blocks, rebounds, loose balls dived for and recovered, deflections … there may be some others I’m not thinking of right now), and I would decree that each game going forward the starters will be those players who amass the most hustle stats in each game. Furthermore, if I see someone not hustling (for instance could have attempted to take a charge but didn’t attempt it); I’m yanking them out immediately.

Eric isn't as bad as Bozo. Bozo gaslights himself and is just the voice of Eaves.

Eric said the staff sucks without having the guts to say it directly. His solutions aren't applicable because the staff is unqualified. But at least he didn't pretend UofL had a chance to take advantage of a weak ACC like Bozo did last week.

Eric also wrote an article a few weeks ago saying this isn't working.

Seth Greenberg must have read this because he pretty much has recited every talking point during the game

Crawford does some gaslighting also. He's kind of pretending, wondering out loud what Kenny could do to be a good coach. Sorry Eric, but since Kenny isn't a good coach I'm not going to entertain the thought of him being a good coach.

Crawford was kinda gutless I agree with Zipp. It read like a motivational speech.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT