ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Game Thread

I agree with the general sentiment but with the ACC being about as low as it has ever been on quality teams, having Clemson win it would help at least put our conference in the talks when speaking strength of competitiveness.
I get that but, it hasn’t played out that way to date. Clemson wins - ACC haters will say it’s because they didn’t have to play a tough regular schedule and weren’t beat up like those $ec schools. Last year they said Clemson beating the shit out of ND proved that the domers didn’t deserve to be in - that it should have been Georgia. Then when Clemson teabags the Gumps, crickets. Those $ec idiots will have an excuse for everything.

Meanwhile, none of it helped Louisville which is all I care about.

I get that but, it hasn’t played out that way to date. Clemson wins - ACC haters will say it’s because they didn’t have to play a tough regular schedule and weren’t beat up like those $ec schools. Last year they said Clemson beating the shit out of ND proved that the domers didn’t deserve to be in - that it should have been Georgia. Then when Clemson teabags the Gumps, crickets. Those $ec idiots will have an excuse for everything.

Meanwhile, none of it helped Louisville which is all I care about.
In order to reach the playoffs, UL has to beat Clemson. You’re right, but might as well do it against the defending national champs Clemson than not. If it takes Clemson being in the play offs to keep the likes of multiple SEC teams and OSU out of it, then I will take it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT