ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Game Thread

Clemson's talent and depth has taken control of this football game but they know they've been in a football game. There's going to be plenty of ice baths for everyone.

Go CARDS!!!

Clemson's talent and depth has taken control of this football game but they know they've been in a football game. There's going to be plenty of ice baths for everyone.

Go CARDS!!!
I’m proud of our D. They were under scrutiny and they came to play.

If we’d lost a close one it would let the naysayers pounce on Clemson and I don’t want an ACC-less playoff. All things considered still plenty of positives to build from.

I know it doesn't really matter now but how that wasn't targeting I'll never know.
It was, but I've seen a couple not called in this game and the other one would have been against us. It's all good because nobody got too banged up from it.

It's not a good ref crew. That was targeting (at least under the stupid targeting rules as they are today). And I think they knew they screwed up and tried to make it even by not calling that TD by Higgins, since he definitely caught that. But they've missed calls on both sides today.
He caught it but the football was moving as he was going out of bounds. Not complete control of the football cost him the TD.

Reactions: Mayoman
I assume you mean the punt return one? Yeah, that was a bad no call too. As I said above, just a bad ref crew.
Yep, that's the one. That was targeting as applied by the rules. So was the hit to the UofL QB, but it's all good. No harm, no foul. no broken necks.

Bull. That was absolutely a catch, as they're saying unanimously on the regular rivals board, the sportshoopla board, and the announcers said (and the high pitched announcer seems to hate Clemson for some reason). The ball only moved when he hit the ground, since his elbow hit first. He maintained control until he was out of bounds. That was a catch.
we'll have to agree to disagree and since the replay officials agree with me (or was it the other way around?), I think I'm more right than you this time around. ;)

Personally I hope Clemson wins the title again this year and they definitely have the team and the coaching to do it. I want to keep it in the ACC and Clemson is the conference flagship for football in the ACC.

Personally I hope Clemson wins the title again this year and they definitely have the team and the coaching to do it. I want to keep it in the ACC and Clemson is the conference flagship for football in the ACC.
That’s what I’m saying.

Yeah I would be good with that. Right now everyone is riding the B1G train this year. It would be sweet to see the Tigers roll right thru them in the playoffs.

This may sound like sour grapes but Clemson is still not the same team. I have watched the OSU, LSU, Oklahoma,and Alabama this year and they will dog walk Clemson in the playoffs. If they think scoring 10 points at half is going to work they way Alabama can score this year there are delusional. I now see Clemson they way I saw Florida State as the bully that needs some act right. The announcers can sugar coat that no disrespect,they play themselves every week BS all they want. Clemson's ass whooping is coming and the Cards are going to give it to them in spades just like we did FSU.

Everybody thought the same thing about Clemson last year. They look like they are going through the motion but when they have to step up they do.

Reactions: Slam2121
The size of the Clemson WRs was pretty impressive. I thought the Cards had good coverage on a few plays Clemson still hit due to their size and talent.

Coach Satt is pissed at QB play. Both of them. This is a coach that understands where important improvements are needed. It’s what took away from a stellar defensive outing.

Reactions: Mayoman
Man - if it isn’t us, I don’t give a shit who wins the playoff. Clemson winning (again) doesn’t transfer anything to UofL. No offense but, leave that sack-hanging crap for those scrub fan bases in the sec.

Man - if it isn’t us, I don’t give a shit who wins the playoff. Clemson winning (again) doesn’t transfer anything to UofL. No offense but, leave that sack-hanging crap for those scrub fan bases in the sec.
I agree with the general sentiment but with the ACC being about as low as it has ever been on quality teams, having Clemson win it would help at least put our conference in the talks when speaking strength of competitiveness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT