ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: Class of 2026 Players UofL has contacted

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The direct contact period for the 2026 class opened today. Starting June 15th, college coaches are allowed to reach out to the rising junior class directly for the first time.

I wonder how many of these guys Kelsey really wants, vs. experienced players he can get in the Portal?

My guess is he'll want to have a few HS recruits every year but I can't see the Portal diminishing in importance that much. You just have no idea whether guys you invest in will remain more than a year, so why not get a veteran?

I wonder how many of these guys Kelsey really wants, vs. experienced players he can get in the Portal?

My guess is he'll want to have a few HS recruits every year but I can't see the Portal diminishing in importance that much. You just have no idea whether guys you invest in will remain more than a year, so why not get a veteran?
CPK says they are meticulous in scouting each player they offer. They have 4 or 5 criteria that any player has to meet before offering.

That said they have made 16 offers to the 2025 class so far. Seems they take a somewhat scattershot approach, making abundant offers, hoping to land a few HS kids along with the experienced portal guys each year.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT