ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Chairman Kirby Hocutt Speaks about Louisville...

Feb 19, 2003
From the article:

Hocutt mentioned without solicitation how impressed he is of Louisville, which lost in the closing minutes last week to Clemson.

"You think about, just as an example, the impression Louisville has made on me as one of the 12 [committee members] this year," Hocutt said. "I didn't know a lot about [quarterback] Lamar Jackson before this year. But I'll tell you what. There probably hasn't been a player in college football that has had a stronger impression on me at this point in time than that young man has."

If Louisville makes the playoff, the ACC might have two teams in the field. No conference has put two teams in during the CFP's brief history.

For a nonconference champion to make the playoff, "someone will have to demonstrate unequivocally to this committee that they're one of the best four teams in college football," Hocutt said. "That day will come. Will it be this year or in year four or five years? I don't know."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-scheduling-to-deserve-playoff-consideration/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT