ADVERTISEMENT

Jeffery Kessler article

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I read an article about attorney Jeffery Kessler the attorney who is representing student athletes in the case for NIL. A lot more changes are coming to college athletics. They are talking about making athlete’s employees of the universities. They are also saying that as of July this year all universities will be able to compensate athletes directly. In regards to the transfer portal all athletes will be able to transfer as often as they like and play immediately.

They will also be able to offer high school athletes money to go to their schools and be able to recruit athletes from other schools. The Power 4 schools will no longer have to share profits with the smaller schools. There is a lot of information in the article if you get a chance to read it you will see more changes are coming and they’re coming fast.

Reactions: 2330859
I read an article about attorney Jeffery Kessler the attorney who is representing student athletes in the case for NIL. A lot more changes are coming to college athletics. They are talking about making athlete’s employees of the universities. They are also saying that as of July this year all universities will be able to compensate athletes directly. In regards to the transfer portal all athletes will be able to transfer as often as they like and play immediately.

They will also be able to offer high school athletes money to go to their schools and be able to recruit athletes from other schools. The Power 4 schools will no longer have to share profits with the smaller schools. There is a lot of information in the article if you get a chance to read it you will see more changes are coming and they’re coming fast.
College sports are over forever. Thanks, lawyers.

The proverbial “$lippery $lope” has no $oft landing.

Amateur sports was a very good thing; I believe one can trace the beginning of the end of amateur status was when professionals were allowed to participate in the Olympics.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
If Brohm had not returned to UL I probably would have not followed College Sports at all. The last couple of years I have not followed college basketball like I used to. I really believe it is going to be very difficult for UL to be competitive at a very high level in more than a couple of sports going forward.

The proverbial “$lippery $lope” has no $oft landing.

Amateur sports was a very good thing; I believe one can trace the beginning of the end of amateur status was when professionals were allowed to participate in the Olympics.
Yeah, I never liked the pros being let in. The push for that happened when the Russians “beat” the American amateurs in 1972 (still think it was a bad call). It was exacerbated by the NCAA over regulation and inconsistent over zealous enforcement. They should have just followed a simple rule that student than do anything the student athletes can do anything student non-athletes can do, but must also maintain good academic standing. There would still have been payoffs, but at least it would have been open and fair. The old transfer rule should have been kept.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I think the transfer portal is ruining sports more than anything. The best chance to win a title in any sport is to keep your team together for 4 years.

While I hate what has happened to amateur sports, I find myself in a bit of a hypocritical position, as I believe the only way UL BB finds its way out of this disaster is through the same Portal that is part of the demise of amateur sports.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Total chaos just like the last 3 years in America. Who’s surprised?
We just need some balance and stability. It's clearly chaotic now. We need contracts. I also think there should be educational items built in to the contracts. For example, the athlete agrees to enroll in a certain number of hours each semester and remain in good standing. In return, the university guarantees his degree, even if injured and unable to play, or allows him to return and earn a degree if he leaves early at university expense.

We just need some balance and stability. It's clearly chaotic now. We need contracts. I also think there should be educational items built in to the contracts. For example, the athlete agrees to enroll in a certain number of hours each semester and remain in good standing. In return, the university guarantees his degree, even if injured and unable to play, or allows him to return and earn a degree if he leaves early at university expense.
Completely agree. Pretty sure the poster we both responded to wasn’t talking about the educational experience however.

You’re dam right, I was talking about the Neo liberal culture the dummycrats have fast tracked into this country.
You know - being a nitwit used to come with a fair amount of shame. Now - thanks to the internet - these individuals can find other like minded dunces to give them “likes” and, a false sense of security in their idiocy.

If there’s to actually be chaos here - it’ll be caused by these dipshits.

You know - being a nitwit used to come with a fair amount of shame. Now - thanks to the internet - these individuals can find other like minded dunces to give them “likes” and, a false sense of security in their idiocy.

If there’s to actually be chaos here - it’ll be caused by these dipshits.
The only nitwits in this country are leftest, liberals and democrats who vote for corrupt politicians whose only desire is to destroy America so they can Lord over the poor population they created. If you’re not smart enough to see what’s coming there’s no helping you.

Reactions: JTMPR
The only nitwits in this country are leftest, liberals and democrats who vote for corrupt politicians whose only desire is to destroy America so they can Lord over the poor population they created. If you’re not smart enough to see what’s coming there’s no helping you.
What did I tell you?

No shame…

@AnotherCFD, I’d LOVE to hear some specifics from you - WITHOUT clogging up the board and creating issues for the mods. Feel free to DM me with your thoughts on the topic and I’ll be happy to respond in kind.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I so wish the rapist under multiple indictments and ongoing criminal trials was in charge to lead another insurrection against democracy. Stop with the ****ing politics, boy.

I so wish the rapist under multiple indictments and ongoing criminal trials was in charge to lead another insurrection against democracy. Stop with the ****ing politics, boy.
If a person isn’t smart enough to see the communist tactics being used by Biden and the democrats then there is no helping them. Congrats!

What did I tell you?

No shame…

@AnotherCFD, I’d LOVE to hear some specifics from you - WITHOUT clogging up the board and creating issues for the mods. Feel free to DM me with your thoughts on the topic and I’ll be happy to respond in kind.
I made a fair comparison of the original post. It’s chaos just like Biden’s America. Sorry the truth hurts your feelings soy boy.

Oh boy! Six of one,half dozen of the other.
What kills me is the mimicking of leaders that like to name call or labeling with insults. It's that lack of character that gets you beat at the polls. Most Americans don't care for the continuing rhetoric. The guy that stays above the fray will probably come out on top. My 2 cents!

Now let's go get this series today against Clemson! See you all at the park..
Go Cards!!

Reactions: CardX
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT