ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs Clemson Game Chat

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Here's to a game of great O and D combined today for the Cardinals, putting that 4th quarter nightmares to rest and getting our first W against the almighty Clemson Tigers. GO CARDS!!!

We will be facing a good Clemson defense Cunningham needs to spread the ball around. I hope the coaches have learned that on 4th and 2 and we go for it everybody in the world knows Cunningham will be the one running the ball.

Don't know if I can stand waiting another 6 hours for the game to kickoff. Cards are due for some breaks and good luck in a Clemson game.

Go Cards beat the Tigers!!!

Here's to a game of great O and D combined today for the Cardinals, putting that 4th quarter nightmares to rest and getting our first W against the almighty Clemson Tigers. GO CARDS!!!
Heading to whip mix soon 😀

Reactions: Mayoman
Just watched Purdue win its second game over a top 5 team. Oh what could have been?

Jeff Brohm has virtually no running game. Their QB threw for over 500 yards today against a 3rd ranked team and won.

Now I'm about to watch the Cards take on a Clemson team they have never beaten. If there ever was a game where Louisville gets most of the breaks and gets an impressive win it's this game.

But will the play calling frustrate the fans again. It's going to be very difficult to run against the Tigers. Unless of course they run some misdirection or reverses or any type of creative running plays.

We will see.

Defense was not ready on that TD pass. Safety was asking his teammate when the ball was snapped. Every team runs a hurry up on the Cards.

More questionable play calling. Last two possessions we run on 1st down for no gain. We put ourselves in 3rd down so fast.

We always give too much cushion on short passes enabling teams to march down field on us.

How come we never go for a TD on a long pass when we have the ball with 18 seconds on the clock.

I just love it when the announcers in the booth call for a targeting call, the refs don't stop the game to take a look at it....and on the next play where a Card defender hits the RB up the middle from the side and the announcers again call it from the booth.

This time the refs stop to take a look and there it is...targeting call, very questionable one at that. I suppose they want Clemson to win this game too. Targeting calls are ruining this game of FB for me. How about you guys?

I'm sorry guys but I am more than ready for this season to end. For whatever reason, it's just not in the Cards. We should be up big against what has to be the weakest Clemson team in a decade.

And it's the same shit. Questionable play calling, unfortunate flags and straight up unlucky plays. No matter what it is, we don't take advantage of it or we waste opportunities.

The opponent brings in the backup QB on the spot and he runs a 20 yard play that puts them near the red zone. Just a lucky play and without it, they wouldn't have gotten that three points.

Then the BS targeting gives them the ball near the goal line and they get a TD.

That 10 points Clemson got were pure gifts from Louisville. I believe we should would win. We have the much better QB and RB's but something tells me it will come down to which team gets lucky.

And we all know how that usually goes with this matchup.

• Wow
I just love it when the announcers in the booth call for a targeting call, the refs don't stop the game to take a look at it....and on the next play where a Card defender hits the RB up the middle from the side and the announcers again call it from the booth.

This time the refs stop to take a look and there it is...targeting call, very questionable one at that. I suppose they want Clemson to win this game too. Targeting calls are ruining this game of FB for me. How about you guys?
Oh it's close for me to give up on the game. I love college football but the targeting inconsistencies are simply ridiculous. That was in no way a penalty on Fagot. And I think if it's not called on the field there should be no replay.

Oh it's close for me to give up on the game. I love college football but the targeting inconsistencies are simply ridiculous. That was in no way a penalty on Fagot. And I think if it's not called on the field there should be no replay.
I agree. If not called on the field there should be no review. So sick of the BS announcers impacting the game like that. Sob's can rot in hell. And that is how I truly feel about it.

You know the replay official heard that he may have missed a possible targeting so he was ready to make up for it.

Still, the Cards ineptitude on too many offensive possessions is why the game is tied. It is a rare occurrence to see Louisville have three consecutive big plays in a roll. There always seems to be a 6 yard loss or holding penalty that derails the drive.

I cannot ever see myself being confident with Satterfield calling the plays.

I didn’t think it was targeting either I thought Fagot’s initial hit was at the shoulder pads and then his head slid up.

I don’t want to hear about a down Clemson team there recruiting is in the top 10 every year. Everybody on their roster is a high ranked recruit.

See, here ya go. Why such a short kickoff? We take the lead and then give it right up with something rarely seen.

Oh no fellas, that didn't look good. If we lose Malik we are officially cursed, jinxed and snake bitten.

Well, looks like the same ol scenario is in progress. Cards can't hold a lead because they can't avoid 3 and outs when they have the ball.

It's bewildering as anything I've seen in sports.

I agree winding down to what will look like another disappointing loss. I hope I am wrong but we have seen this movie to often.

I have to say the defense deserves so much praise. They're all getting injured because they're playing so hard. It's a shame that our feeble play caller refuses to go and win these close games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT