ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm + Purdue

OldStyle1902

No-Ranking Prospect
Aug 20, 2002
First off, I come in peace and have nothing but respect for the city of Louisville and UL.

I am surprised your fanbase seems so quick to try and run your greatest football coach in history out of town. Back in 2005 Joe Tiller hit a bump in the road with a young rebuilding team that opened the season 2-6 and ultimately missed a bowl game for the first time in 10 years. A good portion of Boiler nation tried to run Tiller out of town and regretted it 3 years later when we hired the first of back to back BAD hires. Bobby has earned at least "one" rebuilding year with such a young team and his offense is already coming around...

I am also surprised at the arrogance your fanbase has towards Brohm's current situation at Purdue. Over the past couple of years Purdue has really invested in big boy football with an amazing football only complex that you can put up against OSU or Clemson along with unlimited resources and support coach Brohm and his family could ever want to build a championship program. Purdue has made stadium upgrades and is about to launch a new significant South Endzone project to close in the current beer garden and seating. Attendance is close to capacity with a huge sold out student section that would rival any major football program. Brohm came to Purdue to build a championship program and in two quick years is already on the cusp of competing for the West division.

Why would he want his alma mater who is already in a really bad place financially to spend 20M to to put him in the awkward position of replacing a L'ville legend? He has a great gig at Purdue and is building something really special in the best conference in college football. Purdue is a much better gig now than it was 3 years ago and is currently the better job vs Louisville. The President, BOT and AD are all aligned and serious about building a championship program. I know first hand the Brohm family is loving West La La and the Purdue community. Maybe at the end of the current Petrino contract he can think about going home again after Purdue plays in back to back Rose Bowls...

Good luck the rest of the way and Boiler Up!

Last edited:
Agree with a lot of what you’re saying, especially the part about not being so quick to fire Petrino. The part I have to disagree with is your characterization of UofL’s financial state and Purdue’s facilities. UofL just completed a $63 million expansion that included all of the football facilities. Nobody in the country has better facilities than UofL does.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Here comes the Boiler Calvary.

Lets rock.

You know Mark Jackson started the Golden State recent dynasty. He was fired and GS won the Finals the next season. No im not saying Brohm would do the same next year.

Petrino not only no longer has that fire, he wasted having a Heisman player by never winning 10 games and going to a major bowl. He EASILY lost 5 games that would have equaled Strong winning 23 games in back to back years.

Another poster already stated this, so i'll rehash it. Imagine if Drew Brees was the Head Coach here at UofL and doing good things while Purdue is trending down. The fans would rightfully clamor for Brees to come home.

UofL has had 3 coaches poached because of their success. Its our turn. Brohm has stated that he wants to be head coach here at Louisville. Its not a matter of if, but when.

The majority of fans are ready for a Head coaching change. And the guy to replace him is Jeff Brohm........

Reactions: td75
Fans are always ready but timing is everything and the timing is way off here.
I would suggest putting your energy into a real DC...

Purdue is a great gig now this is not Indiana or KY.

Nope.
Not waiting 5 years.

Cant affotd to wait. Did that with kragdud.
He coached here 3 yrs to long. Set the program back years.

Were not having back to back home games of 40,000 SuCkS and Notre Dame fans.

If Petrino was out today, Brohm would be here in 3 hrs.

First off, I come in peace and have nothing but respect for the city of Louisville and UL.

I am surprised your fanbase seems so quick to try and run your greatest football coach in history out of town. Back in 2005 Joe Tiller hit a bump in the road with a young rebuilding team that opened the season 2-6 and ultimately missed a bowl game for the first time in 10 years. A good portion of Boiler nation tried to run Tiller out of town and regretted it 3 years later when we hired the first of back to back BAD hires. Bobby has earned at least "one" rebuilding year with such a young team and his offense is already coming around...

I am also surprised at the arrogance your fanbase has towards Brohm's current situation at Purdue. Over the past couple of years Purdue has really invested in big boy football with an amazing football only complex that you can put up against OSU or Clemson along with unlimited resources and support coach Brohm and his family could ever want to build a championship program. Purdue has made stadium upgrades and is about to launch a new significant South Endzone project to close in the current beer garden and seating. Attendance is close to capacity with a huge sold out student section that would rival any major football program. Brohm came to Purdue to build a championship program and in two quick years is already on the cusp of competing for the West division.

Why would he want his alma mater who is already in a really bad place financially to spend 20M to to put him in the awkward position of replacing a L'ville legend? He has a great gig at Purdue and is building something really special in the best conference in college football. Purdue is a much better gig now than it was 3 years ago and is currently the better job vs Louisville. The President, BOT and AD are all aligned and serious about building a championship program. I know first hand the Brohm family is loving West La La and the Purdue community. Maybe at the end of the current Petrino contract he can think about going home again after Purdue plays in back to back Rose Bowls...

Lol - I don’t think “respect” means what you think it means. Thanks for being the latest Boil fan to stop by and reveal how little they know about the situation. Perhaps we can get the hundredth one a Jeff Brohm signed Louisville hat. They might have to wait about 5 months or so, but it’ll be worth it!

Fans are always ready but timing is everything and the timing is way off here.
I would suggest putting your energy into a real DC...

Purdue is a great gig now this is not Indiana or KY.
If purdoo was such a great gig - all you fools wouldn’t be here desperately trying to convince us of that - it would simply speak for itself.

Your knowledge of the timing reminds me of all those uconn fans, and their knowledge about why they - and not UofL - were going to be in the ACC.

Gonna work out the same for you chumps.

The money to bounce BP won’t come from the university. Donors, boosters are the ones likely to ante up. So, no problem there.

Honest question, where has brohm said Louisville is his dream job?

Look, we know how it is when your HC is coveted by another, but try to keep it together. His dad played at UofL. His older brother played at UofL. His younger brother played at UofL. Hell, his cousin’s son played at UofL. He, of course, too, played at UofL. He’s coached at UofL. He’s from Louisville. He bleeds black and red. UofL’s AD and he, they went to the same high school. What more do you need? And, I’m saying this not being a “bring Brohm to Louisville” guy. Not yet, at least.

Look, we know how it is when your HC is coveted by another, but try to keep it together. His dad played at UofL. His older brother played at UofL. His younger brother played at UofL. Hell, his cousin’s son played at UofL. He, of course, too, played at UofL. He’s coached at UofL. He’s from Louisville. He bleeds black and red. UofL’s AD and he, they went to the same high school. What more do you need? And, I’m saying this not being a “bring Brohm to Louisville” guy. Not yet, at least.
Hold what together? I simply was wondering where these words could be found since everyone always mentions it. I think it's a fair question. One no one can actually answer.
One thing he wouldn't have at Louisville is to coach for the cradle of QB's. Which he and his brother were. Because of where he works, he was able to talk to the very soon to be NFL leader in passing yards.

But who said he had any interest in starting over again and replacing a Louisville legend after one bad season? He has a great gig and situation at Purdue and let’s just say your AD is kind of a trainwreck right now...

Hold what together? I simply was wondering where these words could be found since everyone always mentions it. I think it's a fair question. One no one can actually answer.
One thing he wouldn't have at Louisville is to coach for the cradle of QB's. Which he and his brother were. Because of where he works, he was able to talk to the very soon to be NFL leader in passing yards.

There go you Purdue fans with that “cradle of quarterbacks blah, blah, blah” again. How many Heisman Trophy quarterbacks does Purdue have again?

But who said he had any interest in starting over again and replacing a Louisville legend after one bad season? He has a great gig and situation at Purdue and let’s just say your AD is kind of a trainwreck right now...

Don't bother trying to reason with them. They think Purdue is a lower tier program than Louisville, which makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. They think Brohm is coming back to Louisville to be their savior. Little do they know, if he leaves Purdue he won't be going backwards to coach Louisville. BTW as I'm typing this, Brees just broke the record via a touchdown pass. Wow!

Denial is always interesting to watch.

Denial is always interesting to watch.
What's interesting to watch is you avoiding my question at all cost. I'll ask again in case you forgot, where did Brohm say he wants to coach at Louisville?

What's interesting to watch is you avoiding my question at all cost. I'll ask again in case you forgot, where did Brohm say he wants to coach at Louisville?

Whew, the denial is strong with this one.

There go you Purdue fans with that “cradle of quarterbacks blah, blah, blah” again. How many Heisman Trophy quarterbacks does Purdue have again?

Purdue’s QB history>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UL’s QB history. Not even close.

What am I denying?

It’s that bad, eh, the denial? That Brohm doesn’t want to leave Purdue for Louisville. I mean, maybe you’re right. You certainly wouldn’t come here because you’re confident he’d stay.

Purdue’s QB history>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UL’s QB history. Not even close.
What metric you using to say UL's QB's have been better in the NFL then Purdues's? Most starts? Most Superbowls?

You “come in peace” and then call us arrogant? Take a hike boiler boy!

It’s that bad, eh, the denial? That Brohm doesn’t want to leave Purdue for Louisville. I mean, maybe you’re right. You certainly wouldn’t come here because you’re confident he’d stay.
I never said that. I asked where he is quoted saying he wants the Louisville job because it's his dream job.

Where?

In Louisville - that’s where. To his family and friends who have conveyed that desire to others. I said this in another thread - I was told personally by one of Oscar’s lifelong friends that Oscar told him point blank at lunch a week and a half ago - that JB would absolutely come to UofL if the opportunity presented itself. But I’m sure you and the other boils know better than the guy’s father.

Try using your common sense if you have any.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
WTF does that have to do with whether Brohm would leave purdoo to come to Louisville?

Sweet baby jeebus, you boils are really grasping at straws in your desperation.

Where?

In Louisville - that’s where. To his family and friends who have conveyed that desire to others. I said this in another thread - I was told personally by one of Oscar’s lifelong friends that Oscar told him point blank at lunch a week and a half ago - that JB would absolutely come to UofL if the opportunity presented itself. But I’m sure you and the other boils know better than the guy’s father.

Try using your common sense if you have any.
I take a lot of small talk like that with a grain of salt. Lots of he heard she heard. I'm not really worried. Purdue presents him a great opportunity to win. I'm more curious if Louisville can afford him 1 and 2 will they overpay to the tune of like 5 mil to get him. If they do, Purdue will go find another really good coach. Program is no longer a joke. I honestly came over here to see what was being said about the 2020 DE that decommitted.

WTF does that have to do with whether Brohm would leave purdoo to come to Louisville?

Sweet baby jeebus, you boils are really grasping at straws in your desperation.
Again, not desperate. It's just funny how it's assumed he's going to Louisville, who has a coach, just like it was assumed he was going to Tennessee.

I take a lot of small talk like that with a grain of salt. Lots of he heard she heard. I'm not really worried. Purdue presents him a great opportunity to win. I'm more curious if Louisville can afford him 1 and 2 will they overpay to the tune of like 5 mil to get him. If they do, Purdue will go find another really good coach. Program is no longer a joke. I honestly came over here to see what was being said about the 2020 DE that decommitted.

You’re not really worried?

Ok

Ha ha.

Lol - reality is starting to set in. Now it’s “will Louisville overpay for him” and if you do “we’ll find another coach because purdoo is awesome” sniff, sniff.

Grain of salt? You’d be better off taking it with a Xanax - or some rat poison - your choice.

Again, not desperate. It's just funny how it's assumed he's going to Louisville, who has a coach, just like it was assumed he was going to Tennessee.
He accepted the Tennessee job. The powers to be just hated the AD so much they nixed the deal in order to fire the AD. Remember? Brohm was ready to get out of West Lafayette then, you were just fortunate that Tennessse can’t seem to get out of their own way!

Reactions: BPGhost
Who knows what Louisville will end up doing, but a previous poster is right, timing is everything. I am not real sure Louisville can wait if the season ends up the way it looks like.

Problem 1 The fan support for Petrino was declining even before this year. Once a football staff loses the fan base it is almost impossible to get it back. I don't see any changes he could make to get the fans back on his side outside of winning down the stretch. He has had to much turnover in his staff over the years so I am not real sure changing assistants is going to help excite the fan base.

Problem 2 is recruiting takes a hit, Lousivlle doesn't have the history so negative recruiting really does impact them. Next years class isn't looking good and it looks like they may whiff on all the highly rated local players. Recruiting is the life blood of any program when it starts going in the wrong direction waiting a year could cripple a program for a long time. No one on staff is a stud recruiter. This year is a small class so it is a good time to make a coaching move.

Problem 3 players aren't playing for the coaches. It is easy to tell teams that love playing for their guy. That is not happening in year 5.

Brohm is a Louisville guy, which basically means he would leave a similar program to come home. No need to compare the two programs they are basically identical at this point. Good programs not great. The issue of money is legit, nobody knows if Louisville will be able to come up with what will be needed or if they can afford the revenue hit if they keep him if he finishes 2-10 or 3-9.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT