ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm + Purdue

He accepted the Tennessee job. The powers to be just hated the AD so much they nixed the deal in order to fire the AD. Remember? Brohm was ready to get out of West Lafayette then, you were just fortunate that Tennessse can’t seem to get out of their own way!
Really? Others say they never offered. Maybe Purdue matched the salary Tennessee offered and Tennessee decided he wasn't worth 4.5-5 mil. It's well know the Brohm family is very happy in West Lafayette and he is getting everything he needs and wants to win.

I’m not sure what that means. You’re clearly worried. You wouldn’t be here otherwise, unless you’re a blue neck pretending, which is always possible, because they’re obsessed.
I said I came over here to see why the 2020 4 star recruit decommitted. Saw this post. And ya. Why am I worried about a coach whose doing really well at Purdue leaving for another job which has a coach.

He accepted the Tennessee job. The powers to be just hated the AD so much they nixed the deal in order to fire the AD. Remember? Brohm was ready to get out of West Lafayette then, you were just fortunate that Tennessse can’t seem to get out of their own way!
Truth be told - Louisville was fortunate as well - a real program like ut would have been way more difficult to pull JB from. Thank goodness he’s still with the boils.

First off, I come in peace and have nothing but respect for the city of Louisville and UL.

I am surprised your fanbase seems so quick to try and run your greatest football coach in history out of town. Back in 2005 Joe Tiller hit a bump in the road with a young rebuilding team that opened the season 2-6 and ultimately missed a bowl game for the first time in 10 years. A good portion of Boiler nation tried to run Tiller out of town and regretted it 3 years later when we hired the first of back to back BAD hires. Bobby has earned at least "one" rebuilding year with such a young team and his offense is already coming around...

I am also surprised at the arrogance your fanbase has towards Brohm's current situation at Purdue. Over the past couple of years Purdue has really invested in big boy football with an amazing football only complex that you can put up against OSU or Clemson along with unlimited resources and support coach Brohm and his family could ever want to build a championship program. Purdue has made stadium upgrades and is about to launch a new significant South Endzone project to close in the current beer garden and seating. Attendance is close to capacity with a huge sold out student section that would rival any major football program. Brohm came to Purdue to build a championship program and in two quick years is already on the cusp of competing for the West division.

Why would he want his alma mater who is already in a really bad place financially to spend 20M to to put him in the awkward position of replacing a L'ville legend? He has a great gig at Purdue and is building something really special in the best conference in college football. Purdue is a much better gig now than it was 3 years ago and is currently the better job vs Louisville. The President, BOT and AD are all aligned and serious about building a championship program. I know first hand the Brohm family is loving West La La and the Purdue community. Maybe at the end of the current Petrino contract he can think about going home again after Purdue plays in back to back Rose Bowls...

Good luck the rest of the way and Boiler Up!

Ok, I will trade you Bobby for Jeff!

Last edited:
I thought your fan base was better than KY or IU. Where is the loyalty to your greatest coach of all-time? Brohm is better than that and so is Purdue.

Really? Others say they never offered. Maybe Purdue matched the salary Tennessee offered and Tennessee decided he wasn't worth 4.5-5 mil. It's well know the Brohm family is very happy in West Lafayette and he is getting everything he needs and wants to win.
You’re right purdoo went toe to toe with Tennessee when it came to something (anything really) football related. :rolleyes:

Your delusion knows no bounds.

Reactions: wilkie01
You’re right purdoo went toe to toe with Tennessee when it came to something (anything really) football related. :rolleyes:

Your delusion knows no bounds.
I mean, Purdue is paying Brohm the same as they are paying Pruitt. And we provide an easier path to a conference championship.

I thought your fan base was better than KY or IU. Where is the loyalty to your greatest coach of all-time? Brohm is better than that and so is Purdue.

Why did you guys pull the plug on Joe Tiller’s hand picked successor Danny Hope? That seemed like a very callous way to treat your legendary coach.

Fans are always going to assume their coach isn't going to leave their program. ALWAYS.......and most of the time they're always wrong.

Xavier fans said it. Look where Chris Mack is.
Memphis fans said it. Look where Cal is.
Kansas fans said it. Look where Roy Williams is.
Tennessee fans said it, Lane Kiffin still went to USC.
West Virginia fans said it, Rich Rod still went to Michigan.
Boise State fans said it, Peterson still went to Washington
FSU fans said it, Jimbo still went to TAMU
Wisconsin fans said it, Bert Beilema still went to Arkansas

Louisville may not fire Petrino at the end of the year. But if they do I would bet a very hefty chunk of change that Brohm will be named coach within 48 hours of his firing.

Somebody interview her.

jen-bielema-vegas-594x594_crop_north.jpg

Call me crazy but I don't think you're too worried about whether the fan base is loyal to Petrino as much as you don't want to lose Brohm.

Petrino's hire was "iffy" with a lot of the fan base to begin with. He had his ups and downs during his first 4 years but if you've paid attention you'd know there's a lot of internal things going on that are more than wins and losses...and there's the entire administration change that's occurred as well.

I can't speak for everyone obviously but from my perspective, Petrino never had a ton of absolute supporters. Most fans seemed to tolerate him more so than celebrate him and that's partly due to his demeanor. But as I've said on here in other threads, I'm not sure if my perspective is relevant to most fans as I've been wanting to get rid of Petrino for two years.

Fans are always going to assume their coach isn't going to leave their program. ALWAYS.......and most of the time they're always wrong.

Xavier fans said it. Look where Chris Mack is.
Memphis fans said it. Look where Cal is.
Kansas fans said it. Look where Roy Williams is.
Tennessee fans said it, Lane Kiffin still went to USC.
West Virginia fans said it, Rich Rod still went to Michigan.
Boise State fans said it, Peterson still went to Washington
FSU fans said it, Jimbo still went to TAMU
Wisconsin fans said it, Bert Beilema still went to Arkansas

Louisville may not fire Petrino at the end of the year. But if they do I would bet a very hefty chunk of change that Brohm will be named coach within 48 hours of his firing.

And Purdue dude a picture is worth a thousand words!
brohm.jpg

Fans are always ready but timing is everything and the timing is way off here.
I would suggest putting your energy into a real DC...

Purdue is a great gig now this is not Indiana or KY.

LOL! You have a seriously delusional sense of importance in the football world. and if you think the Big 10 is the best conference in football you really need to put down the crack pipe

I still cant see this new regime buying P out for 14million, pay brohms buyout, and then guve brohm 5million a year when they wasnt trying to give mack 4million a year.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
20m reasons you will have no choice but to wait.
Boiler Up!

Wait - we have monopoly money ready to rain. Where's Pac-Man Jones when you need him? We'll invite him to the signing party.

Louisville fans need to give Petrino (with all his "Dang it Bobby!" moments) a mulligan for this year, and hope he figures it all out and it gets better the next 2 seasons. His dad died in the days before bama, his father in law died a few days before Georgia Tech. I agree, something else is off, and we all have to go to work after family tragedies. However, I'm willing to give the mulligan. His overall body of work earns it. This isn't unreasonable, the team is playing tons of highly-rated freshmen and sophomores. He needs to do some soul searching. Get him all fired up, motivated, and pissed off. I would never ever advocate having an affair, but maybe someone can get him a subscription to Hot Volleyball Chicks Illustrated or something, tell him Mark Stoops is a better coach than him.

I jest (somewhat), but seriously, Brohm buyout is $20M and Petrino $6-$14M (depending on what you read) and ain't nobody got time for that.

Aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I still cant see this new regime buying P out for 14million, pay brohms buyout, and then guve brohm 5million a year when they wasnt trying to give mack 4million a year.

It's not rocket science ... UofL received $26.5 million from the ACC in 2016-17, and that was three years before the ACC will start the ACC Network. That also doesn't include any of the money UofL makes from ticket sales for Men's Basketball and Football.

As another poster said, most of Petrino's buyout would come from corporate donors, but the athletic department itself could chip in some of its $125 million annual budget to pay $14 million to buy Petrino out.

Now ... having said that, I want none of it to happen. I want Petrino to turn this around this weekend and get a win to go into the bye week at 3-4. Then I want him to beat Wake Forest, scare the crap out of Clemson, and pull the upset at Syracuse before getting hard fought wins against NC State and UK.

Then, just like 2015, we win the bowl game against an SEC foe and head into next season with borderline top 25 buzz and a "prove it" game against Notre Dame....

I want Petrino to turn this around this weekend and get a win to go into the bye week at 3-4. Then I want him to beat Wake Forest, scare the crap out of Clemson, and pull the upset at Syracuse before getting hard fought wins against NC State and UK.

Then, just like 2015, we win the bowl game against an SEC foe and head into next season with borderline top 25 buzz and a "prove it" game against Notre Dame....

This part of the post got me fired up!!!!! I like it.

Or is it FARRRRRR'D up

All u BObby haters U of L doesn't have 20 million to buy him out dnt know why people didn't understand finances

Uhl hav to furgive me if i dont takE yur werd for how much monie Uof L has to buy out BObby.
Bobby Petrino may have picked a good time for a bad year.

Much as frustrated fans and overwrought talk-show types might want the University of Louisville to fire its football coach, a University of Louisville Athletic Association board member thinks Petrino’s $14 million buyout could be prohibitive.

“The university is not in a position to buy him out,” Tom Meeker said Monday.

Money is tight. Donations are down. The Hickman Camp Fund, whose $16.8 million balance represented more than two-thirds of ULAA’s available funds at the end of 2017, lost more than half of its value through basketball coach Chris Mack’s buyout from Xavier University and U of L’s settlement with former athletic director Tom Jurich.

Much as frustrated fans and overwrought talk-show types might want the University of Louisville to fire its football coach, a University of Louisville Athletic Association board member thinks Petrino’s $14 million buyout could be prohibitive.

Money is tight. Donations are down. The Hickman Camp Fund, whose $16.8 million balance represented more than two-thirds of ULAA’s available funds at the end of 2017, lost more than half of its value through basketball coach Chris Mack’s buyout from Xavier University and U of L’s settlement with former athletic director Tom Jurich.
I'll raise your cut and paste job with one of my own - however mine is of my own thoughts, just from another thread.

The crux of the article are the statements from Tom Meeker. Whereas his statement regarding the university "not being in a position" to buy Petrino out - might be technically true - nor or they in a position to sit back and watch the program slide into the point where a total rebuild would be required. How much money will you have when there are 25K fans in the stands? There will no doubt have to be some partnership between the university and donors - both corporate and individual to make it happen. I believe that the will is there on the donor side and, I believe that grissom's interest in finishing what he started - specifically includes the removal of the last vestige - Petrino.

Where Meeker completely lost all credibility regarding the current situation IMO, is when he made the said that he believed that the "program was in good hands". Given that the topic was Petrino - I'll assume that he was specifically talking about Petrino's influence on the program. There is no objective metric that an unbiased and knowledgeable person could look at the state of the football program right now and believe that it - from a coaching perspective - is "in good hands".

Reactions: HRTheCard

Basically, this is a statement to the corporate community that, if they are so unhappy that they want Petrino replaced, they are going to have to open their wallets.

Which is basically something we've been saying on here for a while now: namely, if it ever happens, the money to buy Petrino out will largely come from big corporate donors.

Basically, this is a statement to the corporate community that, if they are so unhappy that they want Petrino replaced, they are going to have to open their wallets.

Which is basically something we've been saying on here for a while now: namely, if it ever happens, the money to buy Petrino out will largely come from big corporate donors.

It is a call for help without begging!

It is a call for help without begging!

Yell put your money were your mouth is

Please pay absolutely NO ATTENTION to these Purdue people. Purdue is a fine academic institution, it really is, but they've typically been mediocre in football. Listening to their BS, you would think they are a top 20 program.

I'm a longtime IU football fan AND a Louisville football fan. I was at the Redbird Stadium game when johnny majors and the Tennessee Vols kicked our ass. I want Brohm at UofL because I like UofL and it will obviously help IU spank Purdue in the Bucket game.

Purdue thinks their football program is some really special program. Hell, it's actually no better than Kentucky's football program!!! I can't wait for JB to come home to Louisville!!!

Please pay absolutely NO ATTENTION to these Purdue people. Purdue is a fine academic institution, it really is, but they've typically been mediocre in football. Listening to their BS, you would think they are a top 20 program.

I'm a longtime IU football fan AND a Louisville football fan. I was at the Redbird Stadium game when johnny majors and the Tennessee Vols kicked our ass. I want Brohm at UofL because I like UofL and it will obviously help IU spank Purdue in the Bucket game.

Purdue thinks their football program is some really special program. Hell, it's actually no better than Kentucky's football program!!! I can't wait for JB to come home to Louisville!!!

Facts are hard for you to grasp. Kentucky is below .500 historically while Purdue is above .500. UK is better than IU’s pathetic excuse of a program though. All IU fans have is hoping Brohm leaves because they know he’d own them for years.

Lets all be honest here.....we're all basketball schools and trying to argue about who's the best of the mid-tier power 5 programs isn't like its tons of bragging rights.

I don't know anything about Purdue football except Drew Brees went there. I was stunned Brohm took the job to be honest but he's done well there in a short time and he's recruiting great. His recruiting and personality and the way he seems to inspire kids that wouldn't normally pick Purdue...to pick them is the absolute #1 reason why I want him. You can't win without talent and I've never thought Petrino was ever going to recruit well enough to UL a national contender.

Lets all be honest here.....we're all basketball schools and trying to argue about who's the best of the mid-tier power 5 programs isn't like its tons of bragging rights.

I don't know anything about Purdue football except Drew Brees went there. I was stunned Brohm took the job to be honest but he's done well there in a short time and he's recruiting great. His recruiting and personality and the way he seems to inspire kids that wouldn't normally pick Purdue...to pick them is the absolute #1 reason why I want him. You can't win without talent and I've never thought Petrino was ever going to recruit well enough to UL a national contender.
Speak for yourself man. UofL has been to 2 BCS bowls, had a Heisman winner, and been in playoff contention in my life time....and Im barely out of my 20s.

We are not Alabama or Clemson, but UofL is not in the same dumpster as UofK or Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT