ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm + Purdue

Speak for yourself man. UofL has been to 2 BCS bowls, had a Heisman winner, and been in playoff contention in my life time....and Im barely out of my 20s.

We are not Alabama or Clemson, but UofL is not in the same dumpster as UofK or Purdue.

And I'm 30 and Purdue went to the Rose Bowl and should of had a Heisman winner in Drew Brees also had Kyle Orton who had some Heisman consideration until that season went up into smoke. They also played in some big time bowl games. Purdue from 2008-2012 was mediocre and 2012-2016 was a dumpster fire. Now they are back on the rebound

I’m not arguing that currently Louisville’s reputation and stature are drastically higher than Purdue’s. I think even Purdue would agree with that. My only comment was that in the overarching scheme of college football we’re all sort of all in the same category. I mean Louisville has only been in a major conference for 5 years.

I’m not arguing that currently Louisville’s reputation and stature are drastically higher than Purdue’s. I think even Purdue would agree with that. My only comment was that in the overarching scheme of college football we’re all sort of all in the same category. I mean Louisville has only been in a major conference for 5 years.

I'd agree with that 100% except IU is beneath UL, UK, and Purdue

And I'm 30 and Purdue went to the Rose Bowl and should of had a Heisman winner in Drew Brees also had Kyle Orton who had some Heisman consideration until that season went up into smoke. They also played in some big time bowl games. Purdue from 2008-2012 was mediocre and 2012-2016 was a dumpster fire. Now they are back on the rebound
Shoulda woulda coulda.....you dont. Simple as that

Purdue is unique as we could arguably be considered more of a football school when the program is rolling like it was under Tiller and now Brohm. Hoops has a good tradition but not like UL, UK or IU.

Except one has a Heisman trophy winner and 2 bcs bowl wins and one doesn't...but yea, when you take those away, you're right bud

If those were the only things a program were judged on sure. Can’t look at just the last decade.

Purdue’s QB history>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UL’s QB history. Not even close.
Legit question, other than Drew Brees and Griese who you all got?

From where I’m sitting we’ve had Johnny Unitas (huge nfl success and has a college award named after him), Teddy B, LJ, Chris Redman and the Brohms all had great college careers. Hell even Nagle and Ragone were pretty dang good college QB’s.

You and 1987 are talking shit about how Purdue football is so much better than Louisville. Keep in mind 2 things.

1. Your best record in the past 10 years is 7-6.
2. Our worst record in the last 6 years is 8-5.

From where I’m sitting we’ve had Johnny Unitas (huge nfl success and has a college award named after him), Teddy B, LJ, Chris Redman and the Brohms all had great college careers. Hell even Nagle and Ragone were pretty dang good college QB’s.

You and 1987 are talking shit about how Purdue football is so much better than Louisville. Keep in mind 2 things.

Kyle Orton, Jim Everett, Scott Campbell, Mark Herrmann, Gary Danielson, Mike Phipps, and Len Dawson.

Kyle Orton, Jim Everett, Scott Campbell, Mark Herrmann, Gary Danielson, Mike Phipps, and Len Dawson.
I’ve heard of Orton and Campbell. And orton was hated by the fans because he was grossly overpaid for the product he put on the field. And I see there was no answer about the record...

I have to LOL at this "subjective" slicing of data. LOL!

Purdue has a fine history, there is no doubt about it. It all comes down to whether or not Jeff Brohm wants to come home to his city of birth and alma mater if/when the time comes.

I can honestly say that I have never heard of one of those guys.

Then you should probably tip-toe out of this conversation.

Also, some other dude who went to Purdue broke the all-time NFL passing yards records on Monday. Like 72,000 yards or something, and my guess is he gets to about 74-75k here in a few months. It's realistic that he'll hit 85k or even 90k if he stays away from injury at the age of 39. Brady has shown you can stay in the game into your 40's.

Mods please don't ban me for this, but you guys bashing Purdue are really looking like asses. I mean that in a friendly way. But you need to stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldCard and earsky

Also, some other dude who went to Purdue broke the all-time NFL passing yards records on Monday. Like 72,000 yards or something, and my guess is he gets to about 74-75k here in a few months. It's realistic that he'll hit 85k or even 90k if he stays away from injury at the age of 39. Brady has shown you can stay in the game into your 40's.

Mods please don't ban me for this, but you guys bashing Purdue are really looking like asses. I mean that in a friendly way. But you need to stop.

Asses LoL.

No one is bashing Purdue.
People are bashing the blind Boiler fans.
As soon as Peteino us out of here, whenever that may be, Brohm WILL BE THE NEXT COACH AT UofL.

Youre just salty because no one worships your failed hero Petrino anymore.

Try and keep up.

And oh yeah. 1,or 2,Purdue posters have insulted UofL. 1 called it a commuter school.

Last edited:

All due respect Morgantown, perhaps you need to reread the OP - the one talking about coming here out of respect and then talking about Louisville fans’ arrogance, the university’s ruinous financial position and the collective lack of understanding that Brohm equates west layfayette with nirvana - the place not the band.

Any bashing of purdoo came after that - and the other handful of boil fans that showed up to spout the same line of BS. Do I think UofL is a better football and athletic program than purdoo? Absolutely but, reasonable people could certainly disagree.

The real question is if UofL is a better football program for Jeff Brohm and more importantly, does Brohm think that? That’s the part these boil fan can’t - or don’t want to - get. I have nothing against purdoo - I haven’t thought more than 10 seconds about it my entire adult life. But when you come uninvited and talk shit - people are going to call you out on it.

I hope things eventually work out to where Brohm wildly successful and is the next Louisville coach. In the immediate, today, I hope Petrino turns this around like he turned that hot volleyball player chick around. Regardless if he does or doesn't this year, he gets a mulligan from me for this year. If in your eyes that makes him my hero, then that's more your interpretation problem than mine.

All due respect Morgantown, perhaps you need to reread the OP - the one talking about coming here out of respect and then talking about Louisville fans’ arrogance, the university’s ruinous financial position and the collective lack of understanding that Brohm equates west layfayette with nirvana - the place not the band.

I read his post. It was Purdue-slanted, but it was reasonable. FARR'N Bobby and HARR'N Jeff would be very, very expensive, he's not wrong on that. Maybe the Brohm family does love the area and the support there so far. Wanting to "come home" at some point and appreciating what he currently has aren't mutually exclusive. I don't see what's so disrespectful about anything the OP said. If anything, the OP and others like him fear losing Brohm to "home" or else the OP wouldn't be posting here about it....so take it as a sign of respect instead of disrespect.

I can honestly say that I have never heard of one of those guys.

Yikes and you’re in your early 30’s? Some of those guys are a bit older but I’m wondering how you’ve never heard of Kyle Orton. Guy was a stud at Purdue (got them to a top 5 ranking his senior year) and played in the NFL for several years.

I read his post. It was Purdue-slanted, but it was reasonable. FARR'N Bobby and HARR'N Jeff would be very, very expensive, he's not wrong on that. Maybe the Brohm family does love the area and the support there so far. Wanting to "come home" at some point and appreciating what he currently has aren't mutually exclusive. I don't see what's so disrespectful about anything the OP said. If anything, the OP and others like him fear losing Brohm to "home" or else the OP wouldn't be posting here about it....so take it as a sign of respect instead of disrespect.
I took more as a sign that he didn’t know what he was talking about. Something being expensive has never stood in the way of UofL still being able to get it done when it was determined to be the correct move. And I never said JB couldn’t be or wasn’t happy in his current job - I hope he is - I just believe that he’ll be much happier when he’s here.

LeFors!

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
This guys a joke. He doesn’t understand the Brohm ties to UofL. And certainly doesn’t understand just how good UofL facilities are. He’s basically throwing smoke and hoping it doesn’t occur. Who knows when, but the minute we want Brohm home he’s here. Money isn’t an issue.

This guys a joke. He doesn’t understand the Brohm ties to UofL. And certainly doesn’t understand just how good UofL facilities are. He’s basically throwing smoke and hoping it doesn’t occur. Who knows when, but the minute we want Brohm home he’s here. Money isn’t an issue.
You know this for sure? I've never heard Brohm say one time UofL is his dream job.

It’s all typical Big 10+4 arrogance. IU Bloomington fans in our area are like this as well. Just because they are “Big 10+4”, they automatically think they are better than everyone. They love to aim it at the state of Kentucky as well. Hence, the “commuter college” comment a few lines above.

You know this for sure? I've never heard Brohm say one time UofL is his dream job.

I don’t know that he said it his dream job, but the Brohm family is very tight with the University. Obviously they’ve played FB here for numerous generations. It’s pretty common knowledge that he wants to come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT