ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Purdue killing it again.

Going to Louisville is not even a lateral move for brohm not sure why he would take the job and the conference is not as stable as the Big Ten wishful thinking on your guy's part and don't even think he's that good of a coach anyway

Reactions: 2330859
Going to Louisville is not even a lateral move for brohm not sure why he would take the job and the conference is not as stable as the Big Ten wishful thinking on your guy's part and don't even think he's that good of a coach anyway

This may come as a shock but it is quite possible the ties Jeff, Greg and Brian have to the city and to the university are enough to outweigh the perceived downgrade you mention.

He just signed an extension unless there is a “Louisville clause” the buyout will probably make it very expensive. That is where it gets difficult on a average coach.

I keep saying timing hasn’t been right. Last year is when it needed to happen because the buyout was low. Apparently the Vince and President didn’t agree to move on from Satterfield.

Knucklehead: I thought the same thing when Jeff was offered the UL HC position; but it is clear that despite Oscar’s encouraging him to accept the challenge, he rejected and kept Brian and Greg at Purdue.

As 228 pointed out, the Purdue job and the BIG10 conference are well above this UL opportunity and/or the security inside the ACC.

It should be evident by now that Jeff is his own man and makes his own career decisions. I honestly believe the best chance of the Brohms returning to UL was when it was offered initially and he rejected.

There are two (3) scenarios that could play out with Brohm; one is where he has success at Purdue and they extend his contract with increased compensation to keep him. The second scenario is where Purdue beats OSU and Michigan and his stock climbs beyond all expectations, in which a legendary coach and destination job like Saban and Alabama see Jeff as the best candidate to replace a retiring champion. The 3rd scenario is Purdue loses to IU and fails to preserve the expectations that Boilermaker fans expect, and he does not receive the necessary confidence to obtain job security.

Only if the third scenario occurs is Jeff likely to even be available as a candidate for UL. In that situatio, most Cardinal faithful will question how he could be successful here if he failed at Purdue.

Reactions: gocds
Knucklehead: I thought the same thing when Jeff was offered the UL HC position; but it is clear that despite Oscar’s encouraging him to accept the challenge, he rejected and kept Brian and Greg at Purdue.

As 228 pointed out, the Purdue job and the BIG10 conference are well above this UL opportunity and/or the security inside the ACC.

It should be evident by now that Jeff is his own man and makes his own career decisions. I honestly believe the best chance of the Brohms returning to UL was when it was offered initially and he rejected.

There are two (3) scenarios that could play out with Brohm; one is where he has success at Purdue and they extend his contract with increased compensation to keep him. The second scenario is where Purdue beats OSU and Michigan and his stock climbs beyond all expectations, in which a legendary coach and destination job like Saban and Alabama see Jeff as the best candidate to replace a retiring champion. The 3rd scenario is Purdue loses to IU and fails to preserve the expectations that Boilermaker fans expect, and he does not receive the necessary confidence to obtain job security.

Only if the third scenario occurs is Jeff likely to even be available as a candidate for UL. In that situatio, most Cardinal faithful will question how he could be successful here if he failed at Purdue.
It’s Knucklehank. Anyways, Jeff saying he would be interested came from Jeff’s own mouth multiple times in the past 5 months. He has said it both privately and publicly. He also publicly talked about why the timing wasn’t right 4 years ago. In general I agree the Big Ten offers a bigger platform but I don’t think the conference situation plays as big a role for someone like Jeff.

The one positive if Brohm ever was to be the coach.He is probably is the only one that would not bolt if he had success. All others would have no loyalty to the city or the school. Which I think both is a hard sell currently!

Reactions: BPGhost
Hank ....... automatic spell check, I can assure you that it was not intentional.

I would never try to speak for any of the Brohm family (who, by the way, I like every single one of them and appreciate their huge contribution to UL), but the comments that Jeff made were what one would expect given his and his family roots here in the Ville. If you and others believe that Jeff was encouraging UL and the numerous Brohm family fans to believe he would like to return here; at least think about the possibility that it could be a solid strategy to get Purdue, to once again, step up their compensation to retain him. I am not suggesting that was his intent, but I would be careful assigning Jeff's words that contradict his actions when he rejected the UL offer to return here when most everyone expected that he would.

Hank ....... automatic spell check, I can assure you that it was not intentional.

I would never try to speak for any of the Brohm family (who, by the way, I like every single one of them and appreciate their huge contribution to UL), but the comments that Jeff made were what one would expect given his and his family roots here in the Ville. If you and others believe that Jeff was encouraging UL and the numerous Brohm family fans to believe he would like to return here; at least think about the possibility that it could be a solid strategy to get Purdue, to once again, step up their compensation to retain him. I am not suggesting that was his intent, but I would be careful assigning Jeff's words that contradict his actions when he rejected the UL offer to return here when most everyone expected that he would.

Damn autocorrect…it’s all good. This is a message board so I know it’s fwiw. I can assure you that Jeff has privately made comments that would indicate strong interest in returning. I could see the public comments as building leverage but the private comments do not.

In a more meaningful development; our in-state rival (UK) loses to USC Jr for the first time in a long while. Levis injury (in a boot) took UK from a double digit favorite in front of a sold out Kroger Field, to a loss where they were down by 17 points in the 4th quarter.

C Rodriguez is a beast, but the “6 in the box” defense successfully contained him in numerous situations. If UK can not get Levis back soon, they will be vulnerable the rest of the way.

Yes, Jeff’s win yesterday was a huge one in terms of BIG10 conference race.

I'll say or ask it once again. When did Jeff Brohm prove that he was worthy of the head coaching job at the University of Louisville? In my opinion he has not proven that. Poodoo is not a better job than UofL and the Big10 is not really a better football conference than the ACC. Once again, just my own dadgum opinion and I'm entitled to that. I love what Jeff AND the Brohm family has meant to UofL but that does not give them, or anyone else for that matter, the obligation for UofL or our fans to be totally and completely loyal to them. In fact, any loyalty should be the other way around. UofL has been good to the Brohm family by providing them an excellent education and the ability to stay home at the same time. The price of that is enormous. My own family has experienced education from UofL and my loyalties are with UofL but I expect nothing else from UofL except their continued effort at excellence.

GO CARDS!!!

I'll say or ask it once again. When did Jeff Brohm prove that he was worthy of the head coaching job at the University of Louisville? In my opinion he has not proven that. Poodoo is not a better job than UofL and the Big10 is not really a better football conference than the ACC. Once again, just my own dadgum opinion and I'm entitled to that. I love what Jeff AND the Brohm family has meant to UofL but that does not give them, or anyone else for that matter, the obligation for UofL or our fans to be totally and completely loyal to them. In fact, any loyalty should be the other way around. UofL has been good to the Brohm family by providing them an excellent education and the ability to stay home at the same time. The price of that is enormous. My own family has experienced education from UofL and my loyalties are with UofL but I expect nothing else from UofL except their continued effort at excellence.

GO CARDS!!!
How does one prove that they are “worthy” in your book? How did Cooper, JLS, BP, HWSNBN, CS or Satterfield prove it before they were hired? Brohm has been a successful OC and HC at both the G5 & P5 level.

He doesn’t owe anything to UofL and UofL doesn’t owe him anything either. With that said, were UofL to move on from Satterfield - who do you think checks more specific boxes for UofL and someone where there would be legitimate reason to believe they would be interested in the job - than JB?

UofL is in one of the best conferences in the USA. There are a ton of young coaches out there that would love to have our position. JB has done a fair to average job as a head coach. I, personally, think UofL deserves better than an average head coach. JB does have the UofL past as an asset and a winning record but I want more than that for my University football program. I do believe that the Brohm family has UofL's best interest at heart. I would support any new coach at UofL whether his name is Brohm or not. I just think we could be attractive to more "successful" coaches than JB and that's not a slam on Jeff.

GO CARDS!!!

• Haha
Reactions: SNOOOOP
UofL is in one of the best conferences in the USA. There are a ton of young coaches out there that would love to have our position. JB has done a fair to average job as a head coach. I, personally, think UofL deserves better than an average head coach. JB does have the UofL past as an asset and a winning record but I want more than that for my University football program. I do believe that the Brohm family has UofL's best interest at heart. I would support any new coach at UofL whether his name is Brohm or not. I just think we could be attractive to more "successful" coaches than JB and that's not a slam on Jeff.

GO CARDS!!!
UofL is in a conference that has a tenuous grip on relevance moving forward. There is a better than average chance that those ACC programs named as desirable by the SEC and B1G will test the GOR in court. Should that happen and they either win or negotiate a settlement, the ACC will go hurtling into G5 status and UofL could be back to the days of the AAC.

There are certainly young coaches who would love to be the HC of - really any - P5 program and UofL more than some but, that desire as we’ve seen time and time again - is simply one to move up another rung on the coaching ladder. There’s no loyalty to UofL - it’s always about the next job. Additionally as we’ve also seen plenty - despite any success they’ve had as a P5 coordinator or, a smaller school HC - many (most?) coaches are simply not up to the task when they make the jump.

Brohm successfully made the jump from WKU to purdoo. purdoo was terrible when he got there - their last winning season was 2011 and they were 15-46 in the 5 seasons prior to Brohm being hired. The fact that he’s 28-29 thus far has been a dramatic turnaround - which is why his pay has been consistently increased. That to me - shows a proven track record of solid performance.

Despite your previous assertion - the ACC is not anywhere close to as difficult as the B1G top to bottom. It is therefore realistic to suggest that Brohm would be more successful here than there and I think that he would get the program back to winning 8 - 10 games a season.

I’ll ask again, if not Brohm - who specifically do you think would be better?

That is the whole point and why patience is needed. There are no home run hires that would make Louisville a Top 25 program.

A change is probably coming but the season needs to play out.

UofL is in a conference that has a tenuous grip on relevance moving forward. There is a better than average chance that those ACC programs named as desirable by the SEC and B1G will test the GOR in court. Should that happen and they either win or negotiate a settlement, the ACC will go hurtling into G5 status and UofL could be back to the days of the AAC.

There are certainly young coaches who would love to be the HC of - really any - P5 program and UofL more than some but, that desire as we’ve seen time and time again - is simply one to move up another rung on the coaching ladder. There’s no loyalty to UofL - it’s always about the next job. Additionally as we’ve also seen plenty - despite any success they’ve had as a P5 coordinator or, a smaller school HC - many (most?) coaches are simply not up to the task when they make the jump.

Brohm successfully made the jump from WKU to purdoo. purdoo was terrible when he got there - their last winning season was 2011 and they were 15-46 in the 5 seasons prior to Brohm being hired. The fact that he’s 28-29 thus far has been a dramatic turnaround - which is why his pay has been consistently increased. That to me - shows a proven track record of solid performance.

Despite your previous assertion - the ACC is not anywhere close to as difficult as the B1G top to bottom. It is therefore realistic to suggest that Brohm would be more successful here than there and I think that he would get the program back to winning 8 - 10 games a season.

I’ll ask again, if not Brohm - who specifically do you think would be better?
Your ignorance about the ACC and UofL's past history of growing our athletics is beyond belief. We struggled for years and years with relevance and if you had been around for a while then you would know that. Relevance is exactly what the ACC gave UofL BOTH athletically and academically. The vast majority of UofL fans understand this. And, yes, the ACC is very comparable to ANY and all other Power 5 conferences. The NCAA and the national press do understand that. Getting into a pissing contest about the ACC versus the BIG10 or the SEC or any other power 5 conference is NOT what this discussion is about. We were not only blessed but downright lucky to get an invitation to the ACC. And I, for one, am very pleased about that.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: SoulSr
Your ignorance about the ACC and UofL's past history of growing our athletics is beyond belief. We struggled for years and years with relevance and if you had been around for a while then you would know that. Relevance is exactly what the ACC gave UofL BOTH athletically and academically. The vast majority of UofL fans understand this. And, yes, the ACC is very comparable to ANY and all other Power 5 conferences. The NCAA and the national press do understand that. Getting into a pissing contest about the ACC versus the BIG10 or the SEC or any other power 5 conference is NOT what this discussion is about. We were not only blessed but downright lucky to get an invitation to the ACC. And I, for one, am very pleased about that.

GO CARDS!!!
The key to conference affiliation was it gave Louisville the chance to compete for titles. With the expanded playoff coming the ACC will have seat at the table. That is all we should care about.

The other part of this the ACC is the best conference for Louisville. With the right coach and recruiting they can compete with everyone in the conference. Let’s say Clemson, FSU and Miami leave even better as long as the ACC can contend for the playoff. Louisville just moves up the food chain.

It is the perfect conference for all the non revenue sports. They are competitive in the majority of sports if not dominate.

Football and basketball figure it out then everything only gets better.

GO CARDS!!!
Interesting - I was under the impression that we were discussing current events as they impacted UofL. You call me ignorant and yet, which one of my statements was incorrect?

1. The SEC and B1G have made aggressive moves to expand into other markets by effectively luring top programs from the Big 12 and PAC 12. The SEC and B1G have made no secret about the fact that they are not finished with expanding with other programs currently part of other conferences. As a result, the resulting TV deals for those two conferences are providing 2-3 times the annual revenue than any other P5 conference.

2. At current, no less than 4-6 ACC schools (not including Notre Dame) have been approached about joining either the SEC or B1G and if you listen to their administrators and read the reporting, they are actively looking for ways to invalidate or negotiate a reduction in the ACC GOR so that they could jump to one of those conferences for the money.

3. UofL is not now, nor do they appear to be one of those programs targeted by the SEC or B1G. Should the ACC GOR not hold and programs like Clemson, UVA, FSU, UNC, and Miami leave the ACC, the ACC would either be forced to add G5 schools or, merge with the BIG 12 or risk being shut out of the CFB playoffs and frankly, that may not even be enough. In that scenario, UofL would indeed be back into a situation like they were at the end of the Big East / AAC.

4. It is PRECISELY my knowledge as a long-time UofL fan of the struggles to be included at one of the big boy tables that leads me to be concerned for the future. The ACC has indeed provided UofL with relevance but now, the ACC is under attack and past relevance doesn't predict future relevance.

If, as you suggest, the ACC is very comparable to all other P5 conferences, why do they have multiple members looking to leave? Why would you have a greater understanding of the situation than the national press whose job it is to report/understand such matters? Why have there been multiple meetings between the ACC, PAC12 & BIG12 discussing how they defend themselves from the SEC and B1G?

The discussion was about whether Brohm was qualified to be considered as the HC should Satterfield be let go. You were the one that started talking about conferences - rather than answer a simple question. Additionally, you may want to take a look in the mirror prior to saying someone else is ignorant.

Interesting - I was under the impression that we were discussing current events as they impacted UofL. You call me ignorant and yet, which one of my statements was incorrect?

1. The SEC and B1G have made aggressive moves to expand into other markets by effectively luring top programs from the Big 12 and PAC 12. The SEC and B1G have made no secret about the fact that they are not finished with expanding with other programs currently part of other conferences. As a result, the resulting TV deals for those two conferences are providing 2-3 times the annual revenue than any other P5 conference.

2. At current, no less than 4-6 ACC schools (not including Notre Dame) have been approached about joining either the SEC or B1G and if you listen to their administrators and read the reporting, they are actively looking for ways to invalidate or negotiate a reduction in the ACC GOR so that they could jump to one of those conferences for the money.

3. UofL is not now, nor do they appear to be one of those programs targeted by the SEC or B1G. Should the ACC GOR not hold and programs like Clemson, UVA, FSU, UNC, and Miami leave the ACC, the ACC would either be forced to add G5 schools or, merge with the BIG 12 or risk being shut out of the CFB playoffs and frankly, that may not even be enough. In that scenario, UofL would indeed be back into a situation like they were at the end of the Big East / AAC.

4. It is PRECISELY my knowledge as a long-time UofL fan of the struggles to be included at one of the big boy tables that leads me to be concerned for the future. The ACC has indeed provided UofL with relevance but now, the ACC is under attack and past relevance doesn't predict future relevance.

If, as you suggest, the ACC is very comparable to all other P5 conferences, why do they have multiple members looking to leave? Why would you have a greater understanding of the situation than the national press whose job it is to report/understand such matters? Why have there been multiple meetings between the ACC, PAC12 & BIG12 discussing how they defend themselves from the SEC and B1G?

The discussion was about whether Brohm was qualified to be considered as the HC should Satterfield be let go. You were the one that started talking about conferences - rather than answer a simple question. Additionally, you may want to take a look in the mirror prior to saying someone else is ignorant
What makes you think the ACC will be left out of the playoffs? That is a pretty big leap. Last I check the ACC is good until probably 2030. At that time it may make financial sense to get out of the GOR.

ACC football is better than you give it credit for. It clearly needs a couple of teams to get right. Big Ten is basically Ohio State and Michigan. The rest are OK teams. Let’s not hype them up too much. The SEC is a different animal but again in terms of dominance it is Alabama and Georgia. They have more that can be really good but outside of those 2 others have fallen off.

What makes you think the ACC will be left out of the playoffs? That is a pretty big leap. Last I check the ACC is good until probably 2030. At that time it may make financial sense to get out of the GOR.

ACC football is better than you give it credit for. It clearly needs a couple of teams to get right. Big Ten is basically Ohio State and Michigan. The rest are OK teams. Let’s not hype them up too much. The SEC is a different animal but again in terms of dominance it is Alabama and Georgia. They have more that can be really good but outside of those 2 others have fallen off.
If you read the post that you replied to, then you know why I think that there is a realistic scenario that could play out that would leave the ACC out of the playoffs. Doesn't mean that it will happen and, the ACC, PAC12 & BIG12 are actively taking steps to try and prevent it but, prevention didn't stop USC and UCLA from leaving the PAC12 or Texas and Oklahoma from leaving the BIG12.

There are multiple reports - and actual quotes from the administrators of ACC teams that are coveted by the SEC and B1G - that those schools are actively looking at ways to get out of the ACC GOR prior to it ending in 2036. If those (football marquis) schools were to leave the ACC - it would be devastating in terms of the conference moving forward with respect to having any leverage with TV networks.

ACC football is fine but let's be realistic - outside of Clemson, there has not been any ACC presence consistently inside the top 10 and only FSU has a CFB playoff appearance. Of the other P5 conferences, only the BIG 12 has been less represented - with Oklahoma as the only CFBP participant. If we are being objective - there are several schools in the SEC and B1G were they to be in the ACC would be considered at the top year in and year out to win a division or the conference - LSU, UF, TxA&M from the SEC and Penn St. and Wisky from the B1G. Who besides Clemson could you point to in the ACC as a program that would challenge year in and year out in the SEC or B1G?

The ACC was clearly built as a basketball conference and the shift to the overwhelming importance of football has not helped.

If you read the post that you replied to, then you know why I think that there is a realistic scenario that could play out that would leave the ACC out of the playoffs. Doesn't mean that it will happen and, the ACC, PAC12 & BIG12 are actively taking steps to try and prevent it but, prevention didn't stop USC and UCLA from leaving the PAC12 or Texas and Oklahoma from leaving the BIG12.

There are multiple reports - and actual quotes from the administrators of ACC teams that are coveted by the SEC and B1G - that those schools are actively looking at ways to get out of the ACC GOR prior to it ending in 2036. If those (football marquis) schools were to leave the ACC - it would be devastating in terms of the conference moving forward with respect to having any leverage with TV networks.

ACC football is fine but let's be realistic - outside of Clemson, there has not been any ACC presence consistently inside the top 10 and only FSU has a CFB playoff appearance. Of the other P5 conferences, only the BIG 12 has been less represented - with Oklahoma as the only CFBP participant. If we are being objective - there are several schools in the SEC and B1G were they to be in the ACC would be considered at the top year in and year out to win a division or the conference - LSU, UF, TxA&M from the SEC and Penn St. and Wisky from the B1G. Who besides Clemson could you point to in the ACC as a program that would challenge year in and year out in the SEC or B1G?

The ACC was clearly built as a basketball conference and the shift to the overwhelming importance of football has not helped.
Once again, you offer ONLY your opinion and you are entitled to that. But with that being said, I truly believe my opinion carries at least as much weight as your opinion. Also I think more people agree with me rather than your negative take on all things related to UofL athletics and, indeed, academics. But only time will tell. I believe UofL would compete as well in the B1G as we do in the ACC. Clemson, Miami and FSU would, in my opinion, compete well in any conference in the US when it comes to football. If you want to discuss basketball then UofL competes very well with ANY of the schools in the SEC or BIG and that goes for several ACC schools. I simply don't get your negative take on the ACC and UofL's future.

GO CARDS!!!

The national media, and more specifically the “talking heads” have very little credibility, as their consultations, opinions and predictions are based on what they either invent, or at best repeat what other media folks are telling them.

The reality is that is is the University Presidents, Board of Trustees and State Governors making the decisions about conference alignment. in the case of UL, it was our AD (TJ) who had the unique support from Dr Ramsey in making the decision about first joining the Big 12, only to be rejected and pursuing the ACC. I suspect other Universities have AD with that level of influence, but I also suspect it is the minority.

The ACC is in excellent shape and regardless of what Clemson or FSU might decide to do, the conference has no reason to dismantle itself. Frankly, I see no reason that either Clemson, FSU or even Miami would gain anything by leaving the ACC, but all three (3) need to look no further than where Tx A&M and Jimbo Fisher finds themselves after joining the SEC, to get a glimpse of what it would be like competing week in and week out against schools who have just as much support for their football programs as they have for themselves.

Once again, despite having what most would agree is a down year for Clemson …… they are undefeated and ranked #5 in the country. If they were playing in the SEC, they would not be undefeated, and quite likely out of any NC discussion. Why in the hell would they leave the ACC?

Once again, you offer ONLY your opinion and you are entitled to that. But with that being said, I truly believe my opinion carries at least as much weight as your opinion. Also I think more people agree with me rather than your negative take on all things related to UofL athletics and, indeed, academics. But only time will tell. I believe UofL would compete as well in the B1G as we do in the ACC. Clemson, Miami and FSU would, in my opinion, compete well in any conference in the US when it comes to football. If you want to discuss basketball then UofL competes very well with ANY of the schools in the SEC or BIG and that goes for several ACC schools. I simply don't get your negative take on the ACC and UofL's future.

GO CARDS!!!
Perhaps try responding to the reply to your post before getting your panties all bunched up about a response to another poster.

Do us both a favor and tell me specifically what I’ve posted that’s primarily opinion - mine or otherwise. I’ve posted a series of objective facts that point to the possibility of less than desirable outcomes for the P5 conferences that aren’t the SEC or B1G. That’s not me being negative about UofL in the slightest and, there hasn’t been a word said by me regarding UofL’s academics, so I have no idea where you’re pulling that from.

Your “opinion” is that of an ACC homer - no shame in that but, you’re on an island with some of your thoughts. As I said, Clemson is indeed a heavyweight and would compete well in any conference it was in. Miami? You’ve got to be joking. In the 18+ years Miami has been in the ACC - they have ONE divisional title in 2017. FSU’s last conference title was 2014 and are 50-41 since then.

Lastly, this is not a basketball discussion. Football - for better or for worse - is king and basketball is unfortunately falling further and further down the totem pole. That is part of the ACC’s perception problem - that it is a conference built on basketball in a football universe.

I welcome your reply but if you do, try some bringing some specifics to your opinion - rather than getting all huffy about mine.

The national media, and more specifically the “talking heads” have very little credibility, as their consultations, opinions and predictions are based on what they either invent, or at best repeat what other media folks are telling them.

The reality is that is is the University Presidents, Board of Trustees and State Governors making the decisions about conference alignment. in the case of UL, it was our AD (TJ) who had the unique support from Dr Ramsey in making the decision about first joining the Big 12, only to be rejected and pursuing the ACC. I suspect other Universities have AD with that level of influence, but I also suspect it is the minority.

The ACC is in excellent shape and regardless of what Clemson or FSU might decide to do, the conference has no reason to dismantle itself. Frankly, I see no reason that either Clemson, FSU or even Miami would gain anything by leaving the ACC, but all three (3) need to look no further than where Tx A&M and Jimbo Fisher finds themselves after joining the SEC, to get a glimpse of what it would be like competing week in and week out against schools who have just as much support for their football programs as they have for themselves.

Once again, despite having what most would agree is a down year for Clemson …… they are undefeated and ranked #5 in the country. If they were playing in the SEC, they would not be undefeated, and quite likely out of any NC discussion. Why in the hell would they leave the ACC?
I understand that it’s fashionable to crap on the media but the reporting done on conference realignment has mostly been spot on. It is a reflection of reporting on conference commissioners, university presidents, ADs and most importantly - network personnel. To suggest that the average fan - you for example - have a better understanding of the factors at play is laughable. Particularly when fans get 99.99% of their information from reading the reporting.

Television is making the decisions about conference realignment. To suggest anything else is ridiculous. Do you honestly think that the president of USC or UCLA think it’s a good idea to be in the same conference as Rutgers?? Of course they don’t - that is unless they see by doing so they can triple the TV money they get annually - which will be almost 100M per for the schools of the B1G.

You want to know what the ACC schools have to gain by going to the SEC or B1G? Boatloads of extra cash - that’s all - lol. Miami and FSU don’t compete for titles in the ACC now - you don’t think that an additional 50-75M a year might make it worth their while to continue to be mediocre? They sure do - which is why they’re on record as trying to figure out how to get around the ACC GOR.

Honestly, some of you need to cancel your subscription to “Behind the Times” as out of date as your thinking is…

One thing college presidents like more than anything else is money. That is what drives the discussions. Unfortunately, the Big 10 and SEC have more eyeballs that want to see their product so they command (alot) more money.

Reactions: gocds and BPGhost
One thing college presidents like more than anything else is money. That is what drives the discussions. Unfortunately, the Big 10 and SEC have more eyeballs that want to see their product so they command (alot) more money.
At last - someone else who knows what they’re talking about weighs in…

Show us the increased revenue that Clemson and ND will receive when joining another P5 conference.

Most of these conference realignments began with the BIG12, based on their own conference affiliation issues that date back decades.

I have no problem with media reporting events, what I have a problem with is media making predictions on their own. For every reported event by media that materialized, there are so many more rumors, innuendo and empty predictions that come from these unaccountable media folks.

Show us the increased revenue that Clemson and ND will receive when joining another P5 conference.

Most of these conference realignments began with the BIG12, based on their own conference affiliation issues that date back decades.

I have no problem with media reporting events, what I have a problem with is media making predictions on their own. For every reported event by media that materialized, there are so many more rumors, innuendo and empty predictions that come from these unaccountable media folks.
The reality is the GOR is buying the ACC time. It is up to Louisville and others to seriously invest in Football since it is paying the bills.

The 12 playoff is a significant development. That only helps the other conferences like PAC 10 and Big 12.

Revenue wise ACC is 3rd and they just have to close the gap. They will never over take the SEC and Big 10.

ESPN has to have the ACC. It is in their best interest to keep them healthy. There is no guarantee they will keep the SEC. The truth is none of us know the future of conference realignment.

It is up to Louisville to improve and become a winning program. They do that conference realignment doesn’t matter.

The numbers are very easy to find. Big 10 schools are getting $80M+. ACC schools are less than half.

GO CARDS!!!
Jeff Brohm has been to a bowl game every year but one as a head coach, went 9-4 last season and beat UT in a bowl game and Purdue is in first place in their Big 10 Division today and a couple plays away from being undefeated. Yeah, he's not qualified to take over at UofL (heavy sarcasm).

Please show me where I ever said "he's not qualified to take over at UofL". I know you can't because I never said that. I believe the Brohm family has UofL's best interest at heart but I just happen to believe there are more successful coaches out there that would love to have the UofL job. If I'm wrong then so be it. I would support any new coach at UofL. As it stands right now I'm supporting CSS and his staff. Plus bringing a new coach in simply because they graduated from UofL is folly.

GO CARDS!!!

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Please show me where I ever said "he's not qualified to take over at UofL". I know you can't because I never said that. I believe the Brohm family has UofL's best interest at heart but I just happen to believe there are more successful coaches out there that would love to have the UofL job. If I'm wrong then so be it. I would support any new coach at UofL. As it stands right now I'm supporting CSS and his staff. Plus bringing a new coach in simply because they graduated from UofL is folly.

GO CARDS!!!
I understand it wasn’t my post you were responding to but, I’ll take a crack anyway.

“JB has done a fair to average job as a head coach. I, personally, think UofL deserves better than an average head coach.”

There was also this statement. “When did Jeff Brohm prove that he was worthy of the head coaching job at the University of Louisville? In my opinion he has not proven that.”

While that is not saying that he’s “not qualified” it’s a pretty close second. What you have said repeatedly, is that you think that there are a “more successful coaches out there that would love to have the UofL job” without saying who you think those individuals are and, why you think they’d want to come to UofL. Care to expound on that?

I understand it wasn’t my post you were responding to but, I’ll take a crack anyway.

“JB has done a fair to average job as a head coach. I, personally, think UofL deserves better than an average head coach.”

There was also this statement. “When did Jeff Brohm prove that he was worthy of the head coaching job at the University of Louisville? In my opinion he has not proven that.”

While that is not saying that he’s “not qualified” it’s a pretty close second. What you have said repeatedly, is that you think that there are a “more successful coaches out there that would love to have the UofL job” without saying who you think those individuals are and, why you think they’d want to come to UofL. Care to expound on that?
No because I believe my comment(s) are self explanatory.

GO CARDS!!!

No because I believe my comment(s) are self explanatory.

GO CARDS!!!
Lol - wut?

How could your comments be self-explanatory when you’ve not included any specifics? You say that Brohm is average, hasn’t proven he’s worthy of the job and, UofL deserves someone better than average. You then say there are a ton of coaches out there that would love the job and you allude to them being better choices than Brohm but despite being asked multiple times, you never mention any names.

You’re like a lot of people these days - you are completely convinced of your opinion yet you can’t provide any evidence or explanation to back it up. You’re willing to die on that hill - you just don’t know why. The only thing for sure is that there’s no amount of reason, logic or specifics that could change your mind.

#feelingsoverfacts

Lol - wut?

How could your comments be self-explanatory when you’ve not included any specifics? You say that Brohm is average, hasn’t proven he’s worthy of the job and, UofL deserves someone better than average. You then say there are a ton of coaches out there that would love the job and you allude to them being better choices than Brohm but despite being asked multiple times, you never mention any names.

You’re like a lot of people these days - you are completely convinced of your opinion yet you can’t provide any evidence or explanation to back it up. You’re willing to die on that hill - you just don’t know why. The only thing for sure is that there’s no amount of reason, logic or specifics that could change your mind.

#feelingsoverfacts
Well like YOU I am entitled to my opinion and the explanation really not need to go any further than that. But, with that being said, I believe I've explained myself. It is just what it is. And I'll say it again, Jeff Brohm has done a very average job as the head coach at Purdue. Once again, that is simply my opinion. If you think he has done a great job then that's fine and dandy but I simply disagree on the "great" part. WTH I truly wish he had set the coaching world on fire but that just hasn't happened. But once again, this is simply my opinion.

GO CARDS!!!

Well like YOU I am entitled to my opinion and the explanation really not need to go any further than that. But, with that being said, I believe I've explained myself. It is just what it is. And I'll say it again, Jeff Brohm has done a very average job as the head coach at Purdue. Once again, that is simply my opinion. If you think he has done a great job then that's fine and dandy but I simply disagree on the "great" part. WTH I truly wish he had set the coaching world on fire but that just hasn't happened. But once again, this is simply my opinion.

GO CARDS!!!
So the takeaway is (once again) you provide zero names who in “your opinion” would be better than the “very average” Jeff Brohm.

Thanks for proving my point with respect to facts vs. feelings. We’re (much to your relief I’m sure) officially done here.

So the takeaway is (once again) you provide zero names who in “your opinion” would be better than the “very average” Jeff Brohm.

Thanks for proving my point with respect to facts vs. feelings. We’re (much to your relief I’m sure) officially done here.
Thank you.

GO CARDS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT