ADVERTISEMENT

Big Picture for this Season

I love revisiting old topics! This is great! Enoch’s coming back...Nwora’s coming back...and Zipp is proven wrong again! What a great day! I forgot about this thread, thanks for bumping Ghost!

Reactions: SoulSr and BPGhost
I love revisiting old topics! This is great! Enoch’s coming back...Nwora’s coming back...and Zipp is proven wrong again! What a great day! I forgot about this thread, thanks for bumping Ghost!
Happy to do so. Just a shame that zippy didn’t have the intestinal fortitude to accept the bet...

Reactions: Firewalker_
Happy to do so. Just a shame that zippy didn’t have the intestinal fortitude to accept the bet...
LOL... You mean I couldn't get a chicken $hit, tap dancing stalker to follow thru? You're right...

And you've never been more right about me being dunked on...
Lol - you’ve just proven why entering into any sort of agreement with you - contractual (lulz), handshake, gentleman’s or otherwise, is an utter waste of time. As has been proven here time after time and more importantly, as you’ve confessed to various government agencies, you have no honor.

Lol - you’ve just proven why entering into any sort of agreement with you - contractual (lulz), handshake, gentleman’s or otherwise, is an utter waste of time. As has been proven here time after time and more importantly, as you’ve confessed to various government agencies, you have no honor.
Someone ask this guy my favorite song, color, or restaurant. He knows...

Defense rests.

And I should have said "she wants to know"...

03Tigerbeat2-articleLarge.jpg

Its kind of pointless arguing with Zipp on this point. This team sticking together and being a great team next year is something he is hoping doesn't happen. Mack being successful does not jive with his goals for the program.

His "reaction" to the news they decided to return has certainly shown much joy lololol

Can't predict irrational behavior, and never said I could. You got me!!

Goal posts moving! Prior to the decision your "they are all gone" never included disclaimers. In fact, when other posters tried to claim reasons why the players weren't ready to turn pro, you shut them down and said all of that did not matter. You said they were gone. Period.

Not only have their decisions egged your face here (which clearly really matters to you), you are now stuck being torn between rooting against them, and rooting for them. While you will want the team to do well, you will be hoping that their draft stock doesn't somehow rise in the process. At this point, it is fair for readers to even wonder if you want the team to do well. You seem highly invested in the opposite. Self awareness not your go to though.

You're just kind of cornered. Good luck man.

Goal posts moving! Prior to the decision your "they are all gone" never included disclaimers. In fact, when other posters tried to claim reasons why the players weren't ready to turn pro, you shut them down and said all of that did not matter. You said they were gone. Period.

Not only have their decisions egged your face here (which clearly really matters to you), you are now stuck being torn between rooting against them, and rooting for them. While you will want the team to do well, you will be hoping that their draft stock doesn't somehow rise in the process. At this point, it is fair for readers to even wonder if you want the team to do well. You seem highly invested in the opposite. Self awareness not your go to though.

You're just kind of cornered. Good luck man.
Oh wow, thanks for laying it out there...I had no idea things were so bad! :p

Where posters like you get it wrong about me is that I don't "root" for that much to happen. Nor do I have to. I want U of L teams to succeed, but that doesn't carry over to much else. It doesn't even involve players or coaches that much. I've grown to like coaches like Walz and McDonnell a lot more than others. And players who walk on and play for little more than the honor of wearing their uniform are more special. Beyond that, I don't really care.

And if/when I"m right, "rooting" isn't in the equation. What I expect usually happens, and it makes me neither happy nor sad. This stuff isn't worth getting emotional about since it's 98% recreation.

But believe what you wanna believe, and superimpose your POV on mine. You can knock yourself out, but it doesn't matter to me...

Can't predict irrational behavior, and never said I could. You got me!!
NBA to Enoch we aren't going to draft you, go back to school work on rebounding, defense and passing.
NBA to Nwora you aren't a 1st round pick, but work on your defense you will probably be a 1st round pick possibly lottery.

Irrational let's go pro.
Logical let's go back to school and work with people we trust.

Just admit you were wrong don't call them irrational because that isn't how you would have done it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Over the years I’ve seen players go pro that had no chance of making it and you wonder what were they thinking. I am no longer surprised when they leave before they’re ready and once they announce I don’t expect them to come back. I was surprised that both of these players came back and I am glad they did.

NBA to Enoch we aren't going to draft you, go back to school work on rebounding, defense and passing.
NBA to Nwora you aren't a 1st round pick, but work on your defense you will probably be a 1st round pick possibly lottery.

Irrational let's go pro.
Logical let's go back to school and work with people we trust.

Just admit you were wrong don't call them irrational because that isn't how you would have done it.
So you know what the NBA thinks about Nwora and Enoch? Neither guy did anything at the Combine. Why didn't you just spell it out a month ago and save everyone the time and money? Oh wait...

Over the years I’ve seen players go pro that had no chance of making it and you wonder what were they thinking. I am no longer surprised when they leave before they’re ready and once they announce I don’t expect them to come back. I was surprised that both of these players came back and I am glad they did.
You/we were surprised because it's irrational for guys in their position to return. It's high risk-reward. And the wisdom of those decisions will play out over the next 12 months...

You/we were surprised because it's irrational for guys in their position to return. It's high risk-reward....

They were told they weren't 1st rd picks. Their "positions" were 2nd rd for Nwora and actually undrafted for Enoch.

The high risk angle don't fit.

You are pretending one was a mid 1st rd pick guarantee and the other was a borderline first-round pick...

They were told they weren't 1st rd picks. Their "positions" were 2nd rd for Nwora and actually undrafted for Enoch.

The high risk angle don't fit.

You are pretending one was a mid 1st rd pick guarantee and the other was a borderline first-round pick...
That analysis shows you don't understand the question...

It isn't Draft position. It's can they make more money waiting a year.

That includes the Draft, but it also includes anywhere else they can play pro ball. And it includes the likelihood (or not) that they can improve in a meaningful way--not for example, stats they post in college that indicate very little.

And history shows that they will NOT make more money waiting a year at their ages. It doesn't generally happen with a freshman returning, much less a guy like Enoch who's four years outta high school. (Why do you think the NBA wants these kids to play ONE year and ONLY ONE year of college ball before they're draft eligible? Just a coincidence with millions of dollars in play?)

THAT is what's irrational, what fans don't understand, and what these guys chose to ignore by returning to school...

All that drivel can be applied to EVERY top 150-200 player choosing to play basketball in college at any point in their lives, making your "point" or "question" irrelevant.

They're all gone. That's the point.
All kids aren't 4-5 star outta high school. All kids aren't playing college ball with the expectation of playing pro ball.

And all people aren't as oblivious to what matters as you are. "Can't set a bar..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT