ADVERTISEMENT

ACC WBBT

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Wake Forest took down Virginia today. They get #5 FSU tomorrow, with the winner advancing to the quarterfinals against #4 UofL.

We are currently projected as a 6th seed in NCAA, and it is possible that we can improve to a 5, or even a 4 if things go our way. Either way, this ACC a is going to make serious noise in the tournament.

Clemson beat Pitt and Boston Colllege knocked off Georgia Tech in the other two first round games last night.

Round two matchups today are:
Wake Forest versus #5 FSU (11am)
#9 Syracuse versus #8 NC State (2pm)
Clemson versus #7 North Carolina (6pm)
BC versus #6 Miami (8pm)

We beat FSU so they might have the revenge factor but WF beat us so they might have our number. If we go out there and play hard and somebody else is able to help us score besides HVL we should be alright.

Reactions: PushupMan
FSU’s best player (Ta’Niya Latson) is out today with an undisclosed injury against Wake Forest. FSU raced out to a 10 point early lead. 21-14 FSU after one quarter.

FSU is blasting Wake 34-16 at the half. Just 2 points in the entire second quarter for WF.

WOW! Wake Forest got down as many as 20 points and has now gone on a 15-0 run to tie it at 42.

Reactions: Bardman
WF drills a 3pter to go up 45-42 after 3 quarters. FSU looks completely shell shocked. Players throwing passes to their wide open teammates who are so upset they aren’t even looking for the ball.

Like I always say there are 2 halves in every ballgame. Something we have experienced first hand this season. I didn’t care who we played before this game but there are some things we need to realize as a team. Obviously WF doesn’t give up so we have to play hard the entire game. The other thing is that our game we will be played in their home state so they will have the crowd behind them.

It’s funny when they show the bracket they have already moved UNCST over to winning against Syracuse. The bracket shows UNCST scheduled to play ND.

• Wow
WF wins 65-54. 26 point run to go from 42-27 down to up 53-42. When Wake Forest was down by 15, ESPN was projecting FSU win as a 97% probability!

We better be ready to play WF because they are going to have confidence against us since they beat us in the regular season. They also seem really pumped up and excited about playing us.

No doubt. Cards are in the dance no matter what. Wake is playing for an NCAA tournament bid. Motivation and home state advantage to Wake. Cards will have to match that intensity.

Like I always say there are 2 halves in every ballgame. Something we have experienced first hand this season. I didn’t care who we played before this game but there are some things we need to realize as a team. Obviously WF doesn’t give up so we have to play hard the entire game. The other thing is that our game we will be played in their home state so they will have the crowd behind them.
Lest we forget Wake outscored the Cards 43-23 in the second half and got nine 3 pointers to the Card's one. As you said, the Cards have to play hard the entire game tomorrow.

Defense, defense, defense and rebound, rebound, rebound will be the main factors in the Louisville vs WF game. We have to play like our life depends on it and that also means go after every loose ball don’t wait for your teammates to do it for you.

I came in late and started watching the UNCST vs Syracuse game and it took 10 minutes before they put the score up.

The good thing…this will be WF’s third game in three days. UofL needs to grind them down and WF should wear out.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Wake also has a short bench. Played four players more than 37 minutes today. Big advantage to UofL if senior PG Kaia Harrison cannot play (she was out today).

Lest we forget Wake outscored the Cards 43-23 in the second half and got nine 3 pointers to the Card's one. As you said, the Cards have to play hard the entire game tomorrow.
About as weird as it gets in women's college hoops. WF scored only 2 points the entire 2nd quarter and then scored 29 in the 3rd.

Does anyone here think the men will go to 4 quarters one of these days?

I am confident these Cards want another opportunity at NCST and ND; not sure we get it, but WF is not not going to get in the way. Anyone no if Olivia Miles is available for post season?

They showed her walking around and she does not look good at all, I will be surprised if she plays in the ACC Tournament.

Thanks Koz; they will struggle for 40 minutes without her in tournament games.

Anyone see the UK-UF WBB fight (scuffle)? 8 players ejected and the very sad UK team won the game.

Looks like the refs are letting them play in the ACC I hope they are consistent both halves. I guess that might be asking to much they haven’t been consistent all year.

In regards to the sUcK vs Florida fight the only positive for those 2 mediocre teams is at least people will know they play basketball with the publicity they will get.

Reactions: Bardman
Timmerman of Boston College just went down in the opening minutes of their game with Miami. Her leg bent sideways at the knee it looked awful.

As the Women's game increases in terms of their level of athleticism, I can see increased lower body injuries. The play in which HVL made a very athletic move to deny Olivia Miles the layup (Hailey got the ball as well as her arm) resulted in the injury. Both players are athletic and competitive; 10 years ago it would have been unlikely that a defensive player would have been capable of even trying to defend that shot.

Reactions: Guardman
I don’t know if we should start a game thread or post everything on this thread. However we have come out playing with a lot of intensity and lead 5-0 and WF has taken a timeout.

HVL has 17 points in the 1st quarter there is no way she can continue that but I love the intensity we are playing with.

Great start for the Cards! WF is ice cold from the floor (very reminiscent of their first half yesterday). Hopefully, we learned our lesson against these Demonic Deacons and will maintain that high intensity for the whole game.

Last edited:
Shallow bench for WF. If we can keep drawing these fouls, WF will be in a world of hurt in the 4th quarter.

2 on Dixon and also on Cochran. Josie Williams in for the last few minutes of the half.

Sloppy! Cards sleepwalked their way through that sequence. Nobody hustled down the court for the rebound on that layup.

Same ole crap we’ve seen all season. Cannot maintain focus. Stupid passes, let up on D, and leads to going cold.

Up by 10 but we closed the half letting WF cut 8 points off our 28 point lead. Hopefully that will wake us up and we have a strong 2nd half. I would rather WF have their momentum to end the 1st instead of the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT