ADVERTISEMENT

ACC WBBT

No doubt. Kasa gets blasted from the back while finishing a layup and Mowins and Antonelli said nothing. Then Evo does a bull in a china shop move and they whine that Cochran should get an ESPY for a flop.

At least have some semblance of impartiality.

Without Miles, ND is not a bad matchup for Louisville. They're playing mostly 6 to 7 players now and they're game today against NC State is going to take a lot out of them physically if they win and play Louisville tomorrow.

This time, Walz will concentrate the defense on Citron and she's not that good to dominate the entire game. The Irish are also having to play a lot of zone to stay out of foul trouble.

If the Cards perform tomorrow like they did today, they should beat both teams, especially the shorthanded Irish.

She sat out the whole 2nd half of the previous game, and probably won't play tomorrow.
Citrone was unstoppable today, as she was against us. 6'1" PG....
Yes, they play about 7 players. And yes, we will be a handful for them. But they killed us with their length the last time out. HVL does not do good against longer leaner players. She is 5'7" with a decent vertif
No doubt. Kasa gets blasted from the back while finishing a layup and Mowins and Antonelli said nothing. Then Evo does a bull in a china shop move and they whine that Cochran should get an ESPY.

At least have some semblance of impartiality.
never EVER thought I'd see us go into the half, up 14 points... with HVL and CC playing as bad, offensively as they have... and I mean REALLY bad. It feels like a competition between the 2 of them to not be forgotten on the offense. I get it, that the strategy is to always show yourself as a threat... but HVL has taken some bad shots... and CC and that elbow shove on the fast break... its just dumb... its the most consistent call that I have seen refs for both the men's and women's side call, over and over again. K. Leonard gets away with it all the time on the NBA level, but stuff in the NBA don't flow downwards to the college game like that. The "And 1" shouts and the players doing the "Run it back\rewind it back\REPLAY" signal to the refs after a questionable foul... have all made their way down from the NBA game to the College players... but not the College Refs...

Kasa Robinson has been the truth in this game... to see her be the leading scorer after watching HVL miss good shots and take some horribly bad ones... speaks volumes. Harris has played well and so has Cochran. Jones has been so-so.
We have sort of set the defensive tone of this game and came out like gang busters... didn't get a lot of calls but I think the refs are committed to cleaning up a lot of the dirt on the ND side of the ball. For whatever reason, I just don't like ND. I respect them...

Hoping we have one of our patented "Golden State Warriors" 3rd quarter "Booms" like we usually do...to extend the lead... but its Notre Dame... they are super tough... they should not have won the game down in South Bend... and they earned that game against us in Yum... this is and should be OUR game to win and lose.... ND will not lay down like that... we need to keep coming at them.

Let’s not have a let down keep our foot on the gas pedal. I hope we continue to do what has been working and not slow the tempo down.

Reactions: CardsFirst
still need to make layups - too many missed
Jones - man, if she could reduce the little problems she would be on the floor so much more; missed layups, bad passes, missing defensive assignments.

Great win since nobody thought we stood a chance to do it. This is a totally different team that we have seen all year. Definitely a team effort in every phase of the game.

Reactions: Bardman
Watching Muffet have to give Louisville compliments on the post game show is priceless. She practically gritting her teeth as she talks.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Nobody? I didn't think we would blow them out by 20+ but in this thread I said ND was in trouble without Miles. I like our chances tomorrow as well.
Coach Jeff Walz showed he knows how to coach the post season like a champ. I think we get DUKE tomorrow... Robinson... she is really the difference maker, almost every game. Yes, HVL is the scorer and CC and the bigs compliment... but everything we do, on defense and offense almost exclusively runs through Robinson.

Reactions: PushupMan
When I said nobody I was talking about the Talking Heads and all those so called know it alls who only gave us a 16% chance to win.

I agree about Robinson you could see this team improving right after she took over the point. I love the way she pushes the ball up court putting pressure on opposing defenses. Today was truly a team effort from offense to defense everybody was involved. Cochran looked good yesterday and even better today. This is a Louisville basketball junkies dream 3 games in a row and a possible opportunity to win the ACC Tournament.

Reactions: Bardman
When I said nobody I was talking about the Talking Heads and all those so called know it alls who only gave us a 16% chance to win.
My apologies. I'm just a bit worked up because power is still out at my house. It's been out since 5:20 pm yesterday. I missed the baseball game after looking so hard to find where it was streaming.

Now it looks like I'm going to miss today's baseball game as well. Have to listen to it on the radio and I hate radio when it comes to all sports.

Watched the Lady Cards today on my phone and it wasn't smooth by any measure. Never seen such sustained winds like yesterday. Trees and fences are down all over my neighborhood.

Good luck with that I went without power for two weeks a couple of years ago. I understand the misery of it.

It will be Virginia Tech in the finals (1pm on ESPN). Tech blasted Duke 58-37 in the second semifinal today. Tech has won 10 in a row, having last lost a game on January 26th.

The most impressive player in that game was Georgia Amoor of Va Tech. She was knocking down 3 pointers from mid court. As long as we extend our defense we should be good. I like Kitley VT she has an impressive fade away which is hard to defend. She doesn’t do well in a physical game. VT didn’t substitute very much even at the end they kept their starters in. I like our chances if we keep playing the way we are.

Reactions: Deeva
I really do not understand posts that criticize HVL for her offense. Notre Dame focused on her defensively and paid the price in so doing that. Walz particular mentioned that in his post game comments.

"I know everybody is like oh, can they win if Hailey doesn't score? She forces so much attention, and she shared the basketball. She made some beautiful passes -- she had a beautiful pass down there to Liz that just didn't quite go in. But I think people now -- you watch this and you're like, okay, you might put all your effort on Hailey, but she's a pretty darned good basketball player of knowing how to get others involved, too. And she set some great screens in yesterday's game and today's game. "

HVL clearly is not deterred when her mostly contested shots do not fall, but stays very aggressive in her defense. The "hammer lock no call" that Citron put on her is an example of how she was defended. If HVT was playing so poorly, she would not have played 33 minutes

Last edited:
HVL was awesome yesterday. She was off target on those early shots in the first half, but then so was everyone else. The difference is that she gives 100% on both ends and her teammates constantly look for her despite the defensive efforts that our opponents put on her.

Before anyone assigns the lopsided ND loss on Olivia Miles injury; remember ND overcame a first half deficit in the 2nd half without her. UL defensively took ND completely out of the game yesterday, and consistent with much of this season, we did it without the benefit of great half court offensive shooting.

UL and ND players do not like each other, it was evident in all three games and the post game high five lines spoke loudly when there was no eye contact between the players. I cannot imagine Miles returning this season, but with her or without her, they will be a challenge in the NCAA tournament. This ACC will make a lot of noise in the big dance this year!

It looks like Harris is now having problems with layups and shots under the basket. We have to neutralize either Kitley or Amoor and I would rather stop Amoor those 3 pointers are killing us.

Definitely. The story so far is that Tech is hitting their open shots and UofL is not. Tech is a very skilled offensive team.

I like that bigger lineup with Dixon and Cochran to pound the boards. Hope we see more of that in the second half.

I would go with Dixon and Cochran and continue to trap Amoor. That is the only thing Amoor doesn’t do well she doesn’t handle the trap well.

They only have 2 players doing damage the rest of the team is just passing the ball to them. If we can shut down Amoor we would be in good shape.

Just noticed that Amoore walked on her step back 3pter against Konno. They showed the slow motion replay and she took a slide step while completing her dribble, and then two small steps to set her feet!

How come Kitley gets every call she is over the back a lot. We need more than one player to get hot. That has been the reason for our current success.

Unfortunately, still the story of this game … both teams are doing a great job running their offense. Tech continues to hit more of their open shots.

Every time they drive and miss we’re called for a foul. Every time we drive and are fouled no call

CC is having a great game she is the reason we are still in the game. If we could get her and somebody else hit we could win this.

Not sure if we can come back to win this game, but that Olivia Cochran block on Soule was EPIC!!

When Liz and Olivia play well we do as a team. They’re currently are a combined 5-12 from the field. And a combined 5 rebounds. Not good

VT has answer every time. Much like us in the last two games. VT is well balanced team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT