ADVERTISEMENT

NCState

Also, anyone heard anything on Seed? He may be done.

Why didn't McDonnell bring Prosecky in to start the 8th inning?

Why these pitchers continue to struggle throwing strikes just makes no sense. It's so frustrating how our bullpen always seems to give these teams base runners.

This pitching staff is garbage. The double pitch sequence was ridiculous. All fastballs 1 curve.

Giving up 14 runs is brutal.

Reactions: rh62531
Hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings.
Geez,eight straight fastballs!

I can’t tell how stupid that pitch sequence was in that situation. A good hook at any point would of at least changed up the timing. Everyone and I mean everyone can turn around a fastball.

These guys pitch scared except Poland. That is all you can say.

It is what is is folks. McDonnell just doesn't have the level of pitchers he's used to having. The thing is, if we were our usual strong defense we would have won more of these games when the pitching struggled.

The defense except for Metzinger and Usher is below average by a good margin. McDonnell should pick a catcher and stay with him. I would choose Payton. Let Rushing play 1st and DH Bianco. Way too many passed balls when Rushing catches.

Also, anyone heard anything on Seed? He may be done.
Don’t know any details but I would say he’s shut down for now. Don’t know though if he’s trying to rehab now and try to make it back for any postseason play. He hasn’t pitched in a game since Libscomb.

I got interrupted in the 8th inning, so correct me if I am wrong here, but if Levi holds on to that fly ball that ends the inning?

I am as frustrated as anyone with Roger Williams and this pitching rotation, but at the same time I have seen a lot of individual performances that were outstanding.

Metzinger and Masterman picked a bad afternoon to go missing in action at the plate.

Usher never got to it. At first it looked like he did but replay showed he didn’t get to it.

10 runs should be enough. The days of putting the ball with 2 strikes is over. It is what it is and it has been that way for a while.

The biggest issue with pitching in they all catch way too much plate when they do throw a strike. Tie that will pitching from behind most of the time they get lit up. Their stuff is OK but they have can’t locate it with any consistency. They get squared up a bunch which tells me their fastballs have very little movement. Easy for hitters at this level.

Well, our pitching is right back at it. Phillips can’t get the ball down Everything is io and over the plate. THREE HRs in the first inning. Pathetic .

Simply unbelievable how poor the pitching has been. McDonnell knows what he has to improve next season.

Fact: we have a good team; not a great team. I know it’s how college baseball recruiting works; but, maybe is we were not taking commits as HS Sophs maybe evaluations would be better. Just saying.

In a nutshell right there. Louisville's season. Payton is moved up to 3rd in the order and he bunts? Down 5 runs.

I don't know what it is with UofL sports but it's absolute madness what's been going on.

Every frigging game with this pispoor defense. How can anyone have any real expectations for this season with such a bad defense?

This defense is just so mediocre. Beard doesn’t call off Bianco. Beard drops a line drive. Little league stuff. This St pitcher is the third junk guy in row and should already be out of the game. Some of guys are just taking terrible swings - Masterman and Beard.

Glad Benson came in for Cam. Coupme of other guys need that day off as well. Need to refocus.

I know - right. Losing some confidence in Williams. Pitchers are shaky; weird pitch calls. Maybe Galvan just threw a bad pitch. Thing is - we should have been nowhere near the center of the strike zone. Wright showed his ass though coming around thris and at the plate. If i was pitching and he comes up - first pitch fast all right at his left leg.

16 different pitchers used by Louisville in 3 games shows how poor this staff is. There needs to be a lot of changes next season if the program is going to maintain elite status.

Their bullpen is weaker than ours. Weird thing is…someone will come in, do well and then just lose it. Great win today…very exciting.

Offensively there is a lot to like. They will be a nightmare to deal with in a regional. There are encouraging moments with the pitching just frustrating watching guys not confident in throwing strikes.

As far as baseball entertainment goes, that was a fun series. It had it all. I hadn’t realized the M&M Bro’s were slumping until today. Cam is 7/40. Metz, I think, is 10/40. JT had an opportunity with Cam sitting, but came up short. Can’t be doing that. I’d love to know what Payton said to White after his fourth bomb of the series. Why did we keep pitching to that guy?

Really good series win. Toppers come to town Tuesday.

Let’s go, Cards!

We have witnessed a lot of pitching and defensive issues, and then NCST comes in and shows us they have much of the same problems that we are struggling with. The official scorekeeper had NCST with 2 errors, but how many bobbled balls that resulted in extra bases did they have that were not counted? We are pretty critical of our kids, but I see a lot of the same issues with our opponents.

Reactions: Bardman
Before the start of yesterday’s game, they threw up comparative season stats for both teams. If they didn’t have the team names, you would have been hard pressed to guess who was who. Very similar. Pitching staff with ERA over 5.00. Runs scored, etc.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT