ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

Didn't hear pre-game so couldn't speculate and haven't heard announcers even mention. Bardman probably has the right of it and CDM figured since offense is rolling it could be good chance for Detmers to get some experience.

Detmers falling off towards first base when he overthrown. No control. When he finishes balanced, he's got good command

Still guessing we’ll see Forbes this week (assuming be’s felling better). My guess is we’ll see several arms today due to the mid-week games.

Apparently, the guys were not ready to play baseball today. I suppose a letdown was in order after winning 10 in a roll.

Glad to hear Forbes just sick and not hurt.
The boys didn't come to play today,no doubt. Hope they wake up soon

Plenty of time. They have made some solid contact at the plate. Hartman in to pitch.

Weird game so far. I'm having flashbacks from last year 😅
Pitchers struggling,swinging at balls in the dirt,etc
I just want to see a spark...soon

Reactions: Bardman
Weird game so far. I'm having flashbacks from last year 😅
Pitchers struggling,swinging at balls in the dirt,etc
I just want to see a spark...soon
Oh yeah,and McCoy reverting back to his old ways.

Looks like one of those days. Maybe they can rally. They act like they don’t want to be out there.

Reactions: earsky
Despite the poor play, the Cards still had a shot in the 9th. I’d rather Humphrey had gone down swinging, but that’s baseball. Let’s start a new win streak on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
I think we got unlucky at the plate in the first few innings, our guys hit the ball hard, just right at someone. Northwestern played solid d, which we didn't. That right fielder made one hell of a catch at the fence late in the game. Sometimes it doesn't go your way. Detmers will be a solid pitcher in the future, just needs to stay in a rhythm and not over throw. Will be easy to see the difference in his delivery on balls and strikes. Finally going to get a chance to get out there this upcoming week, can't wait! Go Cards!

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
I really don't get frustrated by physical errors. They happen. The pop up that fell is usually caught but the damn wind over there can be brutal and it played into that one. And I don't mind guys going down swinging,it's the backward K’s that drive me crazy 😜
Those and the walks. Agree about Detmers. I thought Mac tinkered a bit by taking Moore out but hell he might be sick too.

I look for the lineup to solidify over the next few weeks as Mac searches for consistency. I think we'll see Mr.Hoy back this week and we really start to ramp it up for the start of ACC play this weekend with VA Tech I think before we go to Wake Forest weekend after next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT