ADVERTISEMENT

Colton Hartman

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Freshman Colton Hartman gets first start of his career against the Knights today
as Williams searches for the next guy up. Time to see what we got with this youngster.

With the Thursday-Saturday series @ Wake on the horizon,look for a change in the weekend rotation. If Williams moves somebody ahead to that Thursday game instead of going with Gongora,I think Koger could see his first start of the season Thursday in what is quickly becoming the biggest series in a few years round these parts.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Freshman Colton Hartman gets first start of his career against the Knights today
as Williams searches for the next guy up. Time to see what we got with this youngster.

With the Thursday-Saturday series @ Wake on the horizon,look for a change in the weekend rotation. If Williams moves somebody ahead to that Thursday game instead of going with Gongora,I think Koger could see his first start of the season Thursday in what is quickly becoming the biggest series in a few years round these parts.
I don't know. I thought when the season started, Koger was one of 3-4 players being considered for the closer role. Well, you can't close if you are losing by more than a few runs. I guess we will find out but I don't think it hurts to try a new arm in a midweek game.

I agree with the importance of the wake series. Can't start off conf play 4 or 5 games in the hole. I'm looking to see if he solidifies the lineup and hoping the starters come through.

Not sure why we're playing Thursday-Saturday this week but I know next week it's because of Easter.
Yeah, I mean we haven't won an ACC series in a while and I can't think of any better tonic than a road series win against a top 15 team to inject some life into the program.
What I'm not sure of is whether Gongora goes a day early or we see someone else go tomorrow. Stay tuned..

I’m have tempered my expectations. I am just going to enjoy this team win or lose. They have plenty of talent. Can the talent execute when needed? Plenty of games to be played.

CDM said on Monday that there are two additional Thu-Sat series this year because of game broadcasting schedules. Presumably ESPN/ACCN. The other two baked in are Easter and the last weekend of the regular season.

We need to avoid getting swept against WF. I might try by keeping Gongora on Friday, not pitting #1 vs #1...

Reactions: earsky
CDM said on Monday that there are two additional Thu-Sat series this year because of game broadcasting schedules. Presumably ESPN/ACCN. The other two baked in are Easter and the last weekend of the regular season.

We need to avoid getting swept against WF. I might try by keeping Gongora on Friday, not pitting #1 vs #1...
I'm reading tea leaves off what Mac said post game Sunday and saying it's a new weekend starter for tomorrow. We saw Ligget throw as a closer yesterday which adds some speculation about tomorrow if Gongora waits till Friday. I'm going with veteran Koger to light a spark tomorrow.

Well, Wake has decided to throw their ace, Chase Burns on Friday. He may not be labeled as their ace but he definitely has the best stats on the team. 4-0. 2.08 ERA. 56/12 strike to walk ratio. Josh Hartle will pitch on Thursday but he's no cupcake. He's 3-1 but has a 6.26 ERA and a measley 22 to 6 strikeout to walk ratio. Their Saturday starter has yet to be named. There's nobody else that has stood out. Obviously would like to get 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT