ADVERTISEMENT

NCState

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Is that 8 o'clock start time Friday night a misprint?
Lol,that's getting close to my bed time.

Reactions: Deeva
Is the game on the actual ACC Network rather than ACCN+?

Anyone else notice Poland charting pitches in the dugout during the UK game? Doesn't the next game starter usually do this? Since Kuehner worked an inning and didn't start last THU, I think it's safe to say he's not starting on FRI night. Phillips ain't moving up from SUN based on his last outing. I'm guessing Poland starts FRI and maybe Lohman gets used as an "opener+" on SAT with Phillips staying in the SUN role for at least 1 more try.

When I saw Kuehner on Tuesday,I figured his weekend rotation was over. I would say you're right. Poland Friday.
Really curious to see who gets the next shot.

When I saw Kuehner on Tuesday,I figured his weekend rotation was over. I would say you're right. Poland Friday.
Really curious to see who gets the next shot.
Even with his struggles lately, Kuehner is still one of our best best options in the weekend rotation. I can see Poland starting on Friday but if Kuehner doesn’t start game 2, he will be in first relief in my opinion. Tuesday’s game was just a bullpen, nobody pitched significant innings.

This is a big dang series coming up. UofL and NCST are one and two in the Atlantic. The Wolfpack are on a 6 game win streak, and they aren't terrible on the road (8-6). They've got a true freshman, Tommy White, who is a dangerous power hitter. A sweep may be too much to ask for. I'll happily take 2-1.

Reactions: earsky
Even with his struggles lately, Kuehner is still one of our best best options in the weekend rotation. I can see Poland starting on Friday but if Kuehner doesn’t start game 2, he will be in first relief in my opinion. Tuesday’s game was just a bullpen, nobody pitched significant innings.
You might be right about those options. He didn't throw a lot of pitches last Friday,so maybe he moves into a different slot on the weekend. I'm just thinking out loud. I'm sensing that he might move into a middle relief role. We'll know soon enough.

This is a big dang series coming up. UofL and NCST are one and two in the Atlantic. The Wolfpack are on a 6 game win streak, and they aren't terrible on the road (8-6). They've got a true freshman, Tommy White, who is a dangerous power hitter. A sweep may be too much to ask for. I'll happily take 2-1.
It's huge for a lot of reasons for sure. We're on the doorstep of May and it's basically time to take it up a notch,across the board. I think the fellas are the only ones happier than the fans to see the warmer weather.
Idk who's pitching on Saturday or Sunday,but I suspect we'll see JP on Friday night.

Is the game on the actual ACC Network rather than ACCN+?

Anyone else notice Poland charting pitches in the dugout during the UK game? Doesn't the next game starter usually do this? Since Kuehner worked an inning and didn't start last THU, I think it's safe to say he's not starting on FRI night. Phillips ain't moving up from SUN based on his last outing. I'm guessing Poland starts FRI and maybe Lohman gets used as an "opener+" on SAT with Phillips staying in the SUN role for at least 1 more try.
I think in our case it was the fact that Poland was probably the only pitcher that was not going to be called into action..

I did hear from a pretty good source yesterday that it likely will be JP tonight.
Wherever Tate ends up,wishing for the best for him. We're gonna need his best version to help this team succeed at the highest level.

Reactions: nccardfan
Got my second wind. Out here with no pillow or recliner to catch me. 😆
Let's Go Cards!

Home plate ump sucks, but it's the Cards fielding woes and undisciplined swings at the plate that continue to plague the team.

This is looking more like a what could be team. They lose this series it's going to be very hard to turn it around.

Reactions: Bardman
With an open base, I was really wondering why not pitch around White.

Feast or famine. Either JP gets a K or they really hammer the ball
Our bats look pretty bad - sans first inning.

There's no excuse for the quite bats against this pitcher. For some reason most of the lineup is slumping.

Feast or famine. Either JP gets a K or they really hammer the ball
Our bats look pretty bad - sans first inning.
There's been the requisite seeing eye singles for the other team. How many times is Bianco going to dive just missing a ground ball?

Pushing all the wrong buttons on White. Our hitters are completely off balance.

Their pitcher is killing our batters. Be hides his pitches well I’ll give him that.
Seeing eye singles? I respectfully disagree. All of their ground balls have been hit HARD. The Bianco ball - ugly. Right through his legs. Ben’s defense isn’t ‘stellar’

Dude is striking us out with 80 MPH pitches over the middle of the plate. It makes no sense. No one should be fearing his fastball. Step up in the batter‘s box and look for the change-up and hit it to the off field. Put some game pressure on the dude.

Reactions: earsky
Bat Cats just had a similar W tonight v the Ant Eaters.
Trailing 5-1 we had a humongous 5th.
Same Bat cat had 2 jacks, batted around.
W 13-8 👍

Love reading this thread going from season going downhill to us dominating the Wolfpack… Baseball! Ups and downs. Stay the course!
Basically,it's the ACC in a nutshell for us this season so far.
If our offense,which can keep pressure on till the last out,can get into the opposing team's bullpen,they are having monumental success there.
Now,the issue is getting there. ACC starters have done fairly well against us this season. Let's see if we can get some guys on base throughout,work their starter's pitch counts and then feast on their pens.
That is the key to scoring more runs than the other team. If dude for NCSt could've pitched one more inning last night,we was in some deep isht.
I know this is reply goes a little long,but I was gonna throw it in somewhere.Lol

So….a lot of what we saw yesterday. A middling pitcher handling our batters. We just missed a huge opportunity and neither Masterman and Rushing could get it done.
is Saemus hurt? Haven’t seen him in quite a while. Koger - just can not find the steike zone: excellent for right down the middle pitches and we saw what happened to that pitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT