ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs. WMU Game Thread

After a couple of unimpressive innings at the plate Rosenbaum gets it started in the bottom of the 3rd with a single through the right side, followed with a walk to Taylor. Ray gets his 2nd hit up the middle to score Rosenbaum and Will Smith RBI groundouts to the right side scores Taylor.

Funk is his ole self throwing a lot of ground outs with control and keeping his fb low.

Lou 2 WMU 0
Louisville vs. WMU Game Thread

Funk pitching well in the first inning. Gave up a walk, but what else is new?

Last edited:
Sorry Howie, I would contribute to the thread, but I'm watching the game on my iPad, and it's a pain to go back and forth from ESPN3 to the board. Funk's doing well, and that was a nice rocket to the wall from Ellis. Go Cards!!!

Funk has thrown 4 different pitches for strikes today. WMU having a hard time getting solid contact, even Funks misses are in the dirt.

WMU side arm reliever had the trifecta: walk,balk,wild pitch in 1.2 of relief.

WMU brings in a lefty to face Tibiri and gets the bases loaded SO to end the inning.

Top 6
Lou 4. WMU 0

The 5th was almost a carbon copy of the 4th inning. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs, then they advance on a passed ball. 2 hitters had the chance to pull an "Ellis" and bring in some 2 out runs.

Sorry Howie, I would contribute to the thread, but I'm watching the game on my iPad, and it's a pain to go back and forth from ESPN3 to the board. Funk's doing well, and that was a nice rocket to the wall from Ellis. Go Cards!!!

You need a Chromecast, Steelers! I dialed up the game on my iPad, cast it onto my big screen TV using the Chromecast, and then I can do whatever else I want on the iPad while watching the game, just like normal. $20 and super easy to set up.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Love Tiberi's swing. He looks like he's going to hit a homer every time he's up there.

Bummer. I would have liked to have seen him try to get the complete game. If we only had three good starting pitchers, I might be thinking differently. With 4, we have the luxury of letting him go a little longer.

Couldn't have asked for better results for our NCAA opener. Funkhouser goes 8 full innings in a 6-1 win to raise our home record to 33-1.

Two-run homer from Blake Tiberi. Louisville leads Western Michigan 6-1 in the 7th.
Tiberi's homer makes up for all those guys left on base in the 5th and 6th(I know,I know) but without it,the game gets a little more antsy late.

I thought Funk was staying away from his fastball.He was missing low a lot with the off speed,but I think purposely so.If he can manage to locate the off speed in the strike zone,like Burdi to a degree,he then uses the 94 mph like he wants.

Good game Cards!Win and advance.Btw,Tiberi had a stellar game at 3rd to go with the homer.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT