ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Game

I have not of any changes. Not clear as to why it is a 5:00 start time. Terrible idea.

Reactions: shutterbug
Not that I have heard. Will be attending my first game at Jim Patterson Stadium. Do most people park in Cardinal Stadium?

Not that I have heard. Will be attending my first game at Jim Patterson Stadium. Do most people park in Cardinal Stadium?
Most park behind left field in that lot or caddy corner to the stadium on 3rd and Central. If you get there early enough,you'll have your choice.

And Fielding.

It was pretty much a total team effort!

Hitting was better than fielding or pitching, but even our hitters did strike out a lot. 40 times in 3 games resulted in a lot of missed opportunities at the plate.

Glad we got the “W” but One of the most boringest games I have watched in the UK-of L series. Seems like neither team cared if they won or lost.

I thought the team was really mentally into it. It just looked that way out there.
They found a way to win. That approach they had tonight needs to be bottled. If they have that and some hitters get hot along with the ones that are now...who knows.

UK’s baseball team is not going anywhere this season, but they have some kids who have been hitting the ball well and this was a good outing for the pitchers.

For anyone not feeling good about this win, the Cards ended a 3 game skid against a good, not great, rival, who beat us at home last year.
On to NCST.
Like I said it was a good win,
It just seemed like a practice game with all the pitchers being thrown in and at weird times. Never have I seen a pitcher removed (unless it was for an injury) with a 3-2 count.

Never have I seen a pitcher removed (unless it was for an injury) with a 3-2 count.
That was like a scene from the Twilight Zone. Lol,I asked the umpire at first base if he'd ever seen that before? He ignored me.😂

We only had 4 hits for the game,but two of them were huge,Payton's being the biggest. Nobody else I'd rather see up there in that situation.
There was one defensive play flying under the radar a bit. Usher's catch probably was the difference in the game.
No telling what happens in the rest of that inning if he can't go up and make that play.
Like I said earlier, you could see an added focus in the defense,probably because of the rivalry,the buzz in the crowd,Idk. Nobody wanted to be the guy that didn't make the play. That's a winning approach to the defense we have to see going forward.

I thought the team still looked shaky. Defensive issues again at SS and 2B. Hitting - yikes, the bats got silenced. But, they did what was needed to win and that is all I care about.

Reactions: nccardfan
I thought the team still looked shaky. Defensive issues again at SS and 2B. Hitting - yikes, the bats got silenced. But, they did what was needed to win and that is all I care about.
The only issues I remember were with Beard. The one play where he tried to go unassisted on the double play ball and the bobble on that routine play that almost was disastrous. Don't recall anything at short.

Knap had a play moving to his right. Bouncing ball; seemed like it took too long to get to the ball #1 and then he couldn’t even attempt the throw. My confidence in his defensive abilities have worn thin as the season has progressed. There are some throwing issues out there - Knap, Bianco and Payton. Thank goodness Knap has been very good at the plate.

The only issues I remember were with Beard. The one play where he tried to go unassisted on the double play ball and the bobble on that routine play that almost was disastrous. Don't recall anything at short.
The "unassisted" play was as much on Knap as Beard. Timing was off and they were too close together. Beard made the right choice to make sure he at least got the out at 2B.

The "unassisted" play was as much on Knap as Beard. Timing was off and they were too close together. Beard made the right choice to make sure he at least got the out at 2B.
Ok I couldn't tell standing on the fenceline over at 1st. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: jpa2825
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT