ADVERTISEMENT

How is Louisville this bad

AnotherCFD

One-Star Poster
Jan 26, 2024
If they leave last years best pitcher in against EKU we will lose. How did it get this bad? Where are the Home runs? The other team hits them. We’re supposed to be ACC. The ACC is laughing at us just like in basketball. Time for a change.

If they leave last years best pitcher in against EKU we will lose. How did it get this bad? Where are the Home runs? The other team hits them. We’re supposed to be ACC. The ACC is laughing at us just like in basketball. Time for a change.
We have definitely looked rough so far this year, but this is a pretty far reach. He gave up an infield single on a check swing, and then a line drive homer on a 3-1 pitch. Got the next guy out

2 home runs now. I understand they are winning but these small schools look comparable to us.

I've only seen a couple of games (Sat and Sun) but just from that I will say the pitching is very suspect from what I have seen. Saturdays starter could gain 3-5 more mph on his fastball if he followed through, he throws with his arm and doesn't utilize his legs as much as he could. None of them besides 2 that I saw have good movement on their pitches. Throwing flat fastballs and curves is a recipe for getting hit frequently. The relievers are more concerned with the base runners than the batters. Not a fan of all small ball that CMD employs, power most definitely has its place, particularly with the bats the guys have access to now a days. I don't mind the speed he has but you need a hulk or two in the lineup.

I think we're really gonna have a better idea later this month when the Cards visit current #1 Wake Forest down there.
Arguably the biggest regular season series in a while. We get a home series with Northwestern and VA. Tech between now and then to fine tune the pitching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT