ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs Tar Heels series

The other coaches, it appears, has figured out how to pitch them.
Yeah, I think I posted back during the Clemson series, the scouting report has to reflect that there are several guys that will go after pitches out of the zone. Guess what they're gonna see a lot of?
It's hard to simulate this in practice I'm sure.

Without a doubt.

Also, I never get upset with a batter that strikes out swing. I detest batters watching strikes.
Without a doubt, there's a lot of guessing going on,but not the right guesses. I think the key is to know what that particular pitcher is doing in game,use it to your advantage,get hitter's counts.

As of today,it appears that this Cardinal team has not panned out the way we all were hoping.
Although it appears that we might not have enough pitching to get far in the post season (if we even get in) there are still 5 games left in the regular season. I don't expect a break out game today,but the opportunity to catch fire could still come next weekend as we get to say goodbye to a lot of familiar faces against Miami.
It wouldn't be inconceivable to think that the bats could catch fire in a series like that one.
Let's get one today!!

I still believe this team will be playing in a regional. Problem is their seed is dropping for sure. There hasn’t been a ton of clutch hitting all season. A couple of games back I mentioned how some of our ‘best’ hitters couldn’t get the job done when needed, i.e. runners in scoring position, 2 outs, etc.

I had no illusions that today would be a whole lot different than the last 2. I was hopeful it would.

Reactions: Deeva
How? How does anyone think this team will be in the regional? Because you want them to?

With 5 games to go, the Cards will need to win at least 3 or its over. My prediction is a 1 and 4 ending and a winless ACC tournament.

Hope I'm wrong.

How? How does anyone think this team will be in the regional? Because you want them to?

With 5 games to go, the Cards will need to win at least 3 or its over. My prediction is a 1 and 4 ending and a winless ACC tournament.

Hope I'm wrong.
I agree! I did not watch the game today because I felt like the uninspired play would continue. Idk what CDM can do at this point to get this team back on track. Probably too late. I think the final stop for this team is an early exit from the ACC tourney. Always cheering…Go Cards!

It is no coincidence that Davis has a batting stance that resembles Pete Rose, as both are contact hitters. The more open stance with knees bent, provides several advantages; one is a reduced angle of the neck and head facing the pitcher, which results in greater vision on the ball; secondly the bent knees reduces the size of the strike zone.

Conversely, Alex has a closed stance with virtually no bending of his knees. That upright stance makes for a huge strike zone with his height. In order to keep both eyes on the ball, his neck his almost 90 degrees to his shoulders. Alex bat speed is what explains his immense powerful swing, but his stance also explains his propensity for striking out.

Reactions: gocds
I agree about Binelas. His stance and where he starts with his hands will be challenged by professional coaches. Alex is a mistake hitter. He can wallop pitches down the middle of the plate but pitchers who can locate, he's a very subpar hitter. Which is most people who play baseball.

I think once the NCAA announced the potential Regional sites, and Louisville wasn’t one of them, the team then realized they have no legitimate post season shot. They don’t play well away from home and pitching is a weakness. No home field advantage, then why bother? That’s how they played at UNC.

I think once the NCAA announced the potential Regional sites, and Louisville wasn’t one of them, the team then realized they have no legitimate post season shot. They don’t play well away from home and pitching is a weakness. No home field advantage, then why bother? That’s how they played at UNC.
Well, they’re are quickly falling in the ACC standings as NC State is now ahead of them. With not one quality starter, the best we might hope for is 1-1 in pool play and if another team has the same record and you are a lower seed, you won’t advance…

Never thought I would think this, much less say it out loud, but maybe its best if Louisville doesn't make the NCAA tournament?

There is zero chance this team can do anything but walk hitters, get thrown out on the bases, commit errors, strike out and give up home runs. The occasional homer by Binelas and Davis is nowhere near enough to win.

Who wants to watch more of this?

It's clear McDonnell is at his first real threat of losing the dominance he's created at Louisville and will have his hands full next season. Louisville has been ranked I believe in every poll the last several years but that streak if not over now will be soon.

Reactions: rh62531
Carter Lohman's last 2 starts epitomize this season. Works confidently and aggressively against #2 Vandy and then can't throw a strike in 0.0 IP at UNC. Ugh!

Just hoping for a hot streak at the plate and some magic in a few arms to end the season and in ACC play. It will be different being the "hunter" instead of the "hunted" at the ACC Tourney and in postseason (if they make it).

They missed on guys it really is that simple. They usually don’t miss especially with pitchers.

There are zero electric arms 92-95. There are bunch of guys in the 88-91 range. The problem is pitchers that can’t blow it by you they better locate-locate-locate their pitches. This group can’t locate pitches. They are always working from behind that is not a good place to be even at 95. It is death at 88.

Yesterday was another example of just how “upside down” college sports has become since the Covid season. IU Men’s soccer has been a main-stay in pursuit of National Championship; they lost to Marshall. I think any criticism of CDM Zane this UL baseball team is misdirected; the disruption has been unequal and all one needs to do is look at the differential in the number of games played to appreciate just how adversely affected college sports has been.

Yesterday was another example of just how “upside down” college sports has become since the Covid season. IU Men’s soccer has been a main-stay in pursuit of National Championship; they lost to Marshall. I think any criticism of CDM Zane this UL baseball team is misdirected; the disruption has been unequal and all one needs to do is look at the differential in the number of games played to appreciate just how adversely affected college sports has been.
Misdirected? How's that? I'm just calling it like I see it, regardless of the reasons why. Of course covid is a factor but the bottom line is this team is not even close to as talented as the Cards teams were accustomed to. Covid or not, this pitching staff was going to struggle. Making Kirian the Friday night starter should have been a huge warning of that.

Reactions: rh62531
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT