ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs Tar Heels series

Fellas need to try something different for Friday night to get their mojo back
Yeah like getting an outstanding performance on the mound. 😀😎. Not to mention excellent defense up the middle from the SS and 2nd base spots.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: earsky
Henry took his time rounding those bases. It’s like he knows something...

It's just not Louisville's year. This game tonight is a perfect example. UNC has had at least five hits just out of the reach of Cards defenders while every Cards similar at bats UNC defenders have just enough space to make the play. The Cards extra base hits just go foul.

This has been the norm these past few weeks. It's like we have the shortest arm infielders in the game. So it's not just been subpar pitching and defense, this team just hasn't had much good luck at all.

Again with the just foul BS! Even when the replay clearly showed the ball hit the line. The next pitch? A line drive double play. I rest my case.

Unreal!

It's just not Louisville's year. This game tonight is a perfect example. UNC has had at least five hits just out of the reach of Cards defenders while every Cards similar at bats UNC defenders have just enough space to make the play. The Cards extra base hits just go foul.

This has been the norm these past few weeks. It's like we have the shortest arm infielders in the game. So it's not just been subpar pitching and defense, this team just hasn't had much good luck at all.
IMO, Dan’s teams always play with a chip on their shoulder and a bit of arrogance. They back it up with their strong pitching and usually aggressive offense (stealing bases). It’s hard to keep that up if your pitching can’t keep up and your defense is not as stellar. We are playing like Eeyore. Poor pitiful me, what’s going to happen next.

It doesn’t help when you are constantly hitting the ball at fielders. Bad luck. Maybe better luck tomorrow.

GO CARDS!!!

Feel like a broken record. Pitcher kept in too long. Once again Kriran takes more i come the 5th inning.

Ok, I get the difficult pitching situations this year. What blows my mind is the way our bats seem to just disappear in certain games. Some real head scratching??

Reactions: gocds and earsky
New day, same old shit. A 2 out walk and another RBI hit just out of the reach of a Cards infielder. Strange times indeed.

Have to say this is the worst pitching staff of the McDonnell era. I love Cards baseball so I watch these games, but in all honesty I'm not looking forward to any post season games. This team I believe is done.

Reactions: Bardman
Have to say this is the worst pitching staff of the McDonnell era. I love Cards baseball so I watch these games, but in all honesty I'm not looking forward to any post season games. This team I believe is done.
There is still a lot of baseball to be played and as bad as it seems to get it can turn around quickly or then again, maybe it won’t.

It's more of not being focused on confidence than quitting. In baseball, personal stats are enough to motivate players to give effort but the realization that they're not as good as they thought can effect their confidence.

They're basically going through the motions. Those playing well are looking ahead to the draft while those not eligible for the draft are lamenting their struggles. And they're playing these conference foes who are looking for some payback after the Cards dominance of the conference for over a decade now.

Throw in bad luck and you got a season dwindling swoon.

Some of you beat me to it. Seems line they are going through the motions, no intensity, etc. Very sad to see.

Reactions: Deeva
Just take Davis striking out on a change up in the dirt when its all that pitcher has been throwing. Then getting thrown out at 3rd base for the 3rd out down three runs.

They're going through the motions and they're competitive minds are on cruise control. After all, they're all in their early 20's and there's a lot of stuff going on in the world to distract them.

Just take Davis striking out on a change up in the dirt when its all that pitcher has been throwing. Then getting thrown out at 3rd base for the 3rd out down three runs.

They're going through the motions and they're competitive minds are on cruise control. After all, they're all in their early 20's and there's a lot of stuff going on in the world to distract them.
Like what? Or was that sarcasm?

Pathetic hitting. UNC is a very average baseball team with very average pitching. Our hitting is beyond terrible. And that goes for each and every hitter in our lineup.

GO CARDS!!!

I saw it early in the season and many thought I was just being pessimistic for no reason, but it was clear that this group, especially on the mound, was way below Louisville baseball standards.

But baseball players improve and I was somewhat hopeful this would happen, but the pitching has gotten worse and the lineup has been inconsistent all season. It's Davis and Binelas and that's pretty much it. Even the stolen bases are misleading as this team has run itself out of innings a bunch of times.

Just an all around down year and with the two best hitters moving on, next season will be a huge challenge for Coach McDonnell.

Real: I think all college sports are well below normal expectations; not just UL. Watching schools like IU in football become so much improved, then watching Duke and UK becoming so bad in basketball and now watching so much more balance in college baseball ......... this Covid season has affected college sports in ways that no one could have predicted.

When was the last time Arkansas was so dominant in college baseball?

In this UNC series, no one should assign our pitching with responsibility for these 2 losses ......... 1 run in two (2) games is not going to beat anyone. In game one, Alex swings and misses for a 3rd strike with bases loaded and 2 out; that pretty much summed it up for me.

Davis is the only pure hitter on the roster. He can hit to all fields. The SS is going to be a really good hitter. The rest of the lineup aren’t going to hit for average. The other coaches, it appears, has figured out how to pitch them.

It has been the biggest surprise of the season. I thought it was the year layoff early on but they have not improved.

They are an OK team. I am sticking to they will not make the tournament.

Davis is the only pure hitter on the roster. He can hit to all fields. The SS is going to be a really good hitter. The rest of the lineup aren’t going to hit for average. The other coaches, it appears, has figured out how to pitch them.

It has been the biggest surprise of the season. I thought it was the year layoff early on but they have not improved.

They are an OK team. I am sticking to they will not make the tournament.
I think there are other pieces to work with. Brown and Bowman have consistently been above or around .300. Add Davis of course, who until recently was hovering around .400. But all of these guys are loaded at the top of the lineup so opponents can work around these guys. I will say that I have always been a proponent of having your best at the top but offensively it’s not working. I don’t like Davis hitting in the 2 hole now. Dan is trying different things but he really is limited to what he can do. An example is Usher and Leonard. Usher steals bases but he can’t get on base. He strikes out as much as Binelas. Leonard swings at every thing. He only has 6 BB’s so his base stealing ability is negated as well. The answer is Masterman, who has some pop but is in a horrendous slump. Dan is stuck somewhat but I think you go back to Rushing at DH. Even in his limited play, he has more RBIs than Usher or Leonard. Isn’t that what we need? Runs? I would only use Usher or Leonard as a pinch runner or as a late defensive sub.

For some reason we are “taking” far too many pitches and I’m not sure why. Perhaps it’s a lack of confidence in our individual hitting ability. Getting walks is important but hits are far more important. Just my own opinion.

GO CARDS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT