ADVERTISEMENT

ZaKiyah Johnson now with 40 offers

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I hope I spelled her name right but the Sacred Heart sophomore now has 40 offers. She picked up another offer this week from Texas. I hope our coaching staff is making her a priority.

I am sure they are. Comes down to IF she wants to stay home and play for the home team. If she wants to go away for college there just isn’t anything CJW can do. If she is that good….she can make it to the next level regardless of where she plays.

Reactions: HiStepper
I join all on this site in hoping that she selects UL, but I fear the focus on recruiting HS kids will no longer be the priority for CJW, or elsewhere. LSU just demonstrated to anyone interested in WBB, that major success will come from the Transfer Portal, and there are two very powerful reasons why:

1. The Portal offers schools much coveted experienced players, something that does not always materialize from those coming out of HS.

2. There are no assurances that successful recruitment of a HS senior will result is their staying for more than a year.

I hate what the NIL & the Portal are doing to amateur athletics, particularly college sports ….. but regrettably it is the new reality that UL and most everyone else is quickly adjusting to.

I do not doubt her talent; I am just not interested in “playing the waiting game” on any underclassmen making a decision that no one on this board has a clue as to what a teenager will do.

I can assure you that Coach Jeff Walz and staff are doing everything possible to get Johnson to Louisville. The same can be said for Leah Macy the 6’3” player from Mercy. As someone else said, if they desire to leave the city there’s not a whole heck of a lot we can do. All I can tell you is that I see both of them at our games all of the time.

Last edited:
It would be nice if Leah and ZiKiyah would have several Freshmen coming in with them who they can relate to instead of Junior and Senior transfer portals.

They might. Yet, recruiting and roster building has totally changed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT