ADVERTISEMENT

Wristbands

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
I remember thinking during the scrimmages that these new wristbands that the pitchers were wearing for getting signals should speed up the game.

Exhibit #1 yesterday
2 hours and 16 minutes.
Not sure if the networks will like them but I know for sure Sean Moth will 😅

Well, there is certainly an emphasis on speeding up the game. Yesterday, in a game between Arizona and Tennessee, the Tennessee batter got irate and was yelling at the umpire because he wanted a timeout. He clearly asked for it early enough but the umpire wouldn't give it to him.

Yeah, I like that they are. Also, sounds like they're trying to clean up some of the shenanigans that have been going on with hitters trying to throw off the pitchers.

I like that well enough. However, the BS that these young guys can’t celebrate >> Homerun helmet - is such bullshit. Heaven forbid you have some flippin fun.

Reactions: earsky
Lol,wristbands ain't helping today. Three reviews so far and two pitching changes. 4th inning and we're almost 2 hours in.

Reactions: Bardman
Yes. They were performing CPR and had the AED out. Not good. Hope the person is ok. They took them out and appeared to have O2 hooked up, etc. They didn’t have the siren on when they left which could be bad, or good.

Reactions: CardX
Yes. They were performing CPR and had the AED out. Not good. Hope the person is ok. They took them out and appeared to have O2 hooked up, etc. They didn’t have the siren on when they left which could be bad, or good.
I had just left before the medical emergency. Hope the person involved is ok.

I like that well enough. However, the BS that these young guys can’t celebrate >> Homerun helmet - is such bullshit. Heaven forbid you have some flippin fun.
They can still do the home run helmet, just not on the field. I think UT screwed everything up for everyone last year with their shenanigans.

UofL using PitchCom. Bucknell using the traditional wristbands with cards inserted.

Search YouTube for PitchCom. Pretty cool.

It is much better. Saturday was more about pitches not throwing strikes and multiple reviews.

UofL using PitchCom. Bucknell using the traditional wristbands with cards inserted.

Search YouTube for PitchCom. Pretty cool.
Not sure that colleges are using the propriety system PitchCom. It has only been approved for use by MLB. Louisville and other schools have been using one-way electronic devices to communicate between pitcher and catcher which was allowed 2021. There are a couple of systems out there like Game Day Signals.

Not sure that colleges are using the propriety system PitchCom. It has only been approved for use by MLB. Louisville and other schools have been using one-way electronic devices to communicate between pitcher and catcher which was allowed 2021. There are a couple of systems out there like Game Day Signals.
Definitely breaking into NCAA per this tweet. That said, I haven't seen anything identifying UofL as using their specific technology but I am guessing they are all pretty similar. Definitely appears to be helping pace of play in the limited sample of this past weekend.

I remember thinking during the scrimmages that these new wristbands that the pitchers were wearing for getting signals should speed up the game.

Exhibit #1 yesterday
2 hours and 16 minutes.
Not sure if the networks will like them but I know for sure Sean Moth will 😅
Can anyone tell me if the baseball tournament in Houston will be televised?

You’d think it would be televised based on several of the matchups.

Did a little digging. It is indeed ATT SportsNet SW.
I'm assuming you might have to stream these games through the website or the app.
I'm guessing that's a misspelling on the schedule

Reactions: Bardman
I'm assuming you might have to stream these games through the website or the app.
"AT&T SportsNet serves the Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions."

If ESPN+ doesn't air the games, I'm SOL, as I already pay an arm and a leg for a variety of streaming services. I'll tune in to whatever radio channel Moth calls the games on.

Also says Astros.com so no telling. I’d have to imagine there will be a viewing option somehow that doesn’t involve a regional package in Texas. At least I hope so

"AT&T SportsNet serves the Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions."

If ESPN+ doesn't air the games, I'm SOL, as I already pay an arm and a leg for a variety of streaming services. I'll tune in to whatever radio channel Moth calls the games on.

Would you still be able to get the app and stream it? I might see if it offers a 30 day trial and stream from the app.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT