ADVERTISEMENT

Would you trade…

To add to my post, if we lose to Miami and it turns out we don’t get to play in the championship game then Kentucky will be playing a deflated Louisville team…..kinda like after we got beat by Houston and the team just didn’t show up for the Kentucky game the next week

To add to my post, if we lose to Miami and it turns out we don’t get to play in the championship game then Kentucky will be playing a deflated Louisville team…..kinda like after we got beat by Houston and the team just didn’t show up for the Kentucky game the next week
Different sheriff in town. Plus will still be playing for a very good bowl

Come on guys, the purpose of the question is you can only have one or the other. Of course we would rather win all three. No need to respond with that.

If only one thing could happen, what would you prefer? That's it. Very simple concept. The hard part is deciding which one you would prefer. That's why it's an interesting question.

Losing to Miami and FSU wouldn't be embarrassing or as disappointing as losing at home to an average UK team. The home field winning streak would be over and that would suck.

And losing to UK again would keep the Cards out of the playoff even if we beat FSU. A 11 and 2 Cards team would get a major bowl as would a 10 and 3 record. So, the question really comes down to,

Would you rather see the Cards as ACC champs or would you rather see UK's winning streak against the Cards ended?

Normally, I would take winning 2 out of 3 instead of just 1 out of 3, but I have to admit I would choose beating UK. Now if we were undefeated and had a playoff opportunity, I would choose the opposite.

A loss against Miami and, a loss against FSU in the ACC title game, for a decisive victory over Porky Stupes and those sorry SOB’s yuts?

Because I think I would.
NO… but if you win both of those you should beat Lexington too anyway

Reactions: CardX
I want the ACC Championship but I have to say would it be hollow if UK can say that they own the ACC Champs and we play in a weak league that they could win. I would rather beat Miami and UK and lose to FSU. That way we played in the Title game, beat our rival and we still get the Orange Bowl most likely.

I think even with the schedule being "easy" we have surpassed expectations with how this team meshed with so many new players. I'm the first to admit I wished we had a qb a little more steady, but willing to also admit we might have another loss or 2 without him. Most will admit we didn't think we would be in this position year 1. I'm happy either way, but if I had to choose it would be the acc championship. Going to beat them at home anyway. Going to be sweeter to go down there next year and send them home early to tend the pigs.

• Love
Reactions: Knoffs73
Beating UK does nothing for recruiting. Beating FSU and Miami helps recruiting. That is the name of the game. It isn’t even close.
Recruiting is doing just fine either way. Don't think winning or losing against UK is going to change that.

Getting to the ACC championship game is great but mostly for the reason of winning it. Even if the ACC title doesn't get a team to the playoff, it's still a championship title which is a higher priority than a regular season game.

But, we're talking about our big rival UK and a losing streak to them. Had the Cards split the past four games they faced UK, it would be an easy call for me.

However, as we all know, the Cards haven't even been competitive against them in years. For them to beat us again during our ACC championship season would really be tough to stomach.

For me, what's more important each season is winning the conference and making the playoff. Beating UK is right there but we all should agree that this stretch where they have dominated has to end. It needs to end.

But like I said earlier, if winning the ACC meant going to the playoff, even with a loss to UK, I would choose that.

Some of us will have other chances to beat UK some may not.

I want to beat them this year or at least before I die. Losing again to those...is almost as bad as death.

Go Cards beat the Cats!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I'll say this...from a game day emotional aspect, losing to Miami and FSU will be disappointing...losing to Porky and his clowns really gets me hot under the collar. Intellectually, of course the impact on am ACC championship is off the charts for the program...so this is a heart vs head question for me. FB is all about heart and emotion...so, give me a win next week and a 10 win season and it'll be a little bit of "what if?", but my dog won't be scared of me.

Well, now I'm on the same page as the majority...let's take care of FSU and get the Orange! Was a best case scenario for us regardless of this debacle of a game. Props to Leary, threw some really pretty balls out there...let that be the last of our fumbles though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT