ADVERTISEMENT

Why do quiet?

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
You would think players like HVL, Lauren Betts and Lexi Donarski would have already landed somewhere. I wonder why there is no noise about where they are going.

Reactions: Deeva
My guess, unlike these guys in the portal, the ladies (at least many) do not already have a landing spot. My guess is HVL does but hasn’t revealed it yet.

I can’t speak to the status of them but I do expect CJW to announce the signing of Cal State Bakersfield forward Hennie Van Schaik. She’s a 6‘4” native of the Netherlands and was on the Big West All-Freshman team last season and this season led CSB in scoring and rebounding. She averaged 11.6 points and 7.2 rebounds a game as a sophomore.

Jeff also mentioned it on the Deener show this morning that they got a commitment from a 6’4” player over the weekend and planned to announce her today. I think due the tragic shootings, they postponed that announcement. He also mentioned they have another recruit in town today and 2-3 more visiting over the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

I like what you’re posting about future Cardinals that sounds good, wouldn’t it be hilarious if we ended up with a Final Four team next year. CJW is a great floor coach he just needs the players I like he is going after some bigs.

Speaking of "bigs" just finished watching my taping of the WNBA Draft and 3 of the first 5 draft choices were 6-5 ot bigger 👍

Jeff and UL WBB will be just fine without HVL. I loved Hailey’s contributions over her time here, and her energy was boundless. Jeff will recruit more “complimentary players“ rather than one single dominant player like a HVL or Clark. Miami demonstrated how successful a team can be without a 5 Star elite player dominating in the half court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT