ADVERTISEMENT

Buyer’s remorse for HVL?

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
A recent ESPN poll identified the top 25 Women‘s College Basketball players, and HVL was absent from that list. As I understand Hailey is currently injured and not participating in the LSU a games, but prior to her injury, she was clearly not contributing anywhere close to the level that she exhibited at UL. Perhaps in part, it is about the incredible amount of talent at LSU, but I think Van Lith and her father can see that she simply does not fit in at LSU, and could have played a far more significant role had she remained at UL, or transferred to somewhere like IU where her talent could be better applied.

Elite level work ethic, average athletic ability. I thought there were a number of times during the regular season last year when she tried to do more than she was capable of doing, to the detriment of the team.

I am honestly happy she chose to pursue her grad degree elsewhere. But I do hope she heals quickly from her Plantar Fasciitis injury and has a good year, losing to us in the Elite 8 while we are on our way to the program’s first national championship.

Elite level work ethic, average athletic ability. I thought there were a number of times during the regular season last year when she tried to do more than she was capable of doing, to the detriment of the team.

I am honestly happy she chose to pursue her grad degree elsewhere. But I do hope she heals quickly from her Plantar Fasciitis injury and has a good year, losing to us in the Elite 8 while we are on our way to the program’s first national championship.
From what I've seen so far we won't come close to sniffing a Nat Champ or a Final Four 🤢

Last edited:
The thing HVL lost the most was exposure, at Louisville since she was the main show She was the one all the announcers talked about. That is not the case at LSU by the end of the season she might not even be talked about or she could even lose her starting position. I have watched LSU play twice this year and HVL did not get the minutes she had at Louisville. She also is not getting the ball as much since the LSU players are going to shoot before they pass.

Every time I watch the women play this year and see no HVL out there I almost weep 😪
What a bummer !
You mean a player that has more turnover than assists. Drives to the basket over penetrates and shoots from under the basket. Or the player that pouts. I don’t miss her a darn bit. She was a cancer on the team last year
What have this year is a team having to play with each other, but actually enjoy playing with each other and it shows. I suspect will be playing better by March. If not we better start ponying up some NIL money for WWB.

HVL went LSU to play point guard. She is averaging more assists and less TO's but 10 minutes less per game and taking half the shots she did at Louisville. Like you said she is not the featured 'star" like at Louisville

HVL went LSU to play point guard. She is averaging more assists and less TO's but 10 minutes less per game and taking half the shots she did at Louisville. Like you said she is not the featured 'star" like at Louisville
And, she is not going to get the spotlight from Mulkey!! HVL is way down the list on that team.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Good to hear from Jack!

My OP was not intended to take a cheap shot at HVL, or her father; rather I truly believe that Mr Van Lith is like most fathers who just want the best for their daughter. The difference here is the Van Lith family got caught up in the glitter of Mulkey & LSU Women’s Basketball, particularly after the NC. I am sure NIL was a part of their decision, but back to the original question about “buyers remorse” …….. I suspect the family knows it was a mistake to leave UL, even without the injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT