No-Ranking Prospect
Aug 15, 2001
Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
12:00, ESPN2
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
Big Ten vs. SEC
Projection: Purdue vs. Kentucky

Purdue would have to jump over a few Big Ten teams...But who would sell more tickets? Purdue or MSU....NW...Iowa?

I think the Purdue vs. OSU game had the highest rating of year on ABC at that point in time.

MSU would sell more tickets. Honestly outside of Iowa and Chicago nobody would really care. Iowa, NW just aren’t sexy programs. Their style of football is like watching NFL games from the 60’s. Even the SEC has embraced spreadish style offenses.

But to answer your original question easy. Purdue. UK is still our rival.

Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
Big Ten vs. SEC

Purdue would have to jump over a few Big Ten teams...But who would sell more tickets? Purdue or MSU....NW...Iowa?

I think the Purdue vs. OSU game had the highest rating of year on ABC at that point in time.

Purdue has ZERO chance for that bowl with their record. Prob should stop reading whatever sight you got that projection from.

Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
Big Ten vs. SEC

Purdue hands down .I have nothing against Purdue honestly and if Brohm is still coaching....always pull for a Louisville kid

Reactions: vegasville1
I have a standing bet with friend for “bowl season”

He gets the $EC teams and I get the opponents. Straight up. No points.

Sometimes he wins a little. Sometimes I do.

He definitely has never paid any bills on the back of the most powerful football conference known to man. ;)

Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
Big Ten vs. SEC

Best season in 40 years and we would get stuck with a 6-6 team that was only bowl eligible by beating IU? That would be a complete disappointment...

UK will get someone like Penn State. That's who they played when Couch was there if I am not mistaken.

Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
Big Ten vs. SEC

No way in hell a 6-6 team makes that bowl

Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
Big Ten vs. SEC

I would root for UK because I have a degree from UofL and UK.

Outback Bowl
Tuesday, January 1st
Big Ten vs. SEC

Is rooting for a meteor to hit the studium allowed as an answer?

Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT