ADVERTISEMENT

Who cheats in soccer?

CardLaw

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Report out today is that UNC apparently self-reported cheating in their soccer program. Soccer. Not football. Not basketball. Soccer. How effed up as an athletic department do you have to be to cheat in a sport like soccer? Not even parents or girlfriends show up for the games. It's soccer. Twenty-two guys kicking a ball back and forth to each other for an hour and a half. No one ever wins because no one ever scores. It's soccer.

The only "fans" at the game are the fat chicks who have the hots for the midfielder. They figure since the moms and girlfriends aren't there, they will be noticed and their gesture appreciated. Of course they are noticed - its the only damn person in the stands. Poor thing. Instead of being appreciated, she becomes and object of curiosity among the players:

Player 1: What's with the fat chick in the stands?
Player 2: I dunno. Know her?
Player 1: Nah. You?
Player 2: Heck no. You are the home team. I figured she was with you guys.
Player 3: Maybe she got lost.
Player 4: Or maybe she thought you guys were from Bulgaria.
Player 1: Bulgaria? Why Bulgaria?
Player 4: They dig fat chicks there, I heard.
Player 2: Where is Bulgaria? Is it in Nebraska?
Player 3: No, you dumbass - it's in Minnesota.
Player 1: Close to North Dakota, I think.
Player 2: Oh.

I wonder if the NCAA let out a laugh when they got the news. They probably thought to themselves: "Soccer? Who the hell cheats at soccer? If we punish them, will anyone even know?"

Reactions: Rollem Cards
The hottest women on the planet are either married to or dating soccer players....sooooo

Report out today is that UNC apparently self-reported cheating in their soccer program. Soccer. Not football. Not basketball. Soccer. How effed up as an athletic department do you have to be to cheat in a sport like soccer? Not even parents or girlfriends show up for the games. It's soccer. Twenty-two guys kicking a ball back and forth to each other for an hour and a half. No one ever wins because no one ever scores. It's soccer.

The only "fans" at the game are the fat chicks who have the hots for the midfielder. They figure since the moms and girlfriends aren't there, they will be noticed and their gesture appreciated. Of course they are noticed - its the only damn person in the stands. Poor thing. Instead of being appreciated, she becomes and object of curiosity among the players:

I wonder if the NCAA let out a laugh when they got the news. They probably thought to themselves: "Soccer? Who the hell cheats at soccer? If we punish them, will anyone even know?"

Strange post, especially for a Louisville message board. Louisville soccer teams draw thousands of fans to their games.

Soccer players are great athletes.

I thought you were going to throw jabs @ UNC not the sport of soccer.

UNC appears to be one big mess.

Strange post, especially for a Louisville message board. Louisville soccer teams draw thousands of fans to their games.

I have driven past UofL's soccer fields on I-65 during games on a few occasions. The "fan base" was ... shall we say ... intimate. I would not be surprised if every fan left the game with the cell phone number of all the others in attendance. After all, who doesn't want to relive endlessly the shared memories of a 0-0 game?

I have driven past UofL's soccer fields on I-65 during games on a few occasions. The "fan base" was ... shall we say ... intimate. I would not be surprised if every fan left the game with the cell phone number of all the others in attendance. After all, who doesn't want to relive endlessly the shared memories of a 0-0 game?
Do you think the same for Louisville baseball?
2014-15 % home attendance
Baseball 2630
Soccer 3572 (total att lead the nation)

Lynn stadium is the second biggest stadium project behind PJCS.

You might not like soccer, but plenty of people in Louisville and the world do like it.

Last edited:
I would assume the coach wants to win and that coach has incentives to win. Anyone that has an incentive to win also may cut corners to achieve wins.

Wow...is that you Donald? Talk about the reverse of politically correct... how refreshing even if I think your position is stupid, rambling and ill-informed!! HAHA

Hey, if some of ya'll actually like soccer, that's your business. Just proves that if you drop enough acid, ANYTHING can be interesting to watch for hours. I'll stick with the faster-paced games - like curling and watching paint dry.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Wow...is that you Donald? Talk about the reverse of politically correct... how refreshing even if I think your position is stupid, rambling and ill-informed!! HAHA

Screw political correctness. It's caused way more problems than it's cured.

Some like soccer. Some don't. I don't care for it, but I don't care if you do. Just don't waste time trying to sell it to me. I ain't buying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT