FSU ? They barely beat Samford.

This is looking like a bridge year.

Reactions: Cue Card
Last nite was a monsoon vs a 1AA squad.

Next is a C-usa team.

Then VA who lost to IU.

FSU ? They barely beat Samford.

This is looking like a bridge year.
It very well could be. The Cards are super young, and thus far sans Clemson and Virginia Tech, the ACC has not looked all that strong. It could be a bridge year for the Cards and the ACC.

It may be a “bridge year”, but that has nothing to do with how good or bad our schedule is.

Reactions: Chapman123
Its the 5th year in what was supposed to be an improvement in our coaching situation and our recruiting. Even with a new conference and tons more money into the program we are worse off than when Strong left in terms of talent and the coaching is not even mediocre. Thank goodness the ACC appears down now so maybe we have a shot at 6 wins although I'm not sure where those will come from. We can debate why the rehire didn't really work out as intended but it doesn't really matter why. You can't con the fans forever although some fans will continue to buy into it.

Do you cheer for the team these days MM or for opportunities to further your narrative? I mean heaven forbid things should improve, right?

No one is thrilled with Bobby or the coaching staff these days, but continually spewing the same garbage about how "it's time for a change" is just unproductive. Everyone, but most importantly, the right people will know definitively when if/when a change needs to be made. I'd personally prefer to see Bobby coach his way out of these downtrodden times. I thought his ability to keep the team together and patch up the defense over the second half of last season was impressive- not that anyone around here noticed. That stretch where we rolled Virginia, Syracuse and UK showed improvement. I know it was three bottom feeders, but there was a turnaround.

Let's see if this team comes together or collapses and evaluate Bobby at the end of the schedule.

Do you cheer for the team these days MM or for opportunities to further your narrative? I mean heaven forbid things should improve, right?

No one is thrilled with Bobby or the coaching staff these days, but continually spewing the same garbage about how "it's time for a change" is just unproductive. Everyone, but most importantly, the right people will know definitively when if/when a change needs to be made. I'd personally prefer to see Bobby coach his way out of these downtrodden times. I thought his ability to keep the team together and patch up the defense over the second half of last season was impressive- not that anyone around here noticed. That stretch where we rolled Virginia, Syracuse and UK showed improvement. I know it was three bottom feeders, but there was a turnaround.

Let's see if this team comes together or collapses and evaluate Bobby at the end of the schedule.

Our discussions here should be able to be open and honest without someone questioning people's status as fans. That is just a cheap argument for those who refuse to see reality and who have no ability to be objective. No one and I mean no one was happier than me when Jurich rehired Petrino. However, this is not the same coach as before and not the same man. He is not the driven ass hole we used to love. He is just an average coach at best now who doesn't demand the perfection he once did. He can beat teams that have less talent and resources than we give him here but he is not going to produce top 10 teams any longer and when you look at the teams he puts on the field now compared to his first time here and his time at Arkansas, it is easy to see why.

Definitely something going on since the Houston game. Up until that point everything was on track program wise. They were beating the teams they were supposed to and super competitive against elite teams like FSU/Clemson. Then the Houston game happened now the program is losing to teams they shouldn't and have been destroyed by the elite programs. There is some disconnect internally,

You really get the feel people inside the program aren't on the same page.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT