ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys think of this suit filed by players?

Nevertheless. They were ineligible players who won three banners that still fly. Different rules for different schools. Exactly on point.
Its more like different rules for different times. UK actually took the brunt of the punishment. Many schools had players doing the same thing and didn't get punished at all.

Nice deflection from your point. UK and CCNY won championships in that period with players who should not have been eligible. Clearly. The NCAA had no enforcement at the time. Players were caught by US attorney, took pleas, and were banned. The penalty UK took was imposed by the SEC, not the NCAA. Nevertheless, under the rules used now, enforced against Louisville, Kentucky would have three banners stripped. No question about it.

Reactions: gocds
Nice deflection from your point. UK and CCNY won championships in that period with players who should not have been eligible. Clearly. The NCAA had no enforcement at the time. Players were caught by US attorney, took pleas, and were banned. The penalty UK took was imposed by the SEC, not the NCAA. Nevertheless, under the rules used now, enforced against Louisville, Kentucky would have three banners stripped. No question about it.
This whole UK scandal in the 50s discussion is a deflection from the topic of the thread.

Reactions: wilkie01
Me personally. I hope you do. The Ncaa needs a wake up call. Why not UL. Those kids earned every win. My feelings toward RP has nothing to do with that great run those young men went on .im a realist. This crazy rivalry is more with our citizens of this state. Then those young men who actually do the work. RP used this state. Red and Blue side. He deserves whatever he gets. But those young men deserve better.

Yes that's true but it doesn't change today.

Your UK buddy asked the question if anybody had ever had ineligible players without losing a title. I supplied a precise answer.
Nope. None of those players were deemed ineligible. In your own words "won championships in that period with players who should not have been eligible", in other words, they were eligible. It was actually the NCAA that dished out the no basketball for one season punishment.

Even when you're proven wrong you still refuse to admit it. In Kentucky, a misdemeanor has a 1 year statute of limitation, which means, AM can't be at risk.
Not if new evidence comes out. That resets the clock. Why don't you think he's already telling his side of the story?

Stick to stuff you know more about (which I'll grant you ain't much...)

Well of course a slapd!ck would make that argument. On principle, they're the same. Sucks for you in this debate...
Doesn’t suck for me. We have our titles. History is what it is bud. You and uncle Rico can’t jump on that time machine and go back to the 50s to make someone swipe our banners. Even if you could it would be overshadowed by the fact that Rico would have won state. He would have went pro and right now he’d be soakin it up in a hot tub With his soul mate.

You’re not getting anywhere with your standard flare. Every time this discussion pops up you love to bring up something from the 1950s that UK did. Nobody cares man.

Doesn’t suck for me. We have our titles. History is what it is bud. You and uncle Rico can’t jump on that time machine and go back to the 50s to make someone swipe our banners. Even if you could it would be overshadowed by the fact that Rico would have won state. He would have went pro and right now he’d be soakin it up in a hot tub With his soul mate.

You’re not getting anywhere with your standard flare. Every time this discussion pops up you love to bring up something from the 1950s that UK did. Nobody cares man.
When you stop counting those banners, I'll lose interest in them too.

Bud...

Reactions: wilkie01 and gocds
Yeah, I wonder why we respond to uahkay/cayut posters ON OUR BOARD. Here I go, I’m doing it also. Hey whomever is responsible for banning these fools please do your job. They started this thread to get a rise out of us and that is, in my opinion, a bannable offense.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: ThroughBlue
The issue for the Louisville players is to determine why the NCAA singled them out for such harsh punishment, and different punishment than in other cases. A few players received a few hundred dollars of impermissible benefits, which was discovered long after the fact. Many times, players and schools have been permitted to repay the amount and have the transgression expunged, but not in this case. In the Point shaving scandal, players were banned from further play, but no penalty was assessed against prior records or titles. Why the difference? Will the NCAA want to have the exposure in court, or will they settle for some lesser penalty (such as the self imposed penalty). I think the guys have a shot, and Ihope they do get justice. For the people, man. For the people.

Not if new evidence comes out. That resets the clock. Why don't you think he's already telling his side of the story?

Stick to stuff you know more about (which I'll grant you ain't much...)
No it doesnt. The only instance I'm aware of is felony charges when new DNA evidence is found, there is a special federal law for that. I'd love to see what you found.

Last edited:
Nope. None of those players were deemed ineligible. In your own words "won championships in that period with players who should not have been eligible", in other words, they were eligible. It was actually the NCAA that dished out the no basketball for one season punishment.
And now we come full circle, Luke was not ruled ineligible either. I understand why you’re arguing about the team’s perspective but this is about “wronged individuals,” which means innocent people were excessively punished.

And now we come full circle, Luke was not ruled ineligible either. I understand why you’re arguing about the team’s perspective but this is about “wronged individuals,” which means innocent people were excessively punished.
Yes, people not involved were punished by extension I guess. But there is no way to split that baby. Either the school/team are punished or no one. I don't know how you could single out the guys not involved, either the games count or they don't. Thats the issue with the suit, it would require full reinstatement of vacated games and the title to make Luke and the others "whole". The NCAA can't do that or they'll have no power again over anyone. I don't believe a judge would have the authority to force a reinstatement. At any rate, we'll all see over the next few months.

Yes, people not involved were punished by extension I guess. But there is no way to split that baby. Either the school/team are punished or no one. I don't know how you could single out the guys not involved, either the games count or they don't. Thats the issue with the suit, it would require full reinstatement of vacated games and the title to make Luke and the others "whole". The NCAA can't do that or they'll have no power again over anyone. I don't believe a judge would have the authority to force a reinstatement. At any rate, we'll all see over the next few months.
Sure there is. If a guy paid $100 for a lap dance, make him pay $100 to the NCAA. Pay them interest for good measure. What basketball advantage did we gain that they can literally prove we got from that fiasco? AM and KP were the only ones who profited.

Reactions: Mayoman
Sure there is. If a guy paid $100 for a lap dance, make him pay $100 to the NCAA. Pay them interest for good measure. What basketball advantage did we gain that they can literally prove we got from that fiasco? AM and KP were the only ones who profited.

You don’t have to gain a basketball advantage. You only have to attempt to gain an advantage through the avenue of an impermissible benefit. Once a recruit and his family received these services The rule was deemed broken. By word of the rule the monetary value of the benefit is irrelevant. But honestly In my opinion if it were just lap dances we would not be having this discussion right now.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
You don’t have to gain a basketball advantage. You only have to attempt to gain an advantage through the avenue of an impermissible benefit. Once a recruit and his family received these services The rule was deemed broken. By word of the rule the monetary value of the benefit is irrelevant. But honestly In my opinion if it were just lap dances we would not be having this discussion right now.
Oh impermissible benefits? You mean like what Bam, Knox, Richards and Diallo got?

You can’t prove it was more than lap dances because that’s all hearsay. KP is not a credible source, I don’t care what books she has written. Not so sure she can even spell at this point.

You can’t prove it was more than lap dances because that’s all hearsay. KP is not a credible source, I don’t care what books she has written. Not so sure she can even spell at this point.
I’m not out to prove anything. I’m just giving you the facts. I agree it’s a tough deal.

Stick to stuff you know more about (which I'll grant you ain't much...)[/QUOT

H e
Oh impermissible benefits? You mean like what Bam, Knox, Richards and Diallo got?

Hey i agree. I lived in Memphis and worked for the FD. I got to meet the real insiders of AAU ball in Memphis. A good friend actually trains a lot of the top talent in Memphis. Some of the stories i personally was told, would blow your mind. Guys this became a money business in the 60s. These young men have people around them spitting out dollar amounts all the time. I would almost guarantee 3* up at some point received something that broke Ncaa rules. My issue. Like with Knox (not sure what info you have on Richards and Diallo) is the illegal benefits supposly happened when he was a Soph in HS. Not even committed to UK. Nerlens got his cash after he declared for the NBA. Shouldnt that be on the kid and the agent? Not the school? Had the truth really came out about Bledsoe. That entire season would of been gone. And probably Cals job. My issue again is. Bledsoe was living in a car with his family as a JN in HS. He was not even being recruited by UK. But because he had help getting through that year to be able to keep playing. UK should take that bullet ? As a SN in HS Bledsoe now living in an apt with his family. Stayed on top of his school wk. Became cleared to play D1 ball. We all know his JN year is suspect at best. Do you keep the young man from going on to better himself and his families? Do you try to bring him down and the University for something that happened 3 years before. And 2 years before he had even committed to UK ?. I dont know? Maybe you do?. Then you have good UL players being punished for the. Actions of a few, and some coaches. Gotta change this entire approach. Praise kids for over coming adversity. Acknowledge them for doing great things they worked so hard in. The Ncaa needs to be a wash. Will never happen until more money is offered to these schools to walk away.

If I remember correctly, UL already agreed that it all happened.

It was obvious that KP and her girls were there. But U of L didn’t confirm which one had sex or lap dance or whatever. Again that would be hearsay by KP and maybe Blakeney, who I also wouldn’t consider credible.
Well, I dont know what to say. Both UL and the NCAA interviewed lots of players who would have first hand knowledge. You can believe as you wish I guess.

No it doesnt. The only instance I'm aware of is felony charges when new DNA evidence is found, there is a special federal law for that. I'd love to see what you found.
McGee never had charges brought. It would simply be newly discovered evidence.

If there's no risk, why don't you think he's in the newspaper singing his version of what really happened? An Uber driver can certainly use the money...

McGee never had charges brought. It would simply be newly discovered evidence.

If there's no risk, why don't you think he's in the newspaper singing his version of what really happened? An Uber driver can certainly use the money...
You are really a piece of work. You are ridiculously wrong and it's hilarious. Go on, impress me with more of your legal brilliance. I'd still love to see a link to that legal theory. You can find one, cant you zipp?

You are really a piece of work. You are ridiculously wrong and it's hilarious. Go on, impress me with more of your legal brilliance. I'd still love to see a link to that legal theory. You can find one, cant you zipp?
And why doesn't McGee tell the world his story since he's legally in the clear? He's in the clear, right slapd!ck??..

th

Patience. He will at some point
According to the other slapd!ck, there's no reason to wait legally.

Maybe you guys can get together and flush McGee out. Kinda like going after a guy that installs roofing...

WTH does that mean? The "pot" is unstirred? Or is Uber paying McGee more than enough bread?

Face it slappy, the facts don't fit your argument...
Lol, good grief. What it means is, why would AM want to talk about the sordid details. You are trying to conflate him not talking to being proof that if he did he could be prosecuted. Thats ridiculous and I've already proven it.

Lol, good grief. What it means is, why would AM want to talk about the sordid details. You are trying to conflate him not talking to being proof that if he did he could be prosecuted. Thats ridiculous and I've already proven it.
No, I'm using logic that an otherwise obscure guy who's no longer shackled with legal risk and under legal advice would want to speak for himself on a matter that put him in the center of national attention. And a guy who made six figures and who now drives an Uber for a living.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous...

No, I'm using logic that an otherwise obscure guy who's no longer shackled with legal risk and under legal advice would want to speak for himself on a matter that put him in the center of national attention. And a guy who made six figures and who now drives an Uber for a living.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous...
If you say so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT