ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys think of this suit filed by players?

lawyers will be happy

it may make them happy and satisfied , will they even be considered as having standing?

money not well spent and only makes prior issues more viewable

I think if they can ever get the case heard by a jury they win. UNC used ineligible players for years and suffered no consequences at all. UL's penalty was based on using ineligible players. If I were their attorney that's the case I would make, the inequity in how the NCAA hands down punishment. I think a jury would buy into it. The problem is getting it in front of a jury.

I think there is merit, especially for Hancock. He and Henderson were never named in doing anything wrong. Why should they be penalized by the actions of a few. If the eligibility of a couple of players is truly the issue, the NCAA should take action against those players and not the whole team. I think the NCAA gives us back the banner and they can keep any monies we were forced to pay back. U of L is being discriminated against as the only school to lose a championship banner when the NCAA hasn’t established a set precedence. If Trump and Bevin can pardon anyone then the NCAA should follow suit and not penalize 13 out of 15 student athletes.

Reactions: wilkie01
I agree Rentalman and I have said it quite often. I have nothing against UNC and I am glad they won their case. However there does seem to be special treatment in the way their case was handled compared to ours. I would definitely use it to our advantage.

Ramsey & Smrt
Your guys have kept the latter one on the payroll. They're inseparable.

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

I think if they can ever get the case heard by a jury they win. UNC used ineligible players for years and suffered no consequences at all. UL's penalty was based on using ineligible players. If I were their attorney that's the case I would make, the inequity in how the NCAA hands down punishment. I think a jury would buy into it. The problem is getting it in front of a jury.
Fair enough but the court may require you to cite the NCAA rules that made the UNC players ineligible. I hate what UNC did but none of their players were ever deemed ineligible.

Fair enough but the court may require you to cite the NCAA rules that made the UNC players ineligible. I hate what UNC did but none of their players were ever deemed ineligible.
Technically you are correct. But when you get credit for a class you did not really take, and that class keeps you eligible, common sense tells you they were using ineligible players. Your point is exactly why I say the case has to get to a jury. A judge would make the argument you are making. A jury might not. I was involved in a civil suit in the past and was 100 percent convinced I would win the case. My attorney cautioned that you never know how a jury will decide a case. His advice was try to settle out of court which we did. I am hoping that's what is going to happen here. If they can actually get it to Court the NCAA might settle out of Court, fearing a ruling against them might set a precedent that is problematic for them.

The attorney is John Morgan, who has been wildly successful as a personal injury lawyer (“for the people” slogan). Unfortunately I haven’t seen one attorney that thinks the case will get anywhere. If nothing else it’s a pretty savvy marketing move. Hope they can rattle the cage at the NCAA though.

1) Rick ain't know shit about dem ho's
2) Dem ho's ugly
3) Ain't nobody playing for Louisville because of dem ugly, nasty, stanky, stank trick-ass ho's
4) After thinking about this for a day, I have come to the conclusion that the war ended when the appeal was denied and this will only result in delaying/hindering the post-war reconstruction effort. I understand Luke and the team wanting to fight, but this isn't going to end the way they want. In the end, this lawsuit, at this time, is only good if you are a rival of Louisville.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
1) Rick ain't know shit about dem ho's
2) Dem ho's ugly
3) Ain't nobody playing for Louisville because of dem ugly, nasty, stanky, stank trick-ass ho's
4) After thinking about this for a day, I have come to the conclusion that the war ended when the appeal was denied and this will only result in delaying/hindering the post-war reconstruction effort. I understand Luke and the team wanting to fight, but this isn't going to end the way they want. In the end, this lawsuit, at this time, is only good if you are a rival of Louisville.
So you think it’s ok for Luke, who probably achieved his lifetime dream and worked his tail off just to bend over and say or do nothing? By doing nothing, sort of admits that he knew things were going on. Surprised this hasn’t happen sooner. We have looked at this from an University standpoint not from individuals.

So you think it’s ok for Luke, who probably achieved his lifetime dream and worked his tail off just to bend over and say or do nothing? By doing nothing, sort of admits that he knew things were going on. Surprised this hasn’t happen sooner. We have looked at this from an University standpoint not from individuals.

yes, that's exactly what I said (sarcasm). Read.

Technically you are correct. But when you get credit for a class you did not really take, and that class keeps you eligible, common sense tells you they were using ineligible players. Your point is exactly why I say the case has to get to a jury. A judge would make the argument you are making. A jury might not. I was involved in a civil suit in the past and was 100 percent convinced I would win the case. My attorney cautioned that you never know how a jury will decide a case. His advice was try to settle out of court which we did. I am hoping that's what is going to happen here. If they can actually get it to Court the NCAA might settle out of Court, fearing a ruling against them might set a precedent that is problematic for them.
Lots of ifs but let's say a judge decides the players have standing and let's say a judge allows a jury to decide how to apply private rules, rules both member institutions and in many cases, student-athletes have agreed to follow. Even if all that happened, which would be inappropriate, the case would be tossed in appeal. That, of course, would only happen after years of dragging the sordid mess in front of the public. Even worse, Morgan & Morgan, fancy ambulance chasers, is representing them. If there was an angle to attack, which I dont believe there is, they have the wrong attorneys. This case will never be a win for them from a simple litigation angle like defamation or breach of contract. It's a lose, lose for UL regardless.

Lots of ifs but let's say a judge decides the players have standing and let's say a judge allows a jury to decide how to apply private rules, rules both member institutions and in many cases, student-athletes have agreed to follow. Even if all that happened, which would be inappropriate, the case would be tossed in appeal. That, of course, would only happen after years of dragging the sordid mess in front of the public. Even worse, Morgan & Morgan, fancy ambulance chasers, is representing them. If there was an angle to attack, which I dont believe there is, they have the wrong attorneys. This case will never be a win for them from a simple litigation angle like defamation or breach of contract. It's a lose, lose for UL regardless.

No harm in swinging for the fences. Do nothing you have no shot. Stranger things have happened.
That's about right. The guys suing have nothing to lose esp. if the attorneys are helping to fund the effort...

Well, for good or bad, its all over the sports world now. Lots of negative feedback already from non-rivals. Its hard to believe Morgan thinks he will get Pitino his title back. I wonder who is paying for this, lots of folks think its Pitino.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38620917/...championship-team-sue-ncaa-over-vacated-title

Okay. This statement irritates me:

"Morgan also said the term 'student athlete' is mislabeled. "They should not be called student athletes. They should be called student servants. Indentured servants who risk their body, spend an inordinate amounts of time perfecting their games and basically get nothing.'"

To that, I say child, please. You can tell this guy is a professional ambulance chaser. Ask any Div II or Div III athlete (I have) what they think about FBS or Div I athletes being "servants" and all the perks that come with that life.

Morgan does make a good point about clearing the names of these athletes who had nothing to do with this. Luke stated he hasn't gone 2 days without someone asking him about ho's in his dormroom. That has to be insulting to guys like Gorgui & Luke. I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone thinking I touched any of those nasty, stanky, ugly, skanky trick-ass ho's.

Penn State players and alumni filed suit against the NCAA and won big time.
I think it was Corman v NCAA, he is a state senator and the State treasurer was the other party. The state sued because of the money. The NCAA went outside their jurisdiction on that one and didn't provide proper due process. I don't think that will transfer to this situation.

Most lawyers say whatever's in the best interests of their clients. Has nothing to do with reality or truth. We have one on the premium board who exemplifies that...

Lawyers say whatever's in the best interests of their clients. Has nothing to do with reality or truth. We have one on the premium board who exemplifies that...

I know. You're right. You pull the race card, the abuse card, the "servants" card, you play them all. I don't have to like it though.

The lawsuit is filed. I don't think it'll be successful (all the NCAA has to do is point to Louisville self-admitting and self-imposing), but the boots are on the ground, we're in, so let's win as they say. If nothing else, I hope it's proven that these 5 plaintiffs that were on our title team are proved of no wrong-doing, because they deserve that.

ADVERTISEMENT