ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys think of this suit filed by players?

The lawsuit i am talking about was PATERNO VS NCAA (this included Paterno family members, former players, alumni, and other interested parties. That lawsuit had nothing to do with CORMAN VS NCAA. You might want to check your information before you post it as fact.

This morning’s press conference did little to disprove the thought that this is just a savvy marketing move by this firm. The butchering of players names, the lack of knowledge of basic rules (ie: one and done is not NCAA policy) and litany of call-in show type bashing of the NCAA just made it seem like a hasty attempt to get a lot of free press. Thoughts?

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, I'm like screw the NCAA. Fight, fight, fight! On the other, I'm like if you don't rock the boat and accept the penalty, then the banner and wins will eventually be reinstated.

Reactions: GoldCard
This morning’s press conference did little to disprove the thought that this is just a savvy marketing move by this firm. The butchering of players names, the lack of knowledge of basic rules (ie: one and done is not NCAA policy) and litany of call-in show type bashing of the NCAA just made it seem like a hasty attempt to get a lot of free press. Thoughts?
And if Morgan's successful, he might shine a little light on how ineffective the clown show is at representing the interests of fans and players. That would kinda suck, right?...

And if Morgan's successful, he might shine a little light on how ineffective the clown show is at representing the interests of fans and players. That would kinda suck, right?...

If they are successful it would disprove the widely held legal notion that member schools and its athletes willingly subscribe to the rules and procedures of the NCAA regardless of how silly or dacronion they are. Also, it would certainly suggest that the university should’ve fought all along, so the path trudged by Jurich, Ramsey, Smrt, Grissom, Tyra was wrong. However, that opening presser didn’t lend much confidence.

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, I'm like screw the NCAA. Fight, fight, fight! On the other, I'm like if you don't rock the boat and accept the penalty, then the banner and wins will eventually be reinstated.
It won’t miraculously be reinstated on its own. I’m ok with the players fighting for it, uh.. they’re the ones who worked hard to earn it.

Reactions: Cue Card
UNC used fake classes for 30 years to keep their athletes eligible. The NCAA ruled it was OK because non athletes took the same classes ( huh!). I can almost guarantee that that ugly ho and her ugly ho daughters had sex with other co-eds as well. We should use UNC's descion to our advantage and press the issue hard.

Reactions: GoldCard
...it would certainly suggest that the university should’ve fought all along, so the path trudged by Jurich, Ramsey, Smrt, Grissom, Tyra was wrong...
Not everyone in that line-up had a chance to fight this to the end...

Not everyone in that line-up had a chance to fight this to the end...

In hindsight, unfortunately the opportunity for a vigorous defense is in the beginning. I did think UofL had a compelling appeal but the NCAA wields all the power in that relationship.

In hindsight, unfortunately the opportunity for a vigorous defense is in the beginning. I did think UofL had a compelling appeal but the NCAA wields all the power in that relationship.
You negotiate, then you fight. That's the order...

It won’t miraculously be reinstated on its own. I’m ok with the players fighting for it, uh.. they’re the ones who worked hard to earn it.

It needs to be done diplomatically by the university.

The attorney is John Morgan, who has been wildly successful as a personal injury lawyer (“for the people” slogan). Unfortunately I haven’t seen one attorney that thinks the case will get anywhere. If nothing else it’s a pretty savvy marketing move. Hope they can rattle the cage at the NCAA though.
John lives for publicity. This case works for him.

lawyers will be happy

it may make them happy and satisfied , will they even be considered as having standing?

money not well spent and only makes prior issues more viewable

According to Morgan & Morgan doesn’t sound as if their charging the players. And Luke is suing to get his MVP back. That probably will happen especially since he’s not implicated in anything. The banner is a long shot.

The attorney is John Morgan, who has been wildly successful as a personal injury lawyer (“for the people” slogan). Unfortunately I haven’t seen one attorney that thinks the case will get anywhere. If nothing else it’s a pretty savvy marketing move. Hope they can rattle the cage at the NCAA though.
While I would wildly celebrate if they won the fact is Morgan is an ambulance chasing scum bag in a scum bag field. You call his firm and they keep all the good cases and farm out the weak ones to other law firms. Of course their adds never tell you that and imply the people you see on their TV adds do all the work. This is probably just for PR.

While I would wildly celebrate if they won the fact is Morgan is an ambulance chasing scum bag in a scum bag field. You call his firm and they keep all the good cases and farm out the weak ones to other law firms. Of course their adds never tell you that and imply the people you see on their TV adds do all the work. This is probably just for PR.
I did find an interesting article that lays out the case and potential rebuttals.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/07/12/louisville-ex-players-lawsuit-ncaa-luke-hancock

As a fan I'm tired of talking/hearing about it (yet here I am talking about it). I don't blame the players one bit though. No way did Louisville win the title or achieve those Final Fours because of Katina Powell's "influence" on recruiting. No way.

truth 4 and 5 star recruits were running from that skank

Reactions: zipp
Following the famous 2018 "Morgan Lawsuit" (25 ad.) initiated by Louisville players following what they contended were disproportionate and overly Draconian rulings made by the penalty commission, formed the beginnings of a catastrophic series of suits. In that trial, the actual participators were few in number. Yet, the NCAA very unwisely paid out a near death penalty on the entire program. An overabunce of players not involved in the investigation would feel specific ramifications which affected their livelihoods and futures. 5 years after the suit was filed, a jury ruled in favor of the players.

The suit began a near-constant barrage of speculative and meritorious claims, which crippled the organization sufficiently to adapt to this new, current form.

This may also open up doors that some former players and coaches want to keep closed..this can't be good for UL. The NCAA will go full court to fight. The focus won't be on the players not mentioned. Focus will be on the entire University. There is more. Always is. The NCAA will use the media to put its foot on ULs throat and kill the program. Is it worth it ?

This may also open up doors that some former players and coaches want to keep closed..this can't be good for UL. The NCAA will go full court to fight. The focus won't be on the players not mentioned. Focus will be on the entire University. There is more. Always is. The NCAA will use the media to put its foot on ULs throat and kill the program. Is it worth it ?
Slappy handicapping...gotta love it!

The NCAA can't afford to lose this lawsuit. Expect a settlement as happens in 90% of civil suits. The banners return, and U of L's managers have more egg on their faces...

I would love for this to open up a can of worms on more than just Louisville. A lot of other schools would have their names in the hat, some that haven't even been mentioned yet by the NCAA or the FBI.

Whose going to do the investigation? Surely you don’t expect the NCAA to do it and if they do whose going to talk to them. It will all be hearsay. This is big boy court not the Kangaroo court the NCAA is use to operating in.

Yep this will be interesting they can’t afford to lose and If they fight to hard and lose that’s even worse. Luke and company have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And how can the NCAA go after a party (Full court as you said) not mentioned in the case (UofL). They can’t, refer to the last sentence in the first paragraph.

Reactions: wilkie01 and zipp
Whose going to do the investigation? Surely you don’t expect the NCAA to do it and if they do whose going to talk to them. It will all be hearsay. This is big boy court not the Kangaroo court the NCAA is use to operating in.

Yep this will be interesting they can’t afford to lose and If they fight to hard and lose that’s even worse. Luke and company have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And how can the NCAA go after a party (Full court as you said) not mentioned in the case (UofL). They can’t, refer to the last sentence in the first paragraph.

I'm not so sure they can't afford to lose. The only reason the Ncaa has any power is because the Universities give them power. And that all goes back to big pay days. Who's to say UL and those in charge today wont work with the Ncaa on this. UL could careless about upsetting past players today. But UL does seem concerned what the Ncaa thinks of them. I hate even responding to that idiot Zipp. The Ncaa may not have to.do the leg work on this. UL may make it easy for them. And supply more info.to help them shut this down. Will be interesting. And will not.go away over night.

I'm not so sure they can't afford to lose. The only reason the Ncaa has any power is because the Universities give them power. And that all goes back to big pay days. Who's to say UL and those in charge today wont work with the Ncaa on this. UL could careless about upsetting past players today. But UL does seem concerned what the Ncaa thinks of them. I hate even responding to that idiot Zipp. The Ncaa may not have to.do the leg work on this. UL may make it easy for them. And supply more info.to help them shut this down. Will be interesting. And will not.go away over night.

1) Without the players talking there won’t be any evidence. 2) Your assuming there’s more and considering that there’s already been a pretty extensive investigation by the FBI and UofL I think UofL is probably one of the universities with the least to worry about.

And the NCAA can’t afford to lose because it will open the door to many other players who feel they’ve been wronged. And there are plenty. And there just might be other universities willing to take them on. And this could lead to large payouts to players and reversals. Either way since this is in the real courts the NCAA won’t run roughshod over anyone and it could look like retaliation if they go after the university. Plus why would the NCAA want to expand it to the university. The NCAA would just make it worse on themselves by doing that.

If anything the courts may throw the case out, but if they don’t lookout. And remember this only has to do with the stripper case and that’s it.

The NCAA can't afford to lose this lawsuit. Expect a settlement as happens in 90% of civil suits. The banners return, and U of L's managers have more egg on their faces...

I hear you buddy!

Zero chance that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT