ADVERTISEMENT

What’s going on to our east?

UK released a 4 page transcript yesterday from the Disciplianry Board:

Two persons that were football players had been invited by someone to this party.

The person that stated he saw a firearm told the board
He saw a gun in the waistband of a person he could not identify.

After saying he could not identify the person named Vito Tisdale as the person with the gun.

The person being interviewed state Tisdale flourished the gun "so I heard" stating he had not seen the act.

The person then stated there were 4 guns.

Lexington police found no guns at the scene, and executed a search warrant on the properties of Tisdale and found no gun.

Based on the account given by the complaining party (this witness) the disciplinary board found insufficient evidence to proceed.

Now, what happens, I've no clue. The statement released by the disciplinary board from early June is certainly different in ways than what was reported to Eric Crawford. Could be many reasons for this.

The GRAND Jury supposedly meets next week.

If the prosecutor feels the Commonwealth has sufficient evidence, they convince the jury and proceed.

If not, then the prosecutor has the option to drop charges or request a different Grand Jury while more evidence is collected.

Two persons that were football players had been invited by someone to this party.

After saying he could not identify the person named Vito Tisdale as the person with the gun.

The person being interviewed state Tisdale flourished the gun "so I heard" stating he had not seen the act.

Lexington police found no guns at the scene, and executed a search warrant on the properties of Tisdale and found no gun.

Based on the account given by the complaining party (this witness) the disciplinary board found insufficient evidence to proceed.

Now, what happens, I've no clue. The statement released by the disciplinary board from early June is certainly different in ways than what was reported to Eric Crawford. Could be many reasons for this.

If the prosecutor feels the Commonwealth has sufficient evidence, they convince the jury and proceed.

If not, then the prosecutor has the option to drop charges or request a different Grand Jury while more evidence is collected.
Well it sounds as though the witness may have changed his statement could be out of fear or he didn’t give the correct facts up front. But that’s entirely different than what he told Crawford and Blankenbaker. Also if they had a gun that wasn’t registered it wouldn’t be hard to give it to someone to keep. So no gun no problem for Tinsdale. None of this shocks me. The delay by law enforcement allowed for evidence to fade away. And it’s very simple to say there were no guns found at the scene. Who knows if they even checked, the whole thing seems fishy. There is a vast difference in how issues are handled in Lexington and Louisville.
Raise your hand if your shocked at the findings? No hands, not surprised. No wonder Stoops was so positive. If the FB players did all of what their accused of I wouldn’t want interact with them in the future. They have been empowered to do whatever they want and they’ll be protected. I go back to, why would UK students make up stuff that would hurt their FB team. I just don’t buy that this was fabricated. Sorry

Last edited:

Is there any link to this 4 page transcript?

Lotta folks feel that way. Understandable.

Without a gun, it turns to a bar fight.
Stories change all the time when you get sober and arent scared. Memories clear.
Sometimes they change. All parties admit to a physical altercation. That's not in question. All parties admit to racial insults being used, again not in question.
Originally 20 football players were indicated. Then 10. A dozen players had their phones subpoenaed. Players were finally Identified by using a football site with pics. 6 are charged. Some evidence one (McClain) never got out of a car.
Other evidence another...Phillips I believe never entered.
99% falls on Tisdale...and a gun.
The gun was the focus of the disciplinary board, imo....throwing out every college player/frat for a drunk fight would be a nightmare for any school.
Some chance that this is an overcharge to make this go away.
Also always the chance the complaining persons are exactly correct.
That's what the courts are for.

And just for me, I dont think ANY police department in this day and time would not go to great lengths to verify if a gun was present.

Well it sounds as though the witness may have changed his statement could be out of fear or he didn’t give the correct facts up front. But that’s entirely different than what he told Crawford and Blankenbaker. Also if they had a gun that wasn’t registered it wouldn’t be hard to give it to someone to keep. So no gun no problem for Tinsdale. None of this shocks me. The delay by law enforcement allowed for evidence to fade away. And it’s very simple to say there were no guns found at the scene. Who knows if they even checked, the whole thing seems fishy. There is a vast difference in how issues are handled in Lexington and Louisville.
Raise your hand if your shocked at the findings? No hands, not surprised. No wonder Stoops was so positive. If the FB players did all of what their accused of I wouldn’t want interact with them in the future. They have been empowered to do whatever they want and they’ll be protected. I go back to, why would UK students make up stuff that would hurt their FB team. I just don’t buy that this was fabricated. Sorry
The frat boys are going to spin it an extreme way towards their side.
The football punks are going to spin it an extreme way towards their side.

Truth is probably in the middle. It wasn't a "little scuffle" like the football players wanted, but it probably wasn't some out of control football player brawl with guns and gang activity. But in our world, everything is extreme and there's no common ground for the middle.

Reactions: ACT ONE
It's all fair game....but...
The pages were a twitter link, and the findings were not enough evidentiary evidence on gun possession....which I think we all admit is the big charge.
Tisdale is on probation from the University for an undisclosed time and instructed to take various counselings.

Agrees to violation of physical altercation at this house....which is what the probation is about.

Once again....this what was told to the review board. What was told to police could be a different story than either we have read.

Once stories start changing I see no way to ever really get the truth. I have not followed this at all, other than what is posted ITT.

From a university standpoint, what is UK administration saying?

I would guess its whatever comes out in trial. The Disciplinary board put them on probation, not expulsion. If more evidence comes out, they will likely act on that.
The coach is standing behind the players based on what he heard at the discipline hearing. He pretty much just has to let this play out, although he did mention these guys have missed in total 12-14 weeks of activity right now.
If they come back, probably looking at redshirts for some, others may look at the transfer portal.
I think Barnhart is just waiting to see...the UK Discipline Board is separate from the Athletic Department.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACT ONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT